Author Topic: The different type of Dingoos - Trying to clear up the confusion!  (Read 129308 times)

Puumpkin_Masher

Re: PAWED and UNPAWED Dingoos - Trying to clear up the confusion!
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2010, 05:50:34 am »
I could install Dingux just fine.  I have tried various reflashing programs to try to unbrick my Dingoo but have never had any work, yet I have always been able to reflash Dingux back on it and it works fine.

Any reflashing program I use always gives me the UNAUTHORIZED screen.  I still use my Dingoo every single day however, with Dingux.  I really miss some of the things I could do in the native firmware, but at least it's not a total loss.  I use the SNES emulator in Dingux often and it works really well.

Also the difference is when you reflash using a program on your PC. I used the method of updating the firmware where you copy the file to the root of the internal memory and then hold the down arrow when you restart and that always worked.  I changed the firmware a few times and they always worked, even did a custom one jsut fine, but always had the issue with homebrew games.  One day I was pointed to a thread that suggested an unbricking tool... and that's when I bricked it.

JackBauersh

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2010, 09:44:56 am »
I still cannot see the advantages of reflashing the dingoo native OS.. hope you can solve your problem mate :/

Anyway, have you tried SMS Plus or GNUboy on dingoo? and did dingux applications work? I think there's a dingux overclocking app over there and would be great if that works because the native app didn't.

Dammit, I need to buy a SD card ASAP, heh :)

Puumpkin_Masher

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2010, 10:31:20 am »
Everything for Dingux works with the HK models.

code0

« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2010, 06:48:47 pm »
Hi

I have a Dingoo A-320 4G LCD9331 Firmware 1.2 (black) and I have the same freezes with new apps and new native emulators, all factory installed apps and emulators works (I don't have installed Dingux).

These freezes my Dingoo system:
- MSGGOO
- LynGOO
- GNUBoy
- Gooplayer
- Stopwatch
- Yi-chi King Fighter

The problem it's about the memory management?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 07:20:29 pm by code0 »

Puumpkin_Masher

« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2010, 08:22:51 pm »
hi code0

See here: http://boards.dingoonity.org/dingoo-hardware-general/hi-everyone!-(and-hardware-pic)/

you most like have one of the HK models.

code0

« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2010, 11:58:05 pm »
hi code0

See here: http://boards.dingoonity.org/dingoo-hardware-general/hi-everyone!-(and-hardware-pic)/

you most like have one of the HK models.

Yes I have a PAWED HK model (the serial ends with HK).

Are there someone working to get a solution to fix these freezes?

« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 12:13:11 am by code0 »

Meneer Jansen

« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2010, 01:20:51 pm »
If I am not mistaken somebody recompiled some of the applications for the native firmware so that they work w/ the newer models (due to so called memory allocation (= malloc) problems). There is a topic about this on this forum...

By the way, is it so that the "unauthorized" problem is solved by replacing the firmware image file in the root of the Dingoo and rebooting w/ B pressed? And have you then the possibility to use the custom themes for the native OS?

P.S. I'm glad that the "new Dingoo" users can use Dingux too now. Because that way I can still recommend the Dingoo to my friends! :)
Finally got me a new Dingoo after I Kentucky ~~::fried::~~ the other one. Yippee! [edit] And lost it!

Shred

« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2010, 01:53:40 pm »
P.S. I'm glad that the "new Dingoo" users can use Dingux too now. Because that way I can still recommend the Dingoo to my friends! :)

As I understand it, its not quite as simple as "old" and "new" Dingoos anymore. (Pawed and Unpawed models)
I believe there are 4 different models of Dingoo now.

1) The original Export Pawed Dingoo. (no longer manufactured)
2) Unpawed Export Dingoo. (currently produced)
3) 2gb Chinese Pawed Dingoo (with 1000 mAh battery) - has problems running native homebrew.
4) 4gb Chinese Pawed Dingoo (Serial ends in HK) - has problems running native homebrew.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 01:56:02 pm by Shred »

Puumpkin_Masher

« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2010, 05:21:49 pm »
By the way, is it so that the "unauthorized" problem is solved by replacing the firmware image file in the root of the Dingoo and rebooting w/ B pressed? And have you then the possibility to use the custom themes for the native OS?

When you have the unauthorized error there is no access to the root, so the firmware image cannot be replaced.

Meneer Jansen

« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2010, 09:37:33 pm »
Pumpkin_Masher and Shred: thank you for your clarifications. Unfortunately this does not make me very happy. It seems the golden Dingoo days are already, sort of, over.  :'(
Finally got me a new Dingoo after I Kentucky ~~::fried::~~ the other one. Yippee! [edit] And lost it!

kswildside

« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2010, 05:22:46 am »
It's simple everyone buying direct from Hong Kong and China resellers has a 50/50 chance of getting an HK model. When Dingoo-Digital China sells units to a HK/China based retailer they can't control where or to whom those resellers sell the units to.

It sucks but it's a fact you should do research and ask the reseller before you order what model it is what the serial number is when dealing with a reseller from HK/China.

You might also ask if the unit is pawed or unpawed as unpawed units do not have a serial number on the case that is visible.

So if they tell you unpawed and no serial number it's more then likely and current export model that people want and not an HK only model...

Your best bet but alittle more expensive is to buy from a reseller in your own country or a reputable reseller that has a record of supplying the proper units to it's customers.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 05:34:06 am by dingoo-digital-usa »

strider_mt2k

• Dingoo Scene-Voice of the Dingoo Revolution!
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2010, 03:07:16 pm »
-It seems the golden Dingoo days are already, sort of, over.  :'(

Yes and no.

Yes in that you can't simply "buy a Dingoo" without going in forewarned and forearmed with information about models and sellers as many of us did originally. (We will stroke our collective beards and chuckle about the "good old days")

No in that there is more cool "stuff" available for Dingoo now than there ever was before!

It makes the game harder for new players, but the game (and the gaming) is still most definitely on! :D
Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4
Toshiba Excite 10 AT300
Ouya!

NinJato

« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2010, 09:31:47 pm »
Sigh...
Got a fifth Dingoo for a friend from ChinaVasion today. It's the @^$%#&% HK model.

Hooked it to USB and instantly got the "white screen of death"... Can not be turned off... Can not be reset (even if you hold "B").

Sent it back... Contact shipper before ordering.

:(
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 09:34:35 pm by NinJato »

ahahah

« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2010, 02:11:13 pm »
the problem with dingux (and all os installed on a sd card) is: it will never have the possibility to access the tv and radio functions.

:'(

QBert

« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2010, 06:58:52 pm »
the problem with dingux (and all os installed on a sd card) is: it will never have the possibility to access the tv and radio functions.

I don't see why Dingux couldn't support the TV-Out and radio hardware (or the internal mic for that matter). It's just that there aren't any dingux/linux drivers for any of that particular hardware at the moment. That doesn't mean it will never happen.

For example, a few weeks ago Dingux didn't have the capability to use the Dingoo's RTC (real-time clock) functions. Now, there's an updated zImage that allows that. As more is understood about the hardware, more features can be added to Dingux.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 07:00:52 pm by QBert »

darfgarf

« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2010, 08:44:17 pm »

:'(

what??? unless you know something that no-one else does that's total bull :P

just no-ones done it yet

Shred

« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2010, 08:58:06 pm »
Can we get back on-topic please? This thread is for discussing different models of Dingoo...

ColgateCat

« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2010, 11:35:30 am »
Hi guys, im new to this forum, ive subscribed BEFORE getting my new 1st Dingoo because i want to inform my self about pawed, unpawed, export and Only-China market versions.
As ive already said im very interestend in a new Dingoo, but whats be the best version to buy? What should i ask to the seller?

eule

« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2010, 02:02:25 pm »
Ask if the serial number ends with HK. If it does, BEWARE!!11!  ;D

ORiley

« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2010, 03:46:49 pm »
Where do you find the serial #. I read that it is near the USB port. Mine has nothing near the USB port. Is it on the inside of the case?

Post a new topic