• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: Review - The Dingoo A330  (Read 109973 times)

Stephanie

Re: Review - The Dingoo A330
« Reply #80 on: May 14, 2010, 03:08:12 pm »
Hello,

I will buy my Dingoo a330 today but i can't find any review about the controller...

On this website (http://www.consoles-mobiles.com/article-dingoo-a330-719.htm) first controller is free but second is around 16 ?...

I think pad isn't important but i don't know...Order it or not ?

There is a review that includes the controller here on Dingoonity. The first post of this thread in fact!

Right now, the Dingoo A330 can only use a single controller, so there is no point to ordering a second one.

La nouvelle console open source
Ah... not so much.  :-\

Cheers!

ricsi

« Reply #81 on: May 14, 2010, 03:09:54 pm »
How do I do that? It's my 1st dingoo...

here you can find the overclock application from flatmush:

http://flatmush.juliusparishy.com/a320/toolchain/sml_overclock_r61.zip

Here is the fixed genesis emu:
http://www.dingoo-digital.com/downloads/emulators/megadrive-emulator-native-os-fixed
(do not know if it runs on a330 and HK dingoos ... works perfectly on my "old" a320)

PS: also which FW version do you have installed? 1.20 (see the about screen)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 03:16:26 pm by ricsi »

Stephanie

« Reply #82 on: May 14, 2010, 03:10:44 pm »
Philos what reseller was it not trying to get them in trouble but no reseller was authorized to release the A330 yet as official reviews have not come out and public release is not due till May 17th to the 20th or later till official reviews from Tech Radar UK and ByteJacker come out.

DDU - I think a lot of places are already selling the A330. I know ShopTemp / GBATemp has had it for sale for 4 or 5 days now, showing it as in stock.

omgmog (OP)

• * Administrator
  • Doesn't sleep.
    • omgmog.net
« Reply #83 on: May 14, 2010, 03:12:51 pm »
Breaking the street date before it's final isn't a good idea..  :-\

ricsi

« Reply #84 on: May 14, 2010, 03:19:22 pm »
Breaking the street date before it's final isn't a good idea..  :-\

I have found 24 hits on ebay ...
somebody has to supply those units ...
I do not think that so many people are selling their "review" units.
(and stephanie is right ... shoptemp is selling them right now as well ...)

I am really wondering where they get their units from, if it is officially unavailable.

Stephanie

« Reply #85 on: May 14, 2010, 03:20:47 pm »
I'm also wondering what they are selling, actually. Like, do these places have the final versions already? Or are there truckloads of prototypes that are being sold off?

philos mentioned that the manual for the A330 controller actually says that the analog controllers are mapped to the dpad and xyab buttons. If they printed that into the manual, it makes me worry that they don't plan on 'fixing' the way the wireless controller works at all. Unless the manual is also a 'prototype'... 

I also have the wireless controller, in the manual it say's that the left joystick is wired to the direction control key's and the richt one is wired to the XYAB buttons and that the L1 and R1 are wired to the L and R button.

Sigh... I am concerned that the 'review units' are actually the final units, and nothing is going to be changed.

philos

« Reply #86 on: May 14, 2010, 05:31:13 pm »
Also by the way the one documented site selling them so far is not documented as selling them yet. Philos can you please send pictures of the A-330 for verification.

Whahaha, just took a picture of my ugly face together with the A330 and my wife said, don't the believe you? haha
Will post in a minute.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 08:53:23 pm by philos »

kswildside

« Reply #87 on: May 14, 2010, 07:15:24 pm »
Wow you got one dunno how but you got one last I was told it was not going to be released to the public till May 17th to May 20th, 2010 or till Professional reviews were done.

Hmmmm weird weird I'm perplexed now well I have alot to discuss this with Dingoo-Tech on Sunday and find out how and why it was being sold already. I would hate to jump the gun and sell the few I have in stock if more fixes are in the pipeline...

Below is a reply I got from: So it's either a miscommunication or misunderstanding or something not sure at this point will have more details come sunday....

http://www.consoles-mobiles.com/article-dingoo-a330-719.htm

Hello,

I'm french reseller. So i sell Dingoo A330 on french territories...

Sofia (www.dingoo.hk) wasn't told us to wait (France only).

US and UK customers can't order on my website yet.

Good sells !

Marc
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 07:46:33 pm by dingoo-digital-usa »

Pinkel

« Reply #88 on: January 19, 2011, 11:01:28 am »
Hello!
I think about buying a Dingoo console, but i don't know which one is better for me - a320 or a330. The older one is cheaper, but the newer has better triggers, more RAM and you can buy a joypad for it (playing on TV is important to me :) ). What do you recommend?
One question - does a330 have the same software, including build-in games?
Aw, i forgot about the most important thing. I have Nintendo DS Lite, so is it any reason for me to buy Dingoo?
P.S.
Sorry for my crappy English, I am Polish :) .

TheCaffeinator

« Reply #89 on: January 19, 2011, 05:10:39 pm »
If playing on the TV is important to you, get an A330 and a wireless controller; if portability is important to you, get an A320. I have both; I carry my A320 around and use my A330 only as a home console, but that's just my preference. One reason is that the "A" button on my A330 doesn't work very well, so using it as a home console with the wireless controller works better for me; also, the shoulder buttons on the wireless controller provide a better play experience for SNES and GBA games. Sure, you can use an A320 as a home console, but it's kind of awkward given the TV-Out socket placement and the tiny, fragile shoulder buttons.

Emulation is similar between the A330 and A320 except for the NEO GEO and the GBA. NEO GEO works perfectly on the Dingoo Digital A320 but not on the Dingoo Tech A330 (or Dingoo Tech A320). GBA on Dingoo Digital A320 has better compatibility (including Jungletac games) than Dingoo Tech A330 (and Dingoo Tech A320). Apparently, there are some differences in the 3D games, as well, but I'm not certain.

Should owning a DS Lite prevent you from getting a Dingoo? Well...can a DS Lite emulate the GB, GBC, GBA, NES, SNES, Master System, Game Gear, Genesis, Lynx, Turbo Grafx, CPS1, CPS2, and MAME systems?  If you want to play games for these systems and more with one unit, get a Dingoo (Dingux opens up even more possibilities but is not necessary). The Dingoo is also has a video player, music player, FM radio, and more.

Post a new topic