Author Topic: The different type of Dingoos - Trying to clear up the confusion!  (Read 132993 times)

Shred

Re: PAWED and UNPAWED Dingoos - Trying to clear up the confusion!
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2010, 04:01:12 pm »
Where do you find the serial #. I read that it is near the USB port. Mine has nothing near the USB port. Is it on the inside of the case?

Serial number looks like this on the Chinese HK Dingoos.

Unpawed Export Dingoos don't have a serial printed there.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 04:04:45 pm by Shred »

ColgateCat

« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2010, 04:49:50 pm »
Where do you find the serial #. I read that it is near the USB port. Mine has nothing near the USB port. Is it on the inside of the case?

Serial number looks like this on the Chinese HK Dingoos.

Unpawed Export Dingoos don't have a serial printed there.

So i should ask if the Dingoo is the Export unpawed version? Because i was gonna buy it on ebay since the prices are lower, it comes with the silicon skin and the official bag. You think that the sllker knows about these things? He is actually selling 5 Dingoos and tons of Lingerie =D
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 04:52:44 pm by ColgateCat »

Shred

« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2010, 05:15:45 pm »
So i should ask if the Dingoo is the Export unpawed version? Because i was gonna buy it on ebay since the prices are lower, it comes with the silicon skin and the official bag. You think that the sllker knows about these things? He is actually selling 5 Dingoos and tons of Lingerie =D

You run the risk of getting a crappy Chinese Dingoo when you buy from Ebay. Chinese Dingoo's are cheaper, why do you think the Ebay prices are lower?
It's not worth it just to save a few bucks, and no the seller probably doesn't know about these things, it seems like a lot of resellers don't.

At the end of the day, you usually get what you pay for...

ColgateCat

« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2010, 05:26:40 pm »

You run the risk of getting a crappy Chinese Dingoo when you buy from Ebay. Chinese Dingoo's are cheaper, why do you think the Ebay prices are lower?
It's not worth it just to save a few bucks, and no the seller probably doesn't know about these things, it seems like a lot of resellers don't.

At the end of the day, you usually get what you pay for...
[/quote]

So maybe i should buy it directly from Deal Extreme? And, in this case, am i sure that they are gonna send me the right one? (i mean the export unpawed version)

modis

« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2010, 05:31:44 pm »
So those older 4gb pawed dingoos are still worth their original sale price, and perhaps a little more?

Not that I intend on selling mine anytime soon, but that's good to know.

Also, sorry if this has been answered, but these chinese dingoos that everyone is avoiding are for the chinese market? Interesting.

santino

« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2010, 05:44:02 pm »
Ive bought mine from ebay, too. And its a pawed one with big accu 1800mah. Just ask for the serial and dont buy a HK.

ColgateCat

« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2010, 06:07:29 pm »
Ive bought mine from ebay, too. And its a pawed one with big accu 1800mah. Just ask for the serial and dont buy a HK.
the serial should start with Lcd isnt it?

Meneer Jansen

« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2010, 06:20:00 pm »
So maybe i should buy it directly from Deal Extreme? And, in this case, am i sure that they are gonna send me the right one? (i mean the export unpawed version)
I most certainly hope that the DS ones are still the "good ones". Its very easy to order there and they have very low shipping costs (to The Netherlands).
Finally got me a new Dingoo after I Kentucky ~~::fried::~~ the other one. Yippee! [edit] And lost it!

Lord Rocket

« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2010, 11:58:09 pm »
Hi guys,

Just received my Dingoo in the mail today. It's a black HK model, serial number 4G A320BK96007568HK.

I've tested a few native apps. Here's the results. - . I've only checked that they run, though.

Work as expected:
SMSGOO 3.3 (tested rom: Alex Kidd in Miracle World NTSC)
XRickOO
Hexavirus

Not so good:
Commander Koon - starts to load demo but reports an error after a short wait.
Manic Miner v11 - freezes after quitting using the X button twice.
GNUBoy - refuses to load a second ROM but that seems to be an issue with unpawed export models too. So I guess you could say that this 'works as expected' really.
LynGOO 1.2 - Freezes if correct BIOS image not found. Dumped me out of Blue Lightning (the ROM I tested it with) after a little while; not sure why. Perhaps I pressed the X button too often? EDIT: It didn't freeze after it dumped me though. Emulator issue perhaps?

Hopefully this post will be of use to somebody. I'll try and update it as I test new software.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 12:06:12 am by Lord Rocket »

ORiley

« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2010, 01:48:43 am »
I bought mine from thinkgeek. It does not have a serial #, so does this mean it's a cheap one? Had it a week or so now and no problems that I can see. Anything I need to look for?

Puumpkin_Masher

« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2010, 02:59:31 am »
I had no problems at all with my HK model until trying to run homebrew and apps in the native firmware.  Also is there, or will there be, an unbricker tool for HK models?  I know unbricker tools dont work on HK models... but if they are selling them, shouldnt they make one for them?

umpalumpa1985

« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2010, 05:08:42 am »
@Oriley:  I also bought mine from thinkgeek, and every single app (homebrew or for dingux) has worked as expected.  Had it since christmas.

ColgateCat

« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2010, 12:34:42 pm »
Haha read what the Ebay Seller told me

"SN:xxxxHK ,but we can't ship italy.thanks"

Always remember to ask 1st if ur gonna buy a Dingoo on Ebay

santino

« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2010, 05:07:23 pm »

My serial starts with 4G A320BK... Good ebayer I think. :D

ColgateCat

« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2010, 07:47:01 pm »

My serial starts with 4G A320BK... Good ebayer I think. :D

he just wrote to me this

"sure we will send you the black color if you want. the code near usb port have serial number like: 4G A320BKxxxxxxx or 4G A320WHxxxxxxx
but not xxxxxxHK code

thank you"

do u think that its the good one? because im gonna buy it as soon as u quote back ^^

ur Dingoo is the 1st version? Export-only Pawed?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 07:50:20 pm by ColgateCat »

santino

« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2010, 11:16:30 am »
Mine is a black pawed one. And everything works on it. So just buy the thing. ;)

eule

« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2010, 11:38:08 am »
Mine is a black pawed from may, and the serial starts with A320BK too. ;)

Nickeng

« Reply #57 on: January 12, 2010, 12:32:25 pm »
Mine is White, Pawed form June and DealExtreme..

Meneer Jansen

« Reply #58 on: January 12, 2010, 02:12:07 pm »
Mine is a pawed version from DealExtreme that works w/ everything that is reported not to work w/ the HK ones. Serial: A320BK******* (no HK letters at the end of the serial No.). Hope this helps. :)
Finally got me a new Dingoo after I Kentucky ~~::fried::~~ the other one. Yippee! [edit] And lost it!

eule

« Reply #59 on: January 12, 2010, 02:37:21 pm »
I can see a pattern!  ;D Probably a good idea to list the serials of different hardware revisions.
edit: Oh wait, A320BK is probably black, A320WH white.  :D Now i wonder if it?s the same with the unpawed ones.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 02:39:43 pm by eule »

Post a new topic
Post a new topic