Author Topic: The different type of Dingoos - Trying to clear up the confusion!  (Read 126501 times)

ColgateCat

Re: PAWED and UNPAWED Dingoos - Trying to clear up the confusion!
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2010, 03:24:02 pm »
I can see a pattern!  ;D Probably a good idea to list the serials of different hardware revisions.
edit: Oh wait, A320BK is probably black, A320WH white.  :D Now i wonder if it´s the same with the unpawed ones.

... pratically there are eight different serials

4G A320BK96007568HK

4G---------internal memory (2G)
A320------console model
BK---------color (WH)
96007568-n° of the console produced
HK---------Stand of course for Hong Kong

The pawed (know as the 1st model produced) have the serial printed in the case, and the first two versions doesnt have any HK letters at the end of the serial like the two new produced (the cheap ones)
So, it looks like that the 1st Dingoos are the best ones, they dont show any problem at all, same the 2nd version too (the unpawed export version), but the new owners with the HK models are encoutering problems about freezing homebrew and native emulators, but i read some posts about emulators that perfectly works with the new ones.

If something is wrong let me know cos' i will edit the post
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 09:52:05 pm by ColgateCat »

Shred

« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2010, 03:34:50 pm »
Unpawed Dingoo's don't have any serial printed on the case.

BaDToaD

« Reply #62 on: January 16, 2010, 01:05:44 pm »
Just like to add my Pawed HK serial Dingoo will not run anything other than the standard inbuilt games and emulators.

Scene created native stuff does not work.

JulesRussel

« Reply #63 on: January 16, 2010, 04:58:36 pm »
Hi, I'm new I bought a dingoo at DealExtreme on the 9th of December and it was shipped last week (on the 9th of January) by EMS and today it arrived to me.

Well I just want to say that it's a pawed unit without serial number, it had no problem with gnuboy (right now only native app I tried) and no problems installing dingux, it has firmware 1.2 installed and the d-pad does diagonal movements right.

So for the people that it's doubting of buying a Dingoo from DealExtreme i just wanted to say that they are selling export versions, and maybe this is the reason they take so much time to get and sent new Dingoos.

ColgateCat

« Reply #64 on: January 17, 2010, 01:59:39 pm »
Hi, I'm new I bought a dingoo at DealExtreme on the 9th of December and it was shipped last week (on the 9th of January) by EMS and today it arrived to me.

Well I just want to say that it's a pawed unit without serial number, it had no problem with gnuboy (right now only native app I tried) and no problems installing dingux, it has firmware 1.2 installed and the d-pad does diagonal movements right.

So for the people that it's doubting of buying a Dingoo from DealExtreme i just wanted to say that they are selling export versions, and maybe this is the reason they take so much time to get and sent new Dingoos.

hmmm, this seems new to me, a pawed version without serial? I knew that only the unpawed version do not have the serial printed in the case. hah thats wierd, and yeah, it takes much time because they are out of stock, but better wait to get a good one, instead of a cheap one

NinJato

« Reply #65 on: January 19, 2010, 07:44:25 pm »
Unpawed Dingoo's don't have any serial printed on the case.

Not true... I just got my 6th Dingoo (this time from ThinkGeek), and it is unpawed WITH serial beside the USB port (not "HK").

Edit:
This Dingoo runs everything.
Only problem I found is that if you rename the JungleTac (JGC) ROMs or move them to another folder, they will not work.
It also took 3 tries to get the DualBoot Installer to take, but works fine.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 12:09:41 am by NinJato »

dingoo-co-uk

« Reply #66 on: January 19, 2010, 09:47:35 pm »
I have had quite a few enquires recently regarding the type of Dingoos we sell at www.dingoo.co.uk.
To confirm, both black and white Dingoos are unpawned and do not contain the "HK" characters within the serial number printed on the Dingoo.

Thanks Andy
www.dingoo.co.uk

desmodus

« Reply #67 on: January 20, 2010, 02:04:02 am »
Hi everyone, I'm new around here, although I've been watching closely everything about the Dingoo.
But anyway, I've just received my Dingoo from Dealextreme and it's a Pawed unit with the serial number as: 4G A320BKxxxxxxx (No HK at the end)
In the back, there's something like this:
(PAW)
(Chinese letters)
DINGOO DIGITAL

A-320
MADE IN CHINA
The unit is perfect, i dont see any defects in it. it came withthe 1.2 firmware preloaded and set in English.
I haven't tried GNUBoyor anything hombrew by now, but i will post when i have some time
Well, that would be everything.

BTW I ordered it december 24th and it arrived today

EvilDragon

• DragonBox Shop
« Reply #68 on: January 21, 2010, 02:42:32 am »
Hi,

I copied the old 3D Games and emulators from my old pawed Dingoo onto the new HK one.
Unfortunately, all those games freezes and the emulators don't work...

The stupid thing is that I didn't backup the new HK versions of those stuff.

So please... could someone who got a new HK one a backup of the 3D games and emulators and update them (as archive) somewhere?
Maybe also the A320.hxf, in case the firmware also did change... many thanks!

Please send me a PM or an eMail :)
I'm evil.

Meneer Jansen

« Reply #69 on: January 21, 2010, 04:47:56 pm »
I'm getting sort of confused here.... (am I the only one?) So far I know that thare are quite a few models on the market.

• Model I
    The first Dingoo's on the market have a paw print on the back and have a serial number that starts with:
           4G <space> A320KBKxxxx
    for a black (BK) model and with the letters "WT" in it for a white model. They have  4GB of internal memory, hance the "4G" in the serial. The serial on these models do not end in "HK" (for Hong Kong, even though they are produced in Hong Kong). Some report that these could still be ordered at Dealextreme in December 2009 and they were delivered in January 2010.
    These models are: good!
  • Model II
    Then there were the models without the paw print on the back. They have no serial on them? They have a slightly updated circuit board design: the two internal memory chips (amounting to 4 GB) were replaced by a single one of 4 GB. This resulted in the infamous memory allocation (malloc) errors -reported in these forums- that occured in certain homebrew applications (gameboy emulator for the native OS?). These malloc problems were solved eventually by upgraded of the homebrew applications.
    These models are known to be: bad? good?
  • Model III
    Then there were the models with a serial number that ends in "HK". They have a paw print on the back. They are cheap ones intended for the Asian/Chinese market. They are known to be sold by some sellers on eBay. Don't buy them. They have 4 GB of internal memory.
    They are: bad? good?
  • Model IV
    They have a serial number that ends in "HK" and a paw print on the back?  Amount of internal memory: 2 GB?? They do not have a paw print on the back? They are cheap ones intended for the Asian/Chinese market. They are known to be sold by some sellers on eBay. Don't buy them.
    They are: bad? good?

Could y'all help me out on the question marks? And do I have the models listed in the right chronological order?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 04:17:27 pm by Meneer Jansen »
Finally got me a new Dingoo after I Kentucky ~~::fried::~~ the other one. Yippee! [edit] And lost it!

ColgateCat

« Reply #70 on: January 21, 2010, 08:11:32 pm »
i think that both model III and IV have the paw on the back and end with HK in the serial, actually the problem is just about the programms made for the native Os, since its a different one from the first 2 models, but there is no problem if u install Dingux

Meneer Jansen

« Reply #71 on: January 23, 2010, 04:15:12 pm »
i think that both model III and IV have the paw on the back and end with HK in the serial, actually the problem is just about the programms made for the native Os, since its a different one from the first 2 models, but there is no problem if u install Dingux
Thanks for the clarification. But isn't the problem w/ certain newer models that Dingux is a bit hard to install because of the risk of a so called "Unauthorized" screen?
Finally got me a new Dingoo after I Kentucky ~~::fried::~~ the other one. Yippee! [edit] And lost it!

JulesRussel

« Reply #72 on: January 23, 2010, 04:32:12 pm »
Nope, the unauthorized screen only appears if you try to install a custom firmware with the flashing tool (you can install it with the upgrade function of the dingoo)
If you try to install dualboot you will have no problems.
PD:Another thing to take in count is you can't unbrick a HK dingoo since you will need the flashing tool

ColgateCat

« Reply #73 on: January 24, 2010, 12:20:05 am »
Nope, the unauthorized screen only appears if you try to install a custom firmware with the flashing tool (you can install it with the upgrade function of the dingoo)
If you try to install dualboot you will have no problems.
PD:Another thing to take in count is you can't unbrick a HK dingoo since you will need the flashing tool
i heard that theres an unbricking tool for the Hk models, somewhere in the forum

mrTentacle

« Reply #74 on: January 24, 2010, 02:16:30 pm »
Hi all, i just received my dingoo two days ago, well actually two of them, one for me and one for my sister.
Anyways back to topic

Serialnumber 4 GA320WH9601625HK

Backside have the paw and all the rest
front is completely covered with protection plastic

I just flashed them both with the v1.20-pof firmware everything works as intended
I dont have a memory card yet so no linux for a few days

Dont know if this helps.

Edit.
I guess that it makes it a Model III
could anyone tell if i will have problems with dingux?
Edit.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 03:34:21 pm by mrTentacle »

ColgateCat

« Reply #75 on: January 24, 2010, 09:04:52 pm »
Hi all, i just received my dingoo two days ago, well actually two of them, one for me and one for my sister.
Anyways back to topic

Serialnumber 4 GA320WH9601625HK

Backside have the paw and all the rest
front is completely covered with protection plastic

I just flashed them both with the v1.20-pof firmware everything works as intended
I dont have a memory card yet so no linux for a few days

Dont know if this helps.

Edit.
I guess that it makes it a Model III
could anyone tell if i will have problems with dingux?
Edit.

ur not going to have any problem, im a bit surprised that u didnt get any unauthorized screen when u flashed it

mrTentacle

« Reply #76 on: January 24, 2010, 09:22:06 pm »
Well I'm happy it didn't happened  :)

There would seem to be quite a few models out there, to clarify and because I'm curious i think i will open it tomorrow.
The things to look for is separate memory hips and battery size, yes?

Margot

« Reply #77 on: January 25, 2010, 05:57:12 am »
Well I'm happy it didn't happened  :)

There would seem to be quite a few models out there, to clarify and because I'm curious i think i will open it tomorrow.
The things to look for is separate memory hips and battery size, yes?
So did you use internal flasher (holding D-pad down while booting Dingoo) or did you use a program on your computer to flash?

I do not know if it have been investigated (probably have), but why if the UNAUTHORIZED problem always is the result of using the external flashing program prom the PC, while the internal Dingoo flashing is relatively "risk free" with all Dingoos?
"Pawed" Dingoo A320 - 4GB A320BK*******
My Dingux Emulator Icons

BaDToaD

« Reply #78 on: January 25, 2010, 10:25:13 am »
Just for info the v1.20-pof firmware did not fix the issues I was having on my Black Pawed HK Dingoo with regard to running non original native stuff. e.g Scene native apps games and emulators did not work at all!

I flashed via copying the update file to the root of the dingoo not via a flash utility. I flashed back to the standard 1.20 firmware when I realised the scene stuff was still not working.

I haven't tried Dingux yet but have heard it runs fine on HK Dingoos.

Solstice

« Reply #79 on: January 25, 2010, 11:00:52 am »
I have 4gb HK model sep 09 It has Paw etched on the back,and everything works fine,Havnt put custom FW on it(dont really want to)came with 1.2 preloaded,Dingux runs great 

Only thing is the homebrew gameboy/color emu when trying to load another rom will crash,like others have been saying

Also i get about 8 hours life out of battery ,or about 3 when OC just like ive been reading the older one do,so i dont think the battery is any diff??

Dingoo A320 stock 1.2 + Gmenu

PSP slim 2002 Gen 5.50 D3 Prom4

Post a new topic
Post a new topic