• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: The different type of Dingoos - Trying to clear up the confusion!  (Read 111783 times)

eule

• * Former Staff
Re: PAWED and UNPAWED Dingoos - Trying to clear up the confusion!
« Reply #80 on: January 25, 2010, 11:30:09 am »
Interesting battery life, didn?t think OC would make such a difference. Btw, what does snes9x say about the battery when fully charged? Mine (non-HK) is ~4073. And Neko Project 2 says 4.05 V.  :)

Solstice

« Reply #81 on: January 25, 2010, 12:05:32 pm »
Just over 4000 on snes9x from my memory, i dont know the exact number but i look next time its fully charged and let you know
Dingoo A320 stock 1.2 + Gmenu

PSP slim 2002 Gen 5.50 D3 Prom4

eule

• * Former Staff
« Reply #82 on: January 25, 2010, 12:23:03 pm »
OK thanks, maybe they changed the battery to a full sized one again? Actually i don?t even know if the voltage of the battery says much about it?s capacity...  Does it? ;D

santino

« Reply #83 on: January 25, 2010, 12:56:25 pm »
No the voltage doesnt matter. The big batteries got 1800mah the small ones 1700. And there was one crappy dingoo version with an lithiumion battery with about 1100.

Meneer Jansen

« Reply #84 on: January 25, 2010, 02:57:29 pm »
OK thanks, maybe they changed the battery to a full sized one again? Actually i don?t even know if the voltage of the battery says much about it?s capacity...  Does it? ;D
[very, veeeeery off topic and nerdy!] You're right. I'm not an electrician, but I do remember some electricity lessons from high school. If the max voltage of the battery is 4 Volt, that means that when the battery is fully charged when it delivers 4 V. As time progresses the voltage of a battery decreases. The capacity of a battery is measured in mAh (mili Ampere hours = amount of charge expressed in Coulomb). The power is:
P = V*I [Watt]  
I.e, Power = Voltage times Amperage at any given time, expressed in Watt. The work done [i.e. energy delivered in Joule] by the battery after an amount of time t is:
W = P*t [Joule]
So measuring the energy that a battery can deliver, I think, means measuring for a few seconds the current (in mA) and the voltage (in V). Multiplying those two produces the power P (in Watt) of the battery at that point in time. I think that may be number displayed in the "hidden" settings screen of the Dingoo. My Dingoo says "260000" when its fully charged. Now lets do some physics. Let's assume the unit of the "260000" is micro Watt (i.e. 10^-6 W = 260 mW = 0.26 W):
I = P/V = 0.26 W / 4 V = 65 mA (seems realistic)

So for snes9x. The number "4000" that it displays is the voltage I think. I read here that the Dingoo battery delivers 3.7 V and 1700 mAh. Given that:
I = Coulomb per second = C/t => t = C/I = 1700 mAh / 65 mA = 1700/65 hours = about one day.
But given the fact that the voltage decreases in time, there will come a point in time that the Dingoo won't work anymore even though the battery can deliver some charge. I believe that's after 8 hours of work.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 04:15:21 pm by Meneer Jansen »
Finally got me a new Dingoo after I Kentucky ~~::fried::~~ the other one. Yippee! [edit] And lost it!

eule

• * Former Staff
« Reply #85 on: January 25, 2010, 03:24:56 pm »
Oh wow, didn?t expect such a post! + Karma  :) Refreshed my long forgotten school knowledge...
Did someone notice that Dingux works longer than the Native OS? I.e. Native switches off with "Warning - Low Power", but i still can play in Dingux ~ a half hour. Then it gets weird and switches off.  ;D Could that harm the battery or something else (didn?t so far)?
I?ll keep the voltage in mind, when the Dingoo is empty again.  :)

Oh, and to stay ontopic, anyone fried his HK with the wall socket? I.e. that the Dingoo no more works? Could be very dangerous, don?t want to hear of a burning house because the Dingoo was from inferior quality.

Meneer Jansen

« Reply #86 on: January 25, 2010, 04:30:48 pm »
Serialnumber 4 GA320WH9601625HK
I just flashed them both with the v1.20-pof firmware everything works as intended
I guess you flashed your Dingoo without use of the 'Flashing Tool'. That is, I think you placed an hxf file on the root of our Dingoo and rebooted w/ the D-pad down pressed. That, indeed, may not have to result in a bricked 'unauthorized' Dingoo.

I dont have a memory card yet so no linux for a few days
BEWARE! BEWARE!! To install Linux for Dingoo (Dingux) you need to flash the nand chip on the Dingoo to get it to support dual booting of Dingux or the native OS. I think this may result in a bricked Dingoo that is unbrickable. Can anyone confirm this?!! Please check this (via this forum) before risking an unbrickable Dingoo.

Don't know if this helps.
You bet it does. Thank you. :)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 04:48:29 pm by Meneer Jansen »
Finally got me a new Dingoo after I Kentucky ~~::fried::~~ the other one. Yippee! [edit] And lost it!

Meneer Jansen

« Reply #87 on: January 25, 2010, 04:38:26 pm »
1. I'm still a bit puzzled by the different models: is it true that there are models without a serial number?
2. Is it so that all HK models cannot be flashed w/ the flash tool AND that they absolutely cannot be unbricked?
3. Is there still custom made software (GB emulator?) that does not work w/ the later Dingoo's that have one mem. chip instead of two (both have 4 GB though)? This is the so-called 'malloc' problem.

Hope some of you can clarify this.

Solstice

« Reply #88 on: January 25, 2010, 05:54:51 pm »
Was just reading thru the "Unauthorized red screen after flashing" thread

It seems if you have an HK model you would be best not trying to flash custom firmware,as alot of people are bricking them,altho a few have been successful ,i wouldnt recommend the risk of completely breaking your native firmware just for some diff background pics/menu

mrTentacle

« Reply #89 on: January 25, 2010, 06:04:39 pm »
Meneer Jansen&Margot:
 Yes I used the built in firmware flasher

Meneer Jansen:
 Just downloaded the GBc emulator and it seems to run ok, dont have to many roms to try it with and i dont know what games are  supposed to work, feedback on that would be good.

I also downloaded SameGoo and HexaVirus and those works just fine

So i guess Im lucky to get a hk/paw that plays homebrew

ps. bbl with photos of the inside. ds.

Meneer Jansen

« Reply #90 on: January 25, 2010, 06:26:53 pm »
Can somebody confirm that the HK models their firmware can be upgraded by placing a .hxf  file in the root of the Dingoo and booting w/ 'Down' on the D-pad pressed?

mrTentacle

« Reply #91 on: January 25, 2010, 07:23:16 pm »
Can somebody confirm that the HK models their firmware can be upgraded by placing a .hxf  file in the root of the Dingoo and booting w/ 'Down' on the D-pad pressed?

Yes I updated to the modded firmware using this method
paw print, Serial: 4G A320WH96012626HK

Meneer Jansen

« Reply #92 on: January 25, 2010, 07:36:44 pm »
Thanks Mr. Tentacle! :) I'd also like to know if somebody with a HK model succeeded in "flashing" it to dual boot Dingux.

Solstice

« Reply #93 on: January 26, 2010, 04:24:13 am »
Thanks Mr. Tentacle! :) I'd also like to know if somebody with a HK model succeeded in "flashing" it to dual boot Dingux.
Yep dingux flashed and runs fine on my HK ,but be wary of trying to flash custom firmware for the original dingoo OS!!!! people(like Mr T) are saying booting w/ 'Down' on the D-pad pressed will work, but other installers have been known to brick it , i wont try myself
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 04:27:04 am by Solstice »

Meneer Jansen

« Reply #94 on: January 26, 2010, 12:30:16 pm »
Thank you Solstice. So some people w/ HK models can update firmware (w/ a hxf file) and some can install Dingux. Hmmm. I wonder if the only real problem w/ the HK models is the Flash Tool, i.e. the piece of software that updates Dingoo's firmware from your Windows computer.... Can somebody confirm this?

mrTentacle

« Reply #95 on: January 26, 2010, 12:47:19 pm »
Just noticed something strange about my dingoo..
When the screen fills with say black, it fills from corner to corner not left/right up/down but from bottomleft to topright.
Its particularity noticeable in games where the screen flashes, usually white

It isn't annoying or anything I'm just thinking that this could be another indicator for the new HK models

eule

• * Former Staff
« Reply #96 on: January 26, 2010, 01:17:08 pm »
It isn't annoying or anything I'm just thinking that this could be another indicator for the new HK models
Well, i got the same tearing, notice it only when watching flashing demos though.  Non-HK btw :D

kswildside

« Reply #97 on: January 28, 2010, 03:09:44 pm »
New wrinkle in the ointment just informed directly by Dingoo-Digital China last night what ever vendor was requesting no PAW Print on the back of the Dingoo A320 has changed there mind and wants the PAW print on them now so all Dingoo-Digital A320's soon will have the PAW print back... I will let you know as soon as I know how to identify Export and China only A320's

TheCaffeinator

« Reply #98 on: January 29, 2010, 01:11:57 am »
I have a 4GB black no-paw Dingoo, serial number A320BK9603486. It's running OS 1.2, and, while the pre-installed emulators work beautifully, I can't get any of the third party native OS emulators to run.

Another thing I just noticed tonight is that the GBA emulator no longer plays the Jungletac ROMS (with the JGC extension); they just freeze at the "Loading" screen.

The question I have now is what changes cause these things to occur? Is it the firmware change? A change in the emulator (re the Jungletac games)? A hardware change? What?   
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 02:41:17 pm by TheCaffeinator »

kswildside

« Reply #99 on: January 29, 2010, 04:05:01 pm »
Questions:
1. Did you rename the JGC files?
2. Are The JGC files in the GBA Folder under the GAMES folder?\

If either one of these were done they won't work they have to remain there original file name and in the GBA folder.