Author Topic: The different type of Dingoos - Trying to clear up the confusion!  (Read 133472 times)

eule

Re: PAWED and UNPAWED Dingoos - Trying to clear up the confusion!
« Reply #100 on: January 29, 2010, 04:17:10 pm »
If you just copied the jgc files, try updating the jukebox.  :) same for new emulators.

Kalisiin

« Reply #101 on: January 29, 2010, 06:20:34 pm »
Questions:
1. Did you rename the JGC files?
2. Are The JGC files in the GBA Folder under the GAMES folder?\

If either one of these were done they won't work they have to remain there original file name and in the GBA folder.

Not true.
I renamed my .JGC files, because "Game 001.JGC" "Game 002.JGC" was driving me crazy.  I renamed them to their correct names, keeping the .JGC extension - no problem.  I even entirely deleted some of the seriously crappy ones, and kept only the better ones.

I even separated them out into their own folder, seperate from the other GBA games, and called the folder "Dingoo Native Games" because I had no clue in hell what .JGC was supposed to stand for.

Anyway, in spite of my taking them out of the GBA folder, and renaming them to be more sensible - they still work.

White, Pawed non-HK Dingoo, in my case.  Firmware 1.20-pof also.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 06:25:03 pm by Kalisiin »

kswildside

« Reply #102 on: January 29, 2010, 08:59:21 pm »
The only way I have been able to get the to load and not freeze after a reset or power down is they remain in the GBA folder and also keep the names they originally had. If they work for you that way wonderful....

Kalisiin

« Reply #103 on: January 29, 2010, 09:42:42 pm »
The only way I have been able to get the to load and not freeze after a reset or power down is they remain in the GBA folder and also keep the names they originally had. If they work for you that way wonderful....

Well...it does work for me that way.
Cross my heart and hope to die.

and good thing, too, or I'd have deleted all of them.

I can't deal with "Game001.jgc" "Game002.jgc" and try to remember which each game was.  It would drive me crazy and I'd rather do without them...than to have to try to remember which was which.  I'm glad I was able to re-name them.

How can it not drive you crazy to see that in a menu...Game001, Game002, Game003, etc.??

Seriously, how can it not drive you nuts?  They should have named them right in the first place.

TheCaffeinator

« Reply #104 on: January 31, 2010, 12:03:54 am »

Makes no difference for me. They still don't work.

What firmware are you using? What ?'m tryng to determine now is simply WHY these issues occur, i.e., is it the firmware or the hardware.

Kalisiin

« Reply #105 on: January 31, 2010, 05:18:54 am »

Makes no difference for me. They still don't work.

What firmware are you using? What ?'m tryng to determine now is simply WHY these issues occur, i.e., is it the firmware or the hardware.

would not know if it was firmware or hardware, but I use a custom firmware you can download...it is firmware 1.20-pof

download here
http://rapidshare.com/files/303162579/CFW-1.20-pof.zip.html
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 05:21:46 am by Kalisiin »

TheCaffeinator

« Reply #106 on: January 31, 2010, 06:34:03 am »
I still don't see how my Dingoo fits into the mult-model chronology... or why the third-party emulators or .JGC games won't work.

It doesn't have "HK" in the serial number... it's a "no-paw"... it's got firmware v1.2... seems other people have units with this same combination of characteristics, yet they have no trouble playing the .JGC games or third-party emulators.

My first Dingoo, which I got for Christmas, was a no-paw running firmware v1.1; the .JGC games and all of the third-party emulators I loaded on it ran fine. Unfortunately, I had to send it back because of hardware problems (broken shoulder buttons, poor case assembly, internal pressure on the LCD, etc.).

I wouldn't be so frustrated with my current Dingoo (which I received as the replacement a month after getting the first one) if it didn't function so noticeably differently than my frst one -- for reasons no one as yet has been able to adequately explain.

I someone could confirm that it's a firmware issue, I'd happily attempt to downgrade to v1.1 to get the "original" functionalty back. If it's a hardware issue, I'll accept the limitations and move on to Dingux.

dingoo-co-uk

« Reply #107 on: February 01, 2010, 09:25:19 pm »
We have just received our next batch of Dingoos. The new Dingoos have the dingoo paw on the back of the unit with serial numbers 4G A320BK/WH****** and no mention of HK.
I have been able to install and play third party emulators, install dingux dual boot and play .JGC games with no issues.

Thanks Andy
www.dingoo.co.uk

Kalisiin

« Reply #108 on: February 02, 2010, 02:28:39 pm »
Thanks, Andy.  If I was in the market, I'd buy from you, now...just because you advertised as you did.

I think, in the future, to move these items, people are gonna have to advertise just as you did...to get the savvy people to buy them at all...advertise that they are PAWED, NON-HK Dingoos, and that they are 4G.

That's the specs on all four I currently own, and, without those specs being met, no way would I ever buy another.  I'd sooner spend my money on a Wiz....than on a P.O.S. HK unit on non-paw unit.  I simply would not trust them.

kswildside

« Reply #109 on: February 02, 2010, 02:57:34 pm »
Can confirm Andy is speaking the truth new models have the paw back and work with all community emu's and apps and dingoo made games everything works fine well GNUBoy still has the freeze issue but everything else works fine... I think after me and Andy and other foreign resellers griped enough Dingoo Digital China has got the picture and making the Dingoo the way the original pawed ones were made.

Kalisiin

« Reply #110 on: February 02, 2010, 08:05:57 pm »
Can confirm Andy is speaking the truth new models have the paw back and work with all community emu's and apps and dingoo made games everything works fine well GNUBoy still has the freeze issue but everything else works fine... I think after me and Andy and other foreign resellers griped enough Dingoo Digital China has got the picture and making the Dingoo the way the original pawed ones were made.

Well, I certainly hope so...and, on behalf of users everywhere I thank you and other resellers for advocating on our behalf to get the GOOD stuff.
Because when and/or if I am ready to buy another Dingoo (and I just might, even as a gift for someone) I would insist on 4G non-HK, Paw Print only or no deal.
I would make anyone wanting to sell me a Dingoo guarantee those specs, or a full refund of my money.

V1RUSW0rm

« Reply #111 on: February 03, 2010, 06:17:41 pm »
I've read whole thread but didn't find answer. I want to use native OS for audio/video playing and for NES/SNES/GBA emulation. And Dingux for everything else (Sega, DooM-based games etc.). Will there any problems with pawed HK model or unpawed? I mean dualboot and dingux installation/working. I will buy it on ebay (the seller is "toy_bar") if it's matter. I asked for Serial Number, but if it's HK I don't know what to do.
Sorry for bad English, it's not my main language..

kswildside

« Reply #112 on: February 03, 2010, 07:11:40 pm »
Everything is better on Dingux except GBA

V1RUSW0rm

« Reply #113 on: February 03, 2010, 07:21:38 pm »
Everything is better on Dingux except GBA

I don't know that Dingux has audio-player. Also I heard dingux decrease battery life.. Is it possible to install dingux on every Dingoo model, including HK? I read that there are some problems with native emulators and "homebrew" apps. What is "homebrew"? It's dingux, isn't it?

darfgarf

« Reply #114 on: February 03, 2010, 07:25:43 pm »
I don't know that Dingux has audio-player. Also I heard dingux decrease battery life.. Is it possible to install dingux on every Dingoo model, including HK? I read that there are some problems with native emulators and "homebrew" apps. What is "homebrew"? It's dingux, isn't it?

dingux has gmu player, it's very good
morelike an increase in battery life, as you can downclock the cpu if you only need to play some music etc
it's possible to use dingux on an hk dingoo
homebrew=anything done by us devs, native or for dingux pretty much

V1RUSW0rm

« Reply #115 on: February 03, 2010, 07:35:13 pm »
dingux has gmu player, it's very good
morelike an increase in battery life, as you can downclock the cpu if you only need to play some music etc

Thanks for answer!

it's possible to use dingux on an hk dingoo
homebrew=anything done by us devs, native or for dingux pretty much

So it's possible that there will be problems with unpawed/HK dingoo and dingux? I will not install applications and games to native OS. I'm more interesting in perfect working dingux...

eule

« Reply #116 on: February 04, 2010, 01:37:51 pm »
Dingux works fine on HK models, "just" some homebrew emulators for the native firmware don?t work with them.  :)

ZeroCorpse

« Reply #117 on: February 09, 2010, 09:47:15 pm »
I just ordered a Dingoo from ebay. The seller uses a few different names, but it appears to boil down to the same source: TGBUS.COM

TGBUS.COM seems to use the following ebay names / storefronts:

toy_bar
newartseller
cn_2009

I haven't received my Dingoo yet, but I'll try to get back here when it arrives to let others know which model this seller offers. If anyone else has used them, you might want to post your experience and which model arrived. The pictures in the ebay storefront show a paw on the back, but no serial number (Photoshopped out for ebay pics?) -- The seller also includes "3GB games" or "more than 1000 games", and most of their ebay listings also offer a silicon sleeve and the official Dingoo bag.

All pictures, regardless of which store/seller name they're using, have the TGBUS.COM watermark, and they all hail from Beijing, China.  Since I don't read Chinese at all, I can't really make sense of their main webpage, so I don't know if TGBUS is a reputable dealer or not.

Any info fellow ebay buyers could post would be helpful for others.

V1RUSW0rm

« Reply #118 on: February 09, 2010, 09:51:28 pm »
I asked toy_bar about serial number. He said it is 4G A320WHxxxxxxxx without HK and with paw at back.

ZeroCorpse

« Reply #119 on: February 09, 2010, 10:01:36 pm »
Interesting about toy_bar.  Thanks for asking them!

Of course, I totally could have asked them myself.  ;)  I guess I just didn't want to pester them after the sale.

Anyway, I'll let everyone know how it works out when it arrives in about a week.

Post a new topic