• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: Sorry - dingoo noob  (Read 4243 times)

RetroAEROSMITH (OP)

Sorry - dingoo noob
« on: August 22, 2014, 03:12:04 pm »
Had one of these on 17th August, birthday present, chuffed.

Plugged it onto the usb port of my PC and waited. Nothing - only the blue glowing usb symbol.
A message then came on the bottom right of my pc saying the usb couldnt be recognised and has malfunctioned. The dingoo freezes on the usb screen and I have to struggle to find the reset button to reset it, this I retry umpteen times to the same conclusion.

I emailed funstock who it was bought from and they said it sounds like its faulty. I returned it.

They sent me another one, I asked them to test it before sending. I've just this moment opened it, connected it to the pc and its done exactly the same.

Am I doing anything wrong? The manual is totally useless, the video support funstock offer is a basic look at the dingoo, nothing technical or problem solving and then also a link to these boards.....so here I am....

Anyone know what im doing wrong? I really dont want to spend more returning it if its something stupid.

Surkow

• * Administrator
Re: Sorry - dingoo noob
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 03:41:43 pm »
Could you show a picture of the specific unit? Or at least show which Dingoo version it is (a320, a330, a320e, etc).

RetroAEROSMITH (OP)

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 04:47:20 pm »
See noob!!

its an A330.

After fiddling around with it, i decided to connect it to a lap top that I havent used for years....and it connected and appeared straight away. Ive just tested it by dragging bare knuckle in and its fine.

back to being chuffed.

Thanks anyway.
If anyone else has the problem, try using an older pc or laptop that isnt using service pack 2 or vista or something.

Surkow

• * Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 06:07:39 pm »
See noob!!

its an A330.

After fiddling around with it, i decided to connect it to a lap top that I havent used for years....and it connected and appeared straight away. Ive just tested it by dragging bare knuckle in and its fine.

back to being chuffed.

Thanks anyway.
If anyone else has the problem, try using an older pc or laptop that isnt using service pack 2 or vista or something.

Does it look like the one at the top or the bottom?

Depending on the hardware there might be more software available (like native Dingoo or OpenDingux applications).

RetroAEROSMITH (OP)

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2014, 09:58:36 am »
Its the one at the top, the black one.

Had a bit of trouble tracking down a mini sd card so am waiting for a micro to mini adaptor to arrive. I did start trying the dual boot installer but needed the card to finish it, so cancelled out of updating stuff.

Which menu is the snes emu on the dingoo? I dont think it has one?? thanks in advance.

Surkow

• * Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2014, 01:19:31 pm »
"Interesting game" is the emulator menu item. I don't know if the Dingoo native firmware comes pre-installed with a SNES emulator. OpenDingux might be nice for you to try if you get a micro to mini SD card converter. Alternatively you can choose to install the legacy Dingux version.

Post a new topic