Author Topic: Dingoo A320 retrospect collaborative ebook  (Read 7519 times)

Trevor Belomont

Dingoo A320 retrospect collaborative ebook
« on: September 02, 2012, 06:46:40 am »
From the "Is the Dingoo A320 going the way of the Dodo...?" post in the "Rumors" section:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

...Now THAT, would be a fun little read... "Dingoo A320: The rise, prosperity and decline of the littlest handheld that could..."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am actually considering putting together such a product, in collaboration with some other Dingoo A320 fans of course.
No ONE person ever has all the most pertinent information to a story, although i do feel i could take on this endeavor myself, i just would like a more, "balanced" work, and not just my take on the experience, y'know...?
I'm thinking history lesson, retrospect, philosophy with fun, tongue-in-cheeck humor thrown in for entertainment purposes.
Being a collaborative writer, this kind of work is nothing new for me.

Is anyone interested? I think it would be really awesome for all the A320 faithful to have such a cool and commemorative little ebook text file on their Dingoos (or at least the option to have it).

I feel it would be a great send-off to such memorable and event filled times, with this wonderful little device.

Your thoughts...
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 09:37:50 am by Turkish »

tiagao_extremo

Re: Dingoo A320 retrospect collaborative ebook inquiry
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 01:16:32 pm »
Great idea Turkish. Considering that the Dingoo came from out of nowhere, and look at all that happened. I still remember the days when BooBoo was starting the Dingux Project, and that's been 3 years already. :O

atari_afternoon

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 02:16:10 pm »
I like the idea, too. If Wikipedia is correct with 1 million units sold IIRC, then this is a great lot for an independant handheld, should be the record even. It?s not just something neglectable. Maybe it introduced many people to a new world of handheld gaming. The story of the early marketing (and split off) alone might be a horror story :D
To compare what it came out with, and the state of art 3 years later, it?s quite a world :)
If that book consisted of an extended handbook and a compatibility list of September 2012...

qbertaddict

• The Doctor
    • about.me
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 02:53:33 pm »
i'd be in. I remember the first time I got a VERY early build of dingux running. There was no dmenu gmenu or anything all command line. Everything would work then bang sd card corruption. I also remember the lag and hiccup in the sound until elta released his rootfs. I have so many memories about the scene. Message boards going down coming back up and dingoonity starting. Zears first ports someone compiling mrdrillx for me when my name was mrdrilleraddict the list goes on.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 02:55:47 pm by qbertaddict »

Trevor Belomont

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 10:58:13 pm »
Hey, that's great. I need someone to cover the Dingux aspects of the ebook, since i'm not as experienced in that aspect.

Some chapter ideas (No particular order):

- Rise of the Micro Game Station (2009 - the Dingoo A320 makes it's debut)
- The age of discovery (the initial hands-on experience with the A320)
- Trial, error and addiction (time spent troubleshooting Native OS, it's and rom/emulator collecting's addictiveness)
- Division, confusion and conspiracy (covering the Dingoo Digital / Dingoo Technologies split)
- All in the family (covering basic aspects of the various incarnations of "Dingoo")
- So much fun for the price (covering the basic price variations, sellers/re-sellers and sites used to obtain an A320)
- Dingux (covering the basic story of Dingux) (need someone to cover this)
- The advent of the Community Scene (particularly Dingoonity)( need help with)
- Customizing
- Pushing the A320 (towards it's limits)
- Sunny days, blue skys and lots of gaming (the prosperity of the A320)
- Rough roads, competition and decline (the steady decline in the development scene of the A320 and the advent of the many other videogame emulating, handheld devices)
- Holding on to the past, forever... (the A320 as a portable, videogame museum/memories of days of youth, and keeping the past alive)(need more outside input)
- (Miscellaneous Rants and Raves)

Like i said, just a little taste...
Any ideas or other input is appreciated.
Everything's open for manipulation or expansion...
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 09:37:32 am by Turkish »

MightyJAK

• My tumblr
Re: Dingoo A320 retrospect collaborative ebook
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2012, 09:16:08 pm »
S'more chapter ideas:

- Prehistory
What came before, what were the first PMP devices that also included game emulation functions (particularly the ones that allowed the user to load their own games via USB cable or SD card, rather than only having built-in games), and why they never caught on the way the a320 did.

Perhaps a bit of history on the practice of loading Linux on devices never designed for it, what lead up to the development of Dingux.
My machines:
GBC,GBA,GBA SP,NDS,NGPC,Panasonic FZ-10 3DO,NES,Sega Nomad,Sega CDX w/Power Base Converter,PS1,PS2,PS3,Saturn,Dreamcast,PC (Win 98, XP, 7),Dingoo A320,Dingoo A330,Gemei A330,LetCool N350JP,PAP-GAMETA,GCW-Zero SE,Kyocera Rise,2DS,GP2X-F100,GPD G7,JXD 100,JXD A1000,JXD A3300,JXD F3000,JXD V5000,JXD S7300B,Hyperkin SupaBoy

Currently playing: Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call (2DS)

Koji-Kendo

Re: Dingoo A320 retrospect collaborative ebook
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2014, 11:20:46 am »
This sounds cool, but I think Mighty Jak's idea sounds more appealing.
A history of emulation equipped / PMP handhelds.

From their inception to today.

Would like to see that someday. 3-)
DA320, DTA330, DD/GA330, DMG (modded), MGB (modded), MGL, CGB (modded), GBA, GBA-SP (001 and 101 (custom) w/flashcarts), GB Micro, DS Lite, DSi (custom), 3DS, 3DS-XL (all  w/ flashcarts), PSP (modded), WonderSwan, NeoGeo Pocket Color...PS1, 2, 3 and 4...