• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: How do I add ports to Dingux on my A320?  (Read 6248 times)

Toothpick (OP)

How do I add ports to Dingux on my A320?
« on: May 21, 2013, 03:22:03 pm »
A couple months back I bought a used Dingoo A320 with Dingux installed, (My first one) I went to play eduke32 (Duke Nukem 3D) and it didn't do anything, so I deleted it and tried to put it on there again and now I don't know how to add ports to Dingux, I'd also like to be able to add DOSbox and the elder scrolls arena or daggerfall.

Would someone mind explaining step by step on how to add these ports and and set them up including DOSbox?, thanks

DiegoSLTS

Re: How do I add ports to Dingux on my A320?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 03:42:59 pm »
1 - Turn off your Dingoo
2 - Connect it to your PC, now it works as a USB pendrive (or two USB pendrives if your Dingoo has an SD Card inserted)
3 - Copy the uncompressed files of the application you want. You can put it anywhere unless that application says something specific in a "readme" file.
4 - Look at readme files for more instructions, most ports need some files from an original copy of the game that are not provided when you download it, and those files should be placed in some subfolder. Some emulators need a bios file.
5 - In the case of emulators, copy the roms of the games you want to play (compressed or uncompressed, most emulators support both formats).
6 - Disconnect your Dingoo and boot up on Dingux.
7 - Press L or R until you're at the section where you want the new application to appear.
8 - Press Select and select "Add new link...".
9 - Go where you put the application, inside that folder you should find a .dge (or maybe a file without extension) that's the executable file. Select it.
10 - That should create a new icon on the section you where that launches the application.

For DOSBox configuration you'll probably have better instructions on a readme or the page where you download the DOSBox emulator, I have never used it on my Dingoo.

Toothpick (OP)

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 07:43:24 am »
I really appreciate your answer, but I'm still not entirely clear on it, would you mind explaining it as if it were you doing it?, like say you were putting eduke32 or doom on there what folders would you put in it, where would you get the bio's or whatever it needs to operate and what folders would you put them in?, I have the NES emulators and all that covered and I know how to drop files in the game folder, but all this other stuff with Dingux confuses me and to be honest its the first time I've used a Linux based program or anything like it, I have no idea what I'm doing without alot of details and the names of the folders where everything goes, like if you say just put it anywhere id rather be told exactly where I should put it and how to run it or set it up, but once I get the hang of it I'll understand it, unfortunately there are no YouTube tutorials on the subject and everything on Google directs me to this site, and I'd really like to get the most out of my Dingoo

lemmywinks

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 10:52:25 pm »
You can put them anywhere you like in the Local folder, I organise mine into seperate folders by type such as Emulators, Apps, Games etc. which mirror the different subsections of OpenDingux (the bits you select with L & R).

For ports that require the original game data files read the readme that should be in the original archive you downloaded, it will tell you where to put the files from your original game disc. For something like CZDoom for instance I would put the extracted files from the download into a CZDoom folder in the Games folder, then put the doom.wad from the original game disc in that folder as per the instructions in the readme.

Then go to the Games screen, press Select and choose Add Link in Games, navigate to the program and press A. Using the Select menu on the new icon you have created gives you different options such as Clock Speed, Selector Browser (some emulators need this) and Icon selection. You can make nice little icons from pictures with this program, they must be 32x32 .png files:
http://www.deviouscodeworks.co.uk/imagicon.html

The most important thing is to read the README file which comes in the download though
Handhelds:
GPD Win, GPD XD 64gb, PlayGo, RS-90, 3DS XL, DSi XL, GBA SP, GBBC Clone, Gameboy Pocket c/w screen mod, PSP Go
PC:
Medion Erazer, Toshiba Z20t, Dell Mini 9, Psion 5MX
Tons of other old laptops and tablets.....

DiegoSLTS

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2013, 11:43:16 pm »
I really appreciate your answer, but I'm still not entirely clear on it, would you mind explaining it as if it were you doing it?, like say you were putting eduke32 or doom on there what folders would you put in it
I listed the steps as I would do it. When I said that you can place the files anywhere it's because it doesn't matter. Create a folder named "eduke32" on the root of your sdcard or on a subfolder named "ports". I have that last setup.

, where would you get the bio's or whatever it needs to operate
That's against the rules of the forum, you shouldn't ask for bios files or original content and noone should provide you links or instructions to get it. Maybe google has some answers.

and what folders would you put them in?
eduke32 needs the file duke3d.grp to be in the same folder as the other files. Other ports need some files in a subfolder. Really, read the readme files, that's why they exists.

, I have the NES emulators and all that covered and I know how to drop files in the game folder, but all this other stuff with Dingux confuses me and to be honest its the first time I've used a Linux based program or anything like it, I have no idea what I'm doing without alot of details and the names of the folders where everything goes, like if you say just put it anywhere id rather be told exactly where I should put it and how to run it or set it up, but once I get the hang of it I'll understand it, unfortunately there are no YouTube tutorials on the subject and everything on Google directs me to this site, and I'd really like to get the most out of my Dingoo
It really isn't much more than copying files to the SDCard. As I said, ANYWHERE is ok, just put it everything in the root or in subfolders for organization. If you already have folders on your SDCard, tell us the names.

To add a link, go to the section, press select, chose "Add link in...". A list of folders will open, "ccnandb" is the internal memory, mmcblk0p1 is the SDCard. Inside those folders you'll see the same things that you would see on a Windows PC, just keep looking for the ".dge" file, highlight it and press "Start". It will automatically add a new link and you can launch the game from there.

There are lots of threads about this things, maybe they are usefull:
http://boards.dingoonity.org/dingux-help/i-need-help-installing-new-emulators-on-dingux/
http://boards.dingoonity.org/dingux-help/how-to-install-emulators-and-games-%28noob-question%29%29/
http://boards.dingoonity.org/dingux-help/how-to-install-things-on-od/