Author Topic: Bricked my Dingoo  (Read 4940 times)

harmcore (OP)

Bricked my Dingoo
« on: June 06, 2013, 05:21:30 pm »
Hello,

Today I decided to flash a new firmware on my Dingoo,
using the down arrow method.

Before doing so, I cleared all files on the Dingoo, and added the system folder and my modified a320.hfx file.

But now my Dingoo is stuck on the bootlogo :(

I believe I shouldn't have deleted the GAME folder containing all the emulators :(

Since I can't add the GAME folder anymore, I'm trying to flash the official firmware through the flashutil.exe program, but the Dingoo's display remains blank.
Even after 10 minutes, no difference.

I can however still boot into Dingux using select. Is the dual boot bootloader preventing flashutil from flashing maybe?

fosamax

Re: Bricked my Dingoo
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2013, 05:28:05 pm »
I don't think dual boot could interfere with the flashing process.

If I remember well (I had similar trouble last time I tried to flash my dingoo), the down arrow method only work if the firmware is different from the one installed (it should be base on an other revision) so you should try with an other one (even if older) and then try to flash what you want.

harmcore (OP)

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 05:33:00 pm »
Well unfortunately I can't access the internal memory anymore. :(
The PC doesn't discover the Dingoo when connected (since it's stuck at booting).

Thanks for the quick reply.

harmcore (OP)

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2013, 05:51:57 pm »
My old Windows XP crashed and rebooted, and I decided to try a different USB port, without extension cable.
Now I don't know if it was the reboot, the port, or the extension cable, but I can flash and see "Firmware Upgrade..." now.

(...)

It's done flashing!

I can't tell how relieved I am right now! :)