Author Topic: The different type of Dingoos - Trying to clear up the confusion!  (Read 126158 times)

pasteur

Re: PAWED and UNPAWED Dingoos - Trying to clear up the confusion!
« Reply #140 on: February 24, 2010, 08:47:13 am »
Pasteur, have you tried the new 1.22 app. for dingoo on the official site (named "Ding Guo A320 English version of 3D games and simulators" when translated) here the link: http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=es&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dingoo888.cn%2Fservice.asp%3Fclassid%3D4 If those are the ones you tried try the older ones instead.

Those ones are not the ones I tried.

Here are the results.

Ding Guo A320 English version of 3D games and simulators

7days.app - freezing
brick.app - freezing
candy.app - freezing
hsingtin.app - freezing
linkemup.app - freezing
lubilubi.app - freezing
snake.app - won't load, freezing for 0.5 sec
tetris.app - freezing
ultimate drift.app - freezing

mvs - working but weird graphics (perhaps due to my misconfiguration)
smd - working well
nes - working well
gba - freezing
cps2 - working but weird graphics
cps1 - working but weird graphics
sfc - working well

wiredredneck

« Reply #141 on: February 24, 2010, 09:27:14 am »
Pasteur, have you tried the new 1.22 app. for dingoo on the official site (named "Ding Guo A320 English version of 3D games and simulators" when translated) here the link: http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=es&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dingoo888.cn%2Fservice.asp%3Fclassid%3D4 If those are the ones you tried try the older ones instead.

yeah i had the same problem with my dingo when i tryed to run the updated emulators and 3d games from that link mvs had weird graphics apps were freezing and all that. i had to downgrade to the emulators i had at first. If you dont have older sims backed up to drop on there get them from dingo-digital. http://dingoo-digital.com/downloads/emulators/default-emulators and heres a link for the 3d games. http://dingoo-digital.com/downloads/games/dingoo-3d-games that should help. forgot to add i got mine from thinkgeek.com its their version of an hk so its nonpawed but the serial is about the same as the one in your pics 4g a320bk9600729
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 09:29:57 am by wiredredneck »

ravage2002

« Reply #142 on: February 24, 2010, 06:08:15 pm »
Just a question... when you say unpawed, does it mean it's doesn't have the pawn logo on the back or something?

Edit: just answered my own question (thanks Google image), but I got the impression that dingoo ending with the serial HK are all unpawed... but mine is a HK and IS pawed, anybody care to enlighten me on that?  ???
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 06:21:58 pm by ravage2002 »

kswildside

« Reply #143 on: February 24, 2010, 06:52:49 pm »
There is a point to when a topic of subject just becomes rehashed speculated and worse continually brought up over and over pretty much the same information just reworded or represented in another format. I would love to see this thread closed and if something similar happens we have something to look at etc. If something new exists then so be it start a new thread with that issue. This one is long and dragged out and just seems to restate the same information several times.

SiENcE

• Crank Gaming (Dingux Apps)
Re: The different type of Dingoos - Trying to clear up the confusion!
« Reply #144 on: April 23, 2010, 02:29:06 pm »
Dingoo Technology is the original group from Shenzen Dingoo Digital CO, LTD; There was a split in the company and rather then deal with all the hype and confusion and problems.

That have now arisen with the fake disinformation floating around of whether the HK model existed didn't exist bs that official_dingoo and others spread they changed the website site domain and company name.

As the associate that left the company owned Dingoo888.cn and has started to spread all kinds of rumors all forums that the Dingoo HK was fake that the USb charger will make the battery explode on and on and on.

So to distance themselves from the on and on and on BS and badgering they changed the website and company name. I'm dealing with the same people and company I have dealt with from day one on this venture started back in March 2009. I deal with the same sells manager and the same team of people at Dingoo that I always have.

There is so much rumor and misinformation following from all directions as of late that to be honest I quit trying to keep up with it all. But yes to answer the question Dingoo Technology is the proper company and there was a parting of the waves with certain people from the company.

The proper site is Dingoo.HK not Dingoo888.com or Dingoo888.cn

Hopefully this straigtens up this mess as this will be my last post on the matter....

This Site is from the associate who left dingoo digital? Right? As we see here, he releases (miss)informations about fake HK Dingoos. Right?
http://dingoo888.cn/news.asp?id=25

Why did Dingoo.hk don't close the so called old/fake Dingoo888.cn website?

Why is he using the Dingoo Logo and why is Dingoo.hk using a new Logo? Does he also owns the Company Logo?

Has someone really this kind of hk dingoo and some pictures other than from dingoo888.cn?

Why they didn't release an official statement about the rumors?

Whats now fake? Dingoo with hk ....Dingoo with non hk? I have a Dingoo with non hk from a time before where all was ok.
I can't understand this. Sorry.

kswildside

« Reply #145 on: April 23, 2010, 02:56:05 pm »
Why did Dingoo.hk don't close the so called old/fake Dingoo888.cn website?

The associate who left the company owned the domain rights so when he left he took it.

Why is he using the Dingoo Logo and why is Dingoo.hk using a new Logo? Does he also owns the Company Logo?

He is using it because he wants to use it and Dingoo.HK came up with the new company name and logo to distance themselves from him and all the rumors he is spreading and problems he is causing.

Has someone really this kind of hk dingoo and some pictures other than from dingoo888.cn?

If you notice he shows the pawed case and logo etc on the fake model but doesn't show the case on the real dingoo it's all smoke and mirrors and just more misinformation and problems he is trying to start and spread. The more we allow these rumors to spread and all the misinformation the more there is to sift through.

Why they didn't release an official statement about the rumors?

There has only been two official statements made by Dingoo in the whole time I have been dealing with them as a reseller on time through Team Dingoo of Dingoo-Digital.com another Dingoo Forum and the statment they asked me to give letting you know not to trust any of the infromation from Official_Dingoo and Yefeng.

Whats now fake? Dingoo with hk ....Dingoo with non hk? I have a Dingoo with non hk from a time before where all was ok.
I can't understand this. Sorry.

There is nothing wrong per say with the dingoo other then some of them have different memory or a smaller battery and some would not work with community based apps or emu's with the patch me and mth found and implements and the new patch SDK these things are no longer issues.

Whether you have an HK or a non HK is not really and issue anymore unless the former associate of Dingoo that now operates Dingoo888.cn starts cranking out models then yes we could have issues again.

ddragoonss

« Reply #146 on: April 23, 2010, 03:21:15 pm »
So you want me to believe me than gemeitech(same IP server & if someone forgot dingoo = gemei with L/R), dingoo games(both has the same site server) and the site company who most people have in your dingoo "system setup>about" are fakes ones?

And a brand new hong-kong company, with a different name, selling dingoos with low-battery and other hardware problems are the reals ones?

Real hard to believe, where is the official statements from dingoo shenzen(they were the first dingoo's manufacters, so for me they are the official manufacters) or from gemei technology telling dingoo888.cn are a fake site?

AND MOST IMPORTANT, why a company hosted in Shenzen, Guangdong(you said "Dingoo Technology is the original group from Shenzen Dingoo Digital CO, LTD")will use a HK in your serial number and in your site???
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 03:34:06 pm by ddragoonss »

kswildside

« Reply #147 on: April 23, 2010, 03:56:23 pm »
I'm not going to argue you asked for facts I gave the facts as they are the models I sell I get from Dingoo Technology formally known as Shenzen Dingoo Digital just as alot of the resellers.

None of the models I sell have the small blue battery or other items that have been put of as misinformation by the associate who left the company. You can take the information and manipulate it anyway you would like. The fact is Offical_Dingoo has spinned a whole fairytale of mis-information which mind you not much has come to light to be true.

You as a person can have your opinion and believe anything you choose I was asked for facts I gave the facts as I have them from trusted sources and as a valued reseller to the community.

Here are whois on both sites you refered to:

http://www.networksolutions.com/whois-search/gemeitech.com

http://www.whois.net/whois/dingoo888.cn

« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 04:07:38 pm by dingoo-digital-usa »

ddragoonss

« Reply #148 on: April 23, 2010, 04:10:21 pm »
I'm not going to argue you asked for facts I gave the facts as they are the models I sell I get from Dingoo Technology formally known as Shenzen Dingoo Digital just as alot of the resellers.

None of the models I sell have the small blue battery or other items that have been put of as misinformation by the associate who left the company. You can take the information and manipulate it anyway you would like. The fact is Offical_Dingoo has spinned a whole fairytale of mis-information which mind you not much has come to light to be true.

You as a person can have your opinion and believe anything you choose I was asked for facts I gave the facts as I have them from trusted sources and as a valued reseller to the community. My other question to you is how do you get the infromation of same ip etc for them and Gemei etc

http://www.networksolutions.com/whois-search/gemeitech.com

http://www.whois.net/whois/dingoo888.cn

Because what I can see from whois which needs to be done from two different sources they have different hosts and different registrants for each domain.

"My other question to you is how do you get the infromation of same ip etc for them and Gemei etc"

http://serversiders.com/dingoo888.cn

Code: [Select]
Domains hosted on the same IP-address as dingoo888.cn (202.104.174.99)

Traffic rank 284607. gemeitech.com
Traffic rank 948289. dingoo888.cn

And a little detail, domain ≠ server, domain is just the url link to the server IP, server is who host all the site content.

So even if dingoo shenzen/gemeitech don't have the domain, they could just remove all the site content easily.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 04:12:47 pm by ddragoonss »

kswildside

« Reply #149 on: April 23, 2010, 04:26:10 pm »
So they use the same server to host there website and this proves what they are located in the same area?

Just because McDonalds and Wedy's are on the same block and same town and sell similar products does not make them linked or the same owner.

Gemei sells some of it's technology out all the time OEM or otherwise so once again just because they are on the same server does not make them associated or the same company.

This whole argument is pointless and baseless you can believe what you want and have your own opinion on the matter but ask most resellers who they get supplied from and they will tell you unanimously Dingoo Technology not Shenzen Dingoo Digital they will also tell you the proper website is Dingoo.HK the same information is given by another reseller source:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=222478

« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 04:39:08 pm by dingoo-digital-usa »

ddragoonss

« Reply #150 on: April 23, 2010, 05:01:20 pm »
So they use the same server to host there website and this proves what they are located in the same area?

Just because McDonalds and Wedy's are on the same block and same town and sell similar products does not make them linked or the same owner.

Gemei sells some of it's technology out all the time OEM or otherwise so once again just because they are on the same server does not make them associated or the same company.

http://dingoo888.cn/about.asp?id=6
Address 1: Futian District, Shenzhen Tian An Cyber Times Tower A, Block 1912 Zip: 518041
Tel: 0755 - 83890235 24-hour Sales Hotline: 15817488332 (Zheng Jingli)
Fax: 0755 - 83890236

Address 2: Dongcheng District, Dongguan City, Niushan start a new industrial zone of tin side of the U.S. Digital Technology Co., Ltd. Song
Zip Code: 523128
Tel :0769-22691108

http://www.gemeitech.com/
Address: Dongcheng District, Dongguan City, the new tin side Niushan Industrial Zone, Dongguan City, Cape Venture U.S. Digital Technology Co., Ltd. Zip: 523128 Tel :0769-22691108

Same server, same hardware, same embedded-OS, same address, same phone number and you really think they aren't related?

PS: why "HK" serial-number for a shenzen hosted company? this don't make sense, Guangdong is near hong-Kong, but it's not Hong-Kong.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 05:12:09 pm by ddragoonss »

kswildside

« Reply #151 on: April 23, 2010, 05:38:19 pm »
Yes I agree Shenzen Dingoo Digital and Gemei are in Gungdong district in Shenzen city and they seem to be in the same technology centers.

Every company leases space in those centers for there offices and more then likely they use the same server for there websites.

None of this is unsual in the least in china or most other countries in the tech field there are technology centers all over china with sometimes twenty companies in the same buildings using the same web servers supplied by the landlord of the tech center. It's also no far fetched that they use the same embedded OS with differences because they were all approached by the same vendors of the OS.

The HK model just didn't fall out of the sky this week or last week the Dingoo with HK in the serial number has been around since Late September 2009 and in March 2010 a guy claiming to be the real Dingoo comes out of the wood work claiming that the HK is fake 7 months after the fact?

As explained the man is a former associate of Shenzen Dingoo Digital and worked with them to distance themselves from his rumors and lies and such they moved and changed domain name and company name to Dingoo Technology and the domain to Dingoo.HK. What is so far fetched to believe about any of the statements?

Also why would Gemei a huge manufacturer and innovator in PMP all of a sudden out of the blue ohhh lets make a new Company name Shenzen Dingoo Digital and sell one of PMP's through that name...

It would be a waste of time and money as they already have a huge name in the industry. Below is more whois information on both companies. Lets just let the rest of the community make up there minds...

Information taken from: http://www.whois.net/whois/dingoo888.cn

Original:
WHOIS information for dingoo888.cn :
[Querying whois.cnnic.net.cn]
[whois.cnnic.net.cn]
Domain Name: dingoo888.cn
ROID: 20091013s10001s61778085-cn
Domain Status: ok
Registrant Organization: 李给武
Registrant Name: 张友军
Administrative Email: [email protected]
Sponsoring Registrar: 北京万网志成科技有限公司
Name Server:dns21.hichina.com
Name Server:dns22.hichina.com
Registration Date: 2009-10-13 21:30
Expiration Date: 2010-10-13 21:30

Translated:
WHOIS information for dingoo888.cn :
[Querying whois.cnnic.net.cn]
[whois.cnnic.net.cn]
Domain Name: dingoo888.cn
ROID: 20091013s10001s61778085-cn
Domain Status: ok
Registrant Organization: To Wu Li
Registrant Name: Jun Zhang
Administrative Email: [email protected]
Sponsoring Registrar: Beijing million net Zhicheng Technology Co., Ltd.
Name Server:dns21.hichina.com
Name Server:dns22.hichina.com
Registration Date: 2009-10-13 21:30
Expiration Date: 2010-10-13 21:30

This information was taken from:

http://whois.domaintools.com/gemeitech.com

Registrant: Digital Tech. Ltd Co., Gemei
DongGuang
DongGuang, Guangdong 523128
CN

Domain Name: GEMEITECH.COM

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact: [email protected]

Digital Tech. Ltd Co., Gemei 
DongGuang
DongGuang, Guangdong 523128
CN
0769-22691108 fax: 0769-22691108

Record expires on 07-Jul-2014.
Record created on 07-Jul-2003.

Domain servers in listed order:

NS1.CNOLNIC.COM 218.5.79.33
NS2.CNOLNIC.COM 59.151.23.102

« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 07:07:40 pm by dingoo-digital-usa »

bobby

« Reply #152 on: April 24, 2010, 02:46:35 pm »
OK here is what I believe happened. All speculations of course but to me it makes sense.

I believe dingoo.hk's are fake. I mean why would you set up a new company because of an ex-employee ? I think the dingoo.hk guys are ex-employees of Shenzhen Dingoo Digital Product Co., Ltd.(dingoo888.cn). They thought hey we can produce our own dingoo, all the know-how is here so lets just steal it and start our own company. Then they stole some blueprints and dingoo.hk was born. I mean come on it's china thats happens all the fucking time, that's why it is so hard to do business in china. Of course they are telling you dingoo-digital-usa that they are genuine because they want to sell you their product. I bet they also offer a better deal.

check out dingoo.hk's product page:

- They produce fake GBA SP's...... makes me wonder if the dingoos are fake too????
- At the specifications for the dingoo they only mention GBA and 3D

Like ddragoonss I also think that dingoo888.cn and gemei are somehow connected or maybe were. Before the dingoo came out I remember it was announced as gemei A320. The dingoo is the X760+ in a new shell with more buttons right ? Also gemei announced the A330 a while ago which doesn't look anything like the A330 dingoo.hk announced. (dingoo.hk's A330 looks like a psp knockoff)

« Reply #153 on: April 24, 2010, 03:09:26 pm »
Post removed by moderator.

Do not harass other members.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 05:16:27 pm by omgmog »

10basetom

• tohodo.com
« Reply #154 on: April 24, 2010, 03:52:58 pm »
LOL "Dingoo Identity" seems to be a never-ending classic homebrew game. It should be ported to the Dingoo ;).

darfgarf

« Reply #155 on: April 24, 2010, 05:28:49 pm »
LOL "Dingoo Identity" seems to be a never-ending classic homebrew game. It should be ported to the Dingoo ;).

like a detective game, go round finidng out the clues and following the suspects, stalking all the members of the forum with spy robots and finally discovering the shocking truth: dingoo-digital don't exist, and are actually team rocket  :o

« Reply #156 on: April 24, 2010, 05:30:46 pm »
Sorry about the "idiot" thing. It's just that talk rubs me the wrong way. And it's kind of insulting to D-D-USA, don't you think? Unless he's just joking around. In which case, sorry for being super serious. I'll be more constructive with my posts.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 05:40:09 pm by Jesse »

kswildside

« Reply #157 on: April 24, 2010, 08:04:03 pm »
1. Whats so hard to believe a company splits up all the time people go there merry way and usually thats the end of it all. But ask yourself one big question if they are fake and all the crap and misinformation that has been spread all of a sudden since March is true why the heck did it all of a sudden surface.

I mean come on it's been seven months since the HK appeared if it was fake and this guy really knew this all this why wait so long to bring it all up. If all this is true he should have came forward with all this way back in October when the first HK serial numbered A320 appeared.

2. There is alot more to the story but being at liberty to discuss it with the community is something I can't and won't do. I pay the same price I have always paid for the A320 the more I buy the lower the price becomes to a point but that is like an reseller buying from the supplier that is the case.

3. The HK is not a fake model as speculated at all I deal with all the people I have dealt with at Dingoo Tech that I dealt with when it was Shenzen Dingoo Digital. It's not just one or two people who decided to leave the company and start a new company it was almost 99.9% of Shenzen Dingoo Digital that became Dingoo Tech.

I'm not an idiot nor am I a fool like most of you have tried to label me. I have connections and friends all over and in China. Also why is Shoptemp and Dingoo.CO.UK and Deal Extreme and all the others buying there goods from Dingoo Tech?

If any of this had a ring of truth to it I as a business owner would be busting my butt to contact all my resellers to let them know hey your ordering from the wrong people and explain what happen and make sure I wasn't loosing my resellers.

I wouldn't wait 7 months later and make a small little post calling the items fake and saying hey I'm the real guy.... If he really was the owner and really had all the information he would have contacted all of his authorized resellers and explained himself that never happened and still has not happened.

4. If I'm not in contact with the real people please explain how I have come up with the latest firmwares and documents we have needed for the A320 and Dingux along with taking time to figure out a patch for the HK issue. I guess they and I just pulled it out of our asses or a friggin magical hat.

5. The whole GBA thing the A360 whats so far fetched about that device it has been out since October 2009 and Deal Extreme carries the darn thing I choose not too because it was limited to what it could do and not truly a PMP/Gaming console. So because they make a cheaper one kind of gaming console that equals they are fake come on?

6. Gemei is a huge company and innovator in the PMP field in China they do research and development and release some of their own products to the public as Gemei. Others they do OEM or sell the rights to another company out right.

It's just like NEC actually makes the Dell Monitors but doesn't label them NEC they label them as a Dell product. In other cases they sell completely out and the person buying the tech builds it themselves.

The building Gemei is in is about a half a city block from the office building Shenzen Dingoo Digital is in they are in the same Tech Ceneter with about maybe 150 other tech businesses all doing something different.

You are all thinking in either European or American or another countries mind set what might be black and white in our perspective countries is not Black and White in China. There are Tech centers all over China with about 50 to 150 businesses in each tech center.

7. Do I think the A320 is based in part or whole on a Gemei design and just tweaked and modified by Dingoo Digital and then Dingoo Tech yes I do. But I have no belief that Shenzen Dingoo and Digital and Gemei are one in the same hell no if that was turthfully the case they would have never let the split happen and would have come forward alot soonier then 7 months after the fact.

Once again I leave it all up to you with the facts as I know them I have dealt with this group of people for over a year now and I would think I would know more then the average person being a reseller.

kswildside

« Reply #158 on: April 24, 2010, 08:10:18 pm »
OK here is what I believe happened. All speculations of course but to me it makes sense.

I believe dingoo.hk's are fake. I mean why would you set up a new company because of an ex-employee ? I think the dingoo.hk guys are ex-employees of Shenzhen Dingoo Digital Product Co., Ltd.(dingoo888.cn). They thought hey we can produce our own dingoo, all the know-how is here so lets just steal it and start our own company. Then they stole some blueprints and dingoo.hk was born. I mean come on it's china thats happens all the fucking time, that's why it is so hard to do business in china. Of course they are telling you dingoo-digital-usa that they are genuine because they want to sell you their product. I bet they also offer a better deal.

Also if they stole the blue prints why do they also have the source code to the os and are they still able to change the firmware.

If they are fake why spend the time to come up with the fix for the Y & B buttons as that firmware came well after the split.

Why would you take time to come up with fixes and answer questions etc. Also like I said before how come nobody from Shenzen Dingoo Digital  in the last 7 months never went barn busting mad and said anything or tried to get their resellers back they would have lost a hell of a lot of money in the last 7 months. As for me money talks and bullshit walks....

None of the story Shenzen Dingoo Digital  told makes sense I think some of the HK serialed numbers that came out had flaws and imperfections becasue there are several people that have stated they have HK serialed models with no issues at all with native or community based apps/games/emus. That being said if they are fake why do some many work with no issue at all and why do non hk models work with no issue at all?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 08:16:33 pm by dingoo-digital-usa »

bobby

« Reply #159 on: April 24, 2010, 09:55:11 pm »
I already have my original dingoo from back then when it came out. At the end of the day it doesn't matter who produces your dingoo as long as it does everything you expect it to do. So yeah as a consumer I wouldn't mind getting an illegitimately produced one as long as it is same quality. In terms of quality, I heard the fake GBA actually runs some GBA games better than the original nintendo gba. Display is also supposed to be way better. So yeah "fake" dingoos are not really fake dingoos but unlicensed clones.

But those are just my ethical standards. All I wanted to point out is that there is something fishy about dingoo.hk.  Producing fake GBA SPs is illegal and definitely an intellectual property infringement. And yes you are right it does happen that a company splits up due to a merger/acquisition or a corporate spin-off.  That is not what happened here from what I see, people have decided to leave the company and start their own company. That is perfectly legal but you can't produce the exact same thing under the same name because that is in most cases a violation of intellectual property too. Unfortunately that is what happens all the time in the PRC. That's why I would never produce my new innovative patented product in china. Because it is just a matter of time until some employees at the production plant figure out how everything works and then they set up their own company and do the exact same thing. I won't be able to do anything about it because lets face it you cant really enforce your intellectual property rights in the PRC. Around 20% of all the consumer products on the Chinese market are fake. Not just foreign stuff is being faked it also domestic products it is basically everything that sells.

check this out:

http://www.dingoo-digital.com/forums/i-need-help/got-a-wierd-2gb-dingoo-and-i-bricked-it-unauthorized

Looks like this guy unfortunately got a fake one that doesn't perform too well. Let's look at what he says
"I got my new Dingoo A320, from focalprice.com (listed as "dingguo" XD)."

Whois of dingoo.hk reveals...

Organization name(English):   DING GUO DIGITAL TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD.
Surprise surprise!!!

On their website they say they are Dingoo Digital Product Co., Ltd. though.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 12:35:10 am by bobby »

Post a new topic
Post a new topic