• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: Where does he get those wonderful toys??  (Read 140665 times)

bigdavebear

Re: Where does he get those wonderful toys??
« Reply #160 on: July 22, 2011, 04:16:42 pm »
I got another Dingoo off Ebay last week.

Mine is a white pawed one with 1.2 FW

The Neogeo plays fine, only problems i seen is some games the shadows of players flicker a bit and also Neodrift has at times like a clicking sound, will have to try game on my other older Dingoos.

cutterjohn

• !
« Reply #161 on: August 24, 2011, 07:54:52 pm »
Ordered one off DX, but used the DXUSA sku so I managed to get it in about 3 business days.

Appears to be an actual non-HK A320 has paw, made in china, no HK on serial #, ILI_9338 screen(works fine with new dual boot loader + dingus + sience 9338 kernel from thread)...

Box mentions Shenzhen and is identical to what I heard in a vid from one of the people here mentioning that the box looks exactly like the original with holo sticker and everything.

I ordered the black one, but presumably DX sources all of them from the same supplier and I'd read that they purged the HK versions, although they're selling the Dingoo A330EX(Gemei A330 non-"fashion" version), but no sign of the A380 as of last week...

I guess I'll find some Neo Geo ROM sometime and try it... I've just no interest in NG though...

Build quality is OK, but on mine it appears that they didn't quite clean the burrs off the earphone jack so I'll have to disassemble and fix...

v1.2 fw

i.e. AFAICT from all that I've read these are the original design, just a new batch with a new screen... unfortunately no compatible unbricker yet...

Meneer Jansen

« Reply #162 on: August 25, 2011, 12:33:20 pm »
Ordered one off DX, but used the DXUSA sku so I managed to get it in about 3 business days.

Appears to be an actual non-HK A320 has paw, made in china, no HK on serial #, ILI_9338 screen(works fine with new dual boot loader + dingus + sience 9338 kernel from thread)...
Thanks for the info. Won't order me a new one though. As far as I'm concerned: too many probs w/ that new screen.
Finally got me a new Dingoo after I Kentucky ~~::fried::~~ the other one. Yippee! [edit] And lost it!

cutterjohn

• !
« Reply #163 on: August 25, 2011, 02:02:10 pm »

Thanks for the info. Won't order me a new one though. As far as I'm concerned: too many probs w/ that new screen.
What?  You mean the guy that complained about "washed out" colors?  Mine doesn't seem to have that problem at least on max brightness, and I haven't tried that one ROM that he used as an example yet either but I probably won't as it'd be better for me to compare it against an actual GBA(IIRC) v. emulated on the A320...  (I'll update or add posts to my "So I went ahead..." thread in Dingoo(native) General forum... I just haven't had time to try out much yet, just did a little ps4all last night and that was about it...)

Meneer Jansen

« Reply #164 on: August 25, 2011, 08:18:38 pm »

What?  You mean the guy that complained about "washed out" colors? 
No I don't mean quality. I meand that the old Dingux kernel w/ al sorts of optimisations for TV out etc. does not run on the new screen. There is a new good Dingux for the "new" screen now, but if it's as good as the old one....

And more importantly: If your Dingoo becomes bricked during custom firmware update (if there even IS one) or during installing Dingux then the unbrick utilities won't work.

That's why.
Finally got me a new Dingoo after I Kentucky ~~::fried::~~ the other one. Yippee! [edit] And lost it!

cutterjohn

• !
« Reply #165 on: August 26, 2011, 02:16:14 pm »

What?  You mean the guy that complained about "washed out" colors? 
No I don't mean quality. I meand that the old Dingux kernel w/ al sorts of optimisations for TV out etc. does not run on the new screen. There is a new good Dingux for the "new" screen now, but if it's as good as the old one....

And more importantly: If your Dingoo becomes bricked during custom firmware update (if there even IS one) or during installing Dingux then the unbrick utilities won't work.

That's why.
Ah, I knew about the unbricking tool not working already, and don't really care about TV out as I doubt that I'll ever use it.

I didn't have much of a choice though, since I wanted something to try in the handheld console style hardware that was relatively cheap yet hackable while waiting to hear back from DDUSA before jumping into anything more expensive, e.g. caanoo or wait and see if something more capable(i.e. actually useful) is coming along which it sounds like there might just be unfortunately JZ4770 based rather than ARMv7.

[EDIT]
I'll try out the TV for you anyways I guess... just adding to my list of things top to test out, and all I did last night was run a few old GB games... the jury's still out on that as to whether it's better to run my actual GB or GBC and cart or play on the A320 as I dislike ALL of the various scaling options... but the 320 still has the advantage of being able to emulate multiple platforms...

Dingux:  I'm using sience's latest kernel from the 9338 thread, and it looked to me like they had gotten TV fixed, but it's on my "to try" list now...
[/EDIT]
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 03:56:12 pm by cutterjohn »

blastyrant

« Reply #166 on: August 31, 2011, 04:46:55 am »
i read recently that the new lcd screens were added to dingux and the unbricking tool. i thought i read that on booboo's blog, am i wrong?

http://www.dingux.com/2011/04/support-added-for-new-lcd-type-ili9338.html
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 04:52:28 am by blastyrant »

cutterjohn

• !
« Reply #167 on: August 31, 2011, 02:52:25 pm »
i read recently that the new lcd screens were added to dingux and the unbricking tool. i thought i read that on booboo's blog, am i wrong?

http://www.dingux.com/2011/04/support-added-for-new-lcd-type-ili9338.html
This is going WAY offtopic but the recent posts that I've read indicate that there's no working unbricker for the new screens, but I'll take another skim through when I get the chance.  I'm not even sure that we have a copy of the fw that's on the new ones or exactly how to tell which version as about just says v1.2 SEP 29(or was it 26?) 2009 so I'm hesitant to muck with native, i.e. brick it.

wastelandz

lemmywinks

« Reply #169 on: January 22, 2012, 11:13:40 am »
Probably been mentioned...
Got mine from here
http://www.ankaka.com/dingoo-a320-multi-platform-portable-gaming-entertainment-station-28-inch-qva-sceen-4gb_p253.html

Also where I got mine from. I was a little dubious at first but they were very fast and reliable. Cheapest UK price inc p&p I could find too.
Handhelds:
GPD Win, GPD XD 64gb, PlayGo, RS-90, 3DS XL, DSi XL, GBA SP, GBBC Clone, Gameboy Pocket c/w screen mod, PSP Go
PC:
ASUS TUF, Medion Erazer, Toshiba Z20t, Dell Mini 9, Psion 5MX, Toshiba 3480ct
Tons of other old laptops and tablets.....

eltehero

« Reply #170 on: January 24, 2012, 06:28:49 pm »
Probably been mentioned...
Got mine from here
http://www.ankaka.com/dingoo-a320-multi-platform-portable-gaming-entertainment-station-28-inch-qva-sceen-4gb_p253.html

Also where I got mine from. I was a little dubious at first but they were very fast and reliable. Cheapest UK price inc p&p I could find too.

Do they still stock Dingoos with the older ILI9325 and ILI9331 lcd's?

lemmywinks

« Reply #171 on: January 24, 2012, 07:51:40 pm »
Haven't a clue, I'd guess not but they might have old stock. Best bet would be to message them and ask them, I think they have live help staff on the site (or at least they say they have).
Handhelds:
GPD Win, GPD XD 64gb, PlayGo, RS-90, 3DS XL, DSi XL, GBA SP, GBBC Clone, Gameboy Pocket c/w screen mod, PSP Go
PC:
ASUS TUF, Medion Erazer, Toshiba Z20t, Dell Mini 9, Psion 5MX, Toshiba 3480ct
Tons of other old laptops and tablets.....

schanall

« Reply #172 on: July 02, 2014, 03:22:22 pm »
Hi

I'm looking for a Dingoo or at least a device with the same size. Non of the links I have tried worked for me. Can somone provide me a link? (I'm from Europe, so European-Shops are appreciated, but I wouldn't mind to buy somwhere else)

And, where are all the Non-Andoid handhelds gone? I find a lot off Android-Devices but I'm not a big fan of them.

Thank you so much  :)