Author Topic: We need customized MP3 playlists! :)  (Read 8207 times)

Patrese-X (OP)

We need customized MP3 playlists! :)
« on: October 26, 2009, 03:04:53 pm »
What made me buy a Dingoo in the first place is that it can play games as well as being a "small enough to my pocket" MP3 player, but something has really bothered me since I got it. I don't know if it is the right place to talk about it, but here we go: there should be an option to create customized playlists, be it on Dingux or the native firmware. I know the Dingux music player (the one in Toddler's pack) sort of does it, but it is really tricky IMO, and does not access the music on the Dingoo internal memory.

It would also solve the problem of the bunch of WAV files that start showing off on the automatic playlists after you put Dingux on the miniSD slot, since you could create a list that excludes them... Is there anybody working on it?  ???

I believe it must be possible, since I had a really crappy "MP5 Player" before I got the Dingoo, and even that could do it... If I knew something about programming, that's what I'd try to do, but since I'm clueless about it... :(
The Dingoo shall rule the world. :)

Reo

Re: We need customized MP3 playlists! :)
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 09:53:47 pm »
What do you want us to do about it? We can't really do anything with the native firmware; if we could, the B/Y button bug would be fixed. You could use GMU if you wanted to listen to music though.

omgmog

• * Administrator
  • Doesn't sleep.
    • omgmog.net
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009, 10:25:21 pm »
I've found that making seperate folders for albums/playlists works quite well with the native player, give that a go.

Patrese-X (OP)

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 10:34:23 pm »
I've found that making seperate folders for albums/playlists works quite well with the native player, give that a go.
Thanks for the reply, it's a great job that you're doing in keeping this place for the Dinggo community!

About the songs, I do that too, have a bunch of albuns separated by folders... but it doesn't let me create style playlists, for instance (all prog songs, all metal songs and so on). Too bad it still can't be done, I think I'll just have to wait till Dingux is mature enough to replace the native firmware... and hopefully something better than the GMU will show up too, since I really don't like it as much as the native firmware music player.

BTW, I'm really sorry if by any reason I was rude in my first post. Since English is not my native language, it is quite possible that I said something that did not sound the way I intended in the first place, hence the sort of harsh reply by Reo.
The Dingoo shall rule the world. :)

Rebelphoenix

• Critical Indie Gamer
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2009, 11:32:16 pm »
I'd love to see the native firmware get completely replaced. I don't think I will even use it when I get mine.