• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: Chances of new megaman port release?  (Read 5321 times)

baz2108 (OP)

Chances of new megaman port release?
« on: December 22, 2012, 11:51:44 am »
What are the chances of some genuis being able to create a port of the new Megaman Vs Street fighter onto the dingux?

zear

Re: Chances of new megaman port release?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 01:01:40 pm »
Zero. Game porting doesn't work this way.

DiegoSLTS

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 06:29:55 pm »
To make it clear, to do a port of any software, we need the source code and the game must be programmed using supported languages and libraries on OpenDingux, or using libraries that can be replaced with supported ones. That game is for Windows only and the source code is not available.

If you're talking about a remake... well, that's a lot harder than porting.

baz2108 (OP)

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2012, 10:30:59 am »
Well that is a shame,

oh well thanks ever so for clearing that up for me, i'll be taking that off my list to santa now

protomank

• Rockbot Game Engine
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2013, 02:02:25 am »
Well, the idea of my project (Rockbot), when done, is to have a engine flexible enought for people to (with some small bits of code editing) develop megaman games. It has an editor, only some special enemies behavior would need to be implemented.
I actually created it when I knew Capcom was not releasing Megaman 9 and 10 to PS2, and I already ported as a trial, part of Magma man's stage, but street fighter vs. megaman is a bit tricky for bosses, as there are things like Dhalsin's arms, but if you are interested, grab the editor (available for Linux and Windows), the sprites/tilesets and edit the maps to give a try. I am imterested in people messing with it, so I can find bugs or missing features... even if it represents more work to do ;)
Rockbot Lead game designer.

Post a new topic
Post a new topic