• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: Warning to all buyers from Dingoo-digital-USA  (Read 9804 times)

animalsciences (OP)

Warning to all buyers from Dingoo-digital-USA
« on: September 11, 2012, 04:03:58 am »
 Ok guys here's the run down and an update. I purchased a Dingoo a380 from these guys around April. Justin from Dingoo digital USA wrote on his site that he had family trouble and would send the units by a certain date. Well that date came and went then a new date of may 15 2012 was posted. That date also passed and after multiple attempts to contact Justin he finally responded, telling me that the units would be shipping soon. Well after another 2 weeks of waiting I received an email from Justin stating that due to a problem with his distro he would not be sending the units. He offered refunds to anyone who requested one in a timely matter. I responded the same day 6/3 and have yet to get another response or refund. I have been contacting them thru email and calling the number listed on their site. I have also called the number that I last spoke to Justin on and have yet to hear back from anyone. I have used them before and had no issue but I would recommend you guys go elsewhere and do not buy from Dingoo digital USA. I also have tried to get a refund thru PayPal and because of the time elapsed PayPal can do nothing to get me a refund

Frank_fjs

• My simple Dingoo web site
Re: Warning to all buyers from Dingoo-digital-USA
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 05:46:30 am »
Familiar story, the amount of times I've heard the excuse of family troubles, personal problems, health problems over the last 2 years is amazing - this is one very unlucky person.

I don't think anyone will heed your warning though, they all want a GCW. :D

Alien Grey

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 07:11:45 am »
If you want to buy a Dingoo A-380 have a look on e-Bay. You cna buy it for the lowest price and free shipping from China.

The GCW Zero can only be pre-ordered from Justin and no free shipping.
Dingoo A-380 CFW V2.11.09 "RetroDD" - 2 x SanDisk SDHC 32GB Class 10 MicroSD Inside - 2 x Dingoo F-16 Wireless Game Controller

trickyhero

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 11:55:51 am »
There better not be issues with MY GCW Zero! ???

Dexidus

Warning to all buyers from Dingoo-digital-USA
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2012, 01:17:58 pm »
Ya, I can imagine everyone is more concerned with gcw zero at the moment - as long as mine arrives a-o-k then all is good :)

Since you'll be getting a refund, you should use it to buy a zero! Problem solved!

lemmywinks

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2012, 05:16:43 pm »
Ya, I can imagine everyone is more concerned with gcw zero at the moment - as long as mine arrives a-o-k then all is good :)

Since you'll be getting a refund, you should use it to buy a zero! Problem solved!

So the solution to not receiving a product the OP ordered or a refund from a seller with history of this sort of thing (including not answering calls and making excuses) is to place an up front order for a more expensive item which isn't even built yet from the exact same seller that is messing him about in the first place?

Handhelds:
GPD Win, GPD XD 64gb, PlayGo, RS-90, 3DS XL, DSi XL, GBA SP, GBBC Clone, Gameboy Pocket c/w screen mod, PSP Go
PC:
Medion Erazer, Toshiba Z20t, Dell Mini 9, Psion 5MX
Tons of other old laptops and tablets.....

Trevor Belomont

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2012, 08:39:27 pm »
Yeah, tell me about it...

I think we should send somebody down to Dingoo Didital USA and either get everybody's money or get lots of free shit.

Who's down?

I'm down...

retrogamer

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2012, 10:37:27 pm »
I had the same problem about a year ago. I ordered a Dingoo a380, heard about all the health problems and had a couple of emails saying it would be shipping soon. After 3 months of this I got fed up and since it was passed 45 days paypal would not do anything, so I contacted my credit card company and luckily was able to get a refund through them. I had ordered a dingoo a320 from him previously with no problem at all, so not sure what happened. With the amount of places you can order these systems now, I would never order from him again.

Once I heard he was involved with the GCW I decided to get out. I will wait until people receive theirs and see some reviews before I consider purchasing it.

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2012, 10:54:15 pm »
He did you a favor.  ;)

You don't want a shitty A380.

Ask him to put your money toward the GCW. :P

Trevor Belomont

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2012, 02:19:17 am »
Thing is though, if this place is shysting people their money and products, nobody's getting shit from them.

Everybody's got problems, this sounds like a shysty scam.
I've run across these before.
They're either making these excuses to delay because they can't get the product themselves or they're just playing everyone like a bunch of fools and waitin' until people get smart and quit giving them money.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 02:22:52 am by Turkish »

qbertaddict

• * Former Staff
  • The Doctor
    • about.me
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2012, 02:57:54 am »
I contacted DDU for you and sent you a pm telling you how to get a refund.

Orion4874

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2012, 07:07:05 am »
Justin's not out to scam anyone guys. I made multiple purchases from his old store without a single problem. It just seems he had some personal issues and things went bad. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt since he always did right by me.

As far as the Zero goes, it's obviously not a scam as a bunch of people from this community already have prototypes. That would be a pretty elaborate hoax to have protos made, send them to devs, have them work on getting the OS and multiple other things working and then take all the money and run. I'm pretty sure he could have just cut out the whole manufacturing of working units thing and just posted fake pictures and specs or something and still got a lot of preorders from people. That and he has also refunded some people already so I think anyone who ordered with him are fine.  Delays unfortunately do happen and should be expected when it's only one or two people handling everything, take the Pandora for example.

I am sorry if you had a bad experience with DDU but at least it seems he's trying to straighten out any old business.

lemmywinks

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2012, 09:13:22 am »
I will wait until people receive theirs and see some reviews before I consider purchasing it.

This is also my stance.
Handhelds:
GPD Win, GPD XD 64gb, PlayGo, RS-90, 3DS XL, DSi XL, GBA SP, GBBC Clone, Gameboy Pocket c/w screen mod, PSP Go
PC:
Medion Erazer, Toshiba Z20t, Dell Mini 9, Psion 5MX
Tons of other old laptops and tablets.....

animalsciences (OP)

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2012, 03:29:58 am »
I contacted DDU for you and sent you a pm telling you how to get a refund.

Thanks man

animalsciences (OP)

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2014, 09:30:35 pm »
Ok so this was resolved about a year ago. I did receive a refund and everything is done. While I was upset about the time it took to finally get the refund, I did receive it and this is no longer an issue. I was contacted by some one from GCW today via this forum and requested that I please clear up the subject. Someone has been trying to say that they were scammed using this post as evidence. I still cannot recommend purchasing from them, but the issue I had was resolved.

Post a new topic