• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: Dingoo a330?  (Read 5670 times)

TheGreenPowerRanger (OP)

Dingoo a330?
« on: January 23, 2014, 05:55:04 am »
First off I would like to apologize because I'm 90% sure I didn't put this in the correct area. Anyways, I've been looking into portable dingoos and I searched it up on ebay and this is what I found: http://bit.ly/19Pbj61
Is this a legit dingoo? I'm asking because it clearly says gemei. Even if it's not a legit does anyone know if it can handle gba and snes? Thanks.
GO GO POWER RANGERS!!!

Koji-Kendo

Re: Dingoo a330?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 09:20:16 am »
Hello Green Power Ranger, how are you doing dear friend?

Yes, you are correct.
This thread would be better placed in "Other Portable Consoles", "Gemei A330" (as the Dingoo Digital A330 and Gemei A330 are essentially the same console albeit with a rebranding on the outer shell).

As far as it's legitimacy, I am not %100.
Although I have my own theories on that.

Concerning GBA and SNES emulation, you are in luck because these particular unit's stock emu run GBA pretty well on most games and there is  the "Hot-PocketSNES" application which runs much, much better than the subpar SNES stock emu.

I have had the "Dingoo Digital A330 EX" iteration for some time (with a Gemei A330 EX on the way) now and I can say from firsthand experience, although it is a far cry from an A320, it is still a very good console for it's current price, even despite it's drawbacks.

Other things it excels at are emulation of CPS1/2, and NeoGeo Arcade roms.
NES, Mega-Drive/Genesis emulation runs well enough despite some reports of sound lag, of which I have not experienced thus far with my use of those emulators.

Other notable mentions are the GB/GBC application "Gnuboy" (a functional emu with space for improvement) and "SMSsdl" (a surprisingly well  done piece of work) the SMS/GG emu applications that have been released thus far to help fill in the gaps.

I hope this helps! 3-)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 10:53:55 am by Koji-Kendo »
DA320, DTA330, DD/GA330, DMG (modded), MGB (modded), MGL, CGB (modded), GBA, GBA-SP (001 and 101 (custom) w/flashcarts), GB Micro, DS Lite, DSi (custom), 3DS, 3DS-XL (all  w/ flashcarts), PSP (modded), WonderSwan, NeoGeo Pocket Color...PS1, 2, 3 and 4...

cronot

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 11:23:34 am »
First off I would like to apologize because I'm 90% sure I didn't put this in the correct area.

Well, if you'd ask me, I think here is okay - your question is generic enough that it fits in here as well as other areas like Dingoo Hardware / General, or the one Koji mentioned for the Gemei. But your topic is broad enough that it fits either, IMO.

Anyways, I've been looking into portable dingoos and I searched it up on ebay and this is what I found: http://bit.ly/19Pbj61
Is this a legit dingoo? I'm asking because it clearly says gemei. Even if it's not a legit does anyone know if it can handle gba and snes? Thanks.

Well, it depends on your definition of "legit"  :)

It's a legit Gemei A330. It's not a DT (Dingoo Technology) A330.

Read this thread, it should clear up some of the confusion.

In short, I wouldn't go with the Gemei one: Dingux/Opendingux doesn't work on it, and I believe it also isn't compatible with the A320/DT-A330 native emus. So you're basically stuck with whatever comes in the package (which from what've read isn't all bad - but it's far from perfect). The only thing the Gemei A330 has going for it is cheaper price and (so I've heard) slightly better casing.

The DT-A330 looks like a smallish PSP, and internally it's just an A320 with twice the RAM and a wireless receiver for the controller (which may or may not be bundled in the package, depending from where/who you buy), which is useful if you're going to play on the TV. So, if you want better software support, then go for it.

TheGreenPowerRanger (OP)

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 01:17:35 pm »
Thanks guys! After reading about it I'll probably go with a a320 or a380 because I hate the psp styledf a330
GO GO POWER RANGERS!!!

cronot

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2014, 04:39:05 pm »
Thanks guys! After reading about it I'll probably go with a a320 or a380 because I hate the psp styledf a330

If your choice is down to the A320 or A380, I'd suggest going with the A320 - that is, if you can even find one. The A380 is better than the GA330, but it has more or less the same problem as the GA330, although to a lesser extent: the A380's default OS is a modified (Legacy) Dingux. Some stuff from A320 Legacy Dingux work well on the A380, but then some other stuff either doesn't work correctly or doesn't work at all. So, the A320 is a safer bet for software support, even if the hardware itself is dated at this point.

If you've got the cash, the best choice would be the GCW0, though - it looks like it has the best software selection, even better than the Dingoos, and it keeps growing - probably has to do with the fact the most A320 devs abandoned it for the GCW, sadly.  :P I still swear by my A320 though, too bad it EOL'd, which means it's getting nearly impossible to find one new. I suppose that when the time comes to replace my A320, my choice will be down to the GCW0 and the DT-A330 (I don't mind the PSP casing - it seems at least a bit more confortable for my big hands, which is about the only complaint I have against the A320, beside the aging hardware).

Post a new topic