Author Topic: New here, question about Movie/Video Conversion  (Read 11872 times)

Nevinryal

New here, question about Movie/Video Conversion
« on: May 14, 2010, 08:46:18 am »
Is it true the Dingoo can play ANY format of AVI more specifically the i guess you would say video resolution?
Many players require you convert to that god awful 320x240 crap in order for you to play ANYTHING. But can the Dingoo actually play a regular AVI or movie that I would have already ripped or my old DBZ collection etc without conversion? Also I'm thinking conversion would be good for storage issues in which case can any of you recommend a specific utility for me to locate so that I can begin making space efficient formats to play on the dingoo. Thanks in advance and I hope to contribute to this community asap once I recieve my dingoo from Dingoo Digital USA and begin exploring it.

xdpirate

• * Former Staff
Re: New here, question about Movie/Video Conversion
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 10:25:28 am »
Hi, and welcome to Dingoonity.

The Dingoo have played every single AVI-file I've fed it. A 640x480 anime episode will lag video-wise for a second each minute, but will then catch back up with the audio, and is perfectly playable. However you should convert your files to the appropiate resolution for the Dingoo (320x240) for optimal playback.

I use the SUPER converter to convert all my videos, it's the best video converter out there.

mrkingoo

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 01:13:24 pm »
In my experience the Dingoo native player plays avi movies (xvid encoded) perfectly as long as resolution is no higher than about 700-720 wide and bitrate isnt higher than 900-950 Kbps.

Azm0deus

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010, 07:37:34 pm »
This is what you are looking for (I hope   :-X)

http://sience.schattenkind.net/dingoo/Dingoo_a320_eng.htm

someone posted this in another thread
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 07:39:32 pm by Azm0deus »

Nevinryal

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2010, 11:01:09 pm »
Thanks alot guys this really helps, what would you advise me to use as a Video Converter because I have a ton of media I would like to carry with me but I don't know much about conversion. I'm not a very picky person when comes to video quality or sound, just want something I could reasonably enjoy is all

xdpirate

• * Former Staff
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2010, 06:23:48 am »
Thanks alot guys this really helps, what would you advise me to use as a Video Converter because I have a ton of media I would like to carry with me but I don't know much about conversion. I'm not a very picky person when comes to video quality or sound, just want something I could reasonably enjoy is all

The SUPER video converter is the best there is.

Edit: Their site can be hard to navigate. This is how you get the setup-file:
1. Scroll down to the bottom, click "Start Downloading SUPER ©"
2. Click "download and use"
3. Scroll down to the bottom and click "Download SUPER © setup file"
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 06:26:51 am by xdpirate »

Nevinryal

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2010, 09:24:57 am »
Downloading my first copy of it now, will soon be converting muahahaha thanks!

Solstice

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2010, 03:22:44 am »
I recommend AVS Video Converter
Dingoo A320 stock 1.2 + Gmenu

PSP slim 2002 Gen 5.50 D3 Prom4

xdpirate

• * Former Staff
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2010, 06:24:01 am »
AVS is not free and will add a watermark to your videos.

zear

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2010, 06:34:53 am »
I recommend ffmpeg ;P

Nevinryal

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2010, 11:44:16 am »
Ok I got the prog, more questions XD...

What do I put for here..

1)Select Output Container?
2)Select the Output Video Codec?
3) Select the Output Audio Codec?
"Internal encoders are auto-selected to complete this operation" ?

VIDEO:
Video Scale Size=320x240 right?
Aspect=?
Frame/Sec=?
Bitrate kbps=?
Options=Hi quality, Top qual, Strech It, 48K Audio?
Audio, Sampling Freq=?
Channels=?
Bitrate kbps=?
DVD Language Select Audio Stream Track=?

Set me in the right direction...my objective being to get the BEST combination of size/quality. I am NOT picky when it comes to Audio/Video I just don't want to waste space for some extra frills that I'll be honest, Will, Not, Notice. I still think most of these "Retro" systems got dropped simply in favor of selling a newer product and that graphics don't make the game as much as gameplay. I think a game is good because I enjoy it, the graphics can be shit on a stick but if people REALLY enjoy it then no amount of polish will put that fact to shame. It's sad because alot of games have such high requirements to play and utilize hardware that surpasses most of the coding/programming etc that are allowed to be put into some of the newer games it's miserable. Sry the last part was just me ranting because of a deep seated disapointment that many consoles/pcs got killed off WAY before their time not because there was anything inherently wrong with them , it was just because the developers weren't concerned with doing the best with what we have and making it better but instead just moving on to the next big thing.

mrkingoo

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2010, 01:14:48 pm »
I usually encode with Xvid codec (AVI container). Get it free here:
http://www.xvid.org/Downloads.43.0.html

Resolution shouldnt always be 320x240. Depends on the aspect ratio. For example resolutions 640x480, 800x600 are 4/3 (1.33:1) and should be resized to 320x240. 1280x720 is 1.78:1 so its resized to 320x180. Some converters will keep the correct aspect ratio when you resize, so you only have to change the width to 320. Bitrate (quality) usually 512-768 kbps is more than enough for a low res video viewed on a small screen. Unless the audio stream isnt unnecessarily large like 320kbps I dont think you have to reencode it, unless there's some audio/video synch problems which Virtualdub usually detects on opening the file.

Solstice

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2010, 05:51:20 pm »
AVS is not free and will add a watermark to your videos.
Dont get the free one durr
Dingoo A320 stock 1.2 + Gmenu

PSP slim 2002 Gen 5.50 D3 Prom4

Nevinryal

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2010, 02:29:35 am »
I have a bunch of video files that are in the .RMVB format, which is suppose dto be Realplayer Movie or something anyhow, the Dingoo plays it but only the video no sound, I know it's just the movies cuz it works perfect for everything else. I took a guess that it's the audio bitrate or something thats the issue or maybe just the format anyhow I'm changing errr trying to change it to AVI as the output container, MPEG-4 as the Output Video Codec and Mp3 as the Output Audo Codec, I said the Video scale size to 320:240,  the aspect to 4:3, FPS to 30,  Bitrate to 192Kbps, I'm trying to get them as small as possible but still enjoy the movies, Just did one and it came out great but the RMVB format was like 33MB and the one I made was 44.5MB so I'm gunna try a possibly lower bitrate video, have to admit though it came out BADASS. thanks guy any other suggestions to save space, perhaps some formats use less space than others? Any ideas?

LTStone

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2010, 05:51:22 am »
I have problems with RMVB as well, I have the whole simpsons seasons 1-20 and its only 6G but they wont play with sound either.
I am hoping we get a good version of mplayer for dingux but it hasn't happened yet..

Nevinryal

« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2010, 07:21:40 am »
Just successfully converted the RMVB files  to 128Kbps Video Bitrate and only 32 Kbps Audio Bitrate Output Container AVI and MPEG4 for Video and MP3 for sound. My files went from 37.6 MB files to 24.2 MB files and work great!

Azm0deus

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2010, 06:44:39 pm »
Just successfully converted the RMVB files  to 128Kbps Video Bitrate and only 32 Kbps Audio Bitrate Output Container AVI and MPEG4 for Video and MP3 for sound. My files went from 37.6 MB files to 24.2 MB files and work great!

Good to know. I'll try that. Thanks for the tip.

kenniegee

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2013, 10:53:34 am »
I was using Video Converter a couple of years ago,
avi to mp4 for mac and windows
Converts almost any video type of video/audio file format