• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: Review - The Dingoo A330  (Read 110796 times)

vlad

Re: Review - The Dingoo A330
« Reply #60 on: May 11, 2010, 02:14:20 pm »
About the wireless controller .... mistery (let's just call it mistery , because nobody doesn't really seem to know how the heck it works)
There is a risk that the MCU on the motherboard in the A330 is hardwired to the controller inputs in the CPU , which may be a problem,because a software update won't add anything new to the controller.I really belive that that's what it is,a microcontroller which uses the transceiver/receiver to get data from the controller , and then set the button lines high or low , depending on what's receiving.
I believe this because if it was controlled by software , there must have been a "Wireless controller" (or "Wirelass king controla" , as the chinese would call it) in the settings menu , to be able to map your own controls from there.

omgmog (OP)

• * Administrator
  • Doesn't sleep.
    • omgmog.net
« Reply #61 on: May 11, 2010, 02:32:19 pm »
About the wireless controller .... mistery (let's just call it mistery , because nobody doesn't really seem to know how the heck it works)
There is a risk that the MCU on the motherboard in the A330 is hardwired to the controller inputs in the CPU , which may be a problem,because a software update won't add anything new to the controller.I really belive that that's what it is,a microcontroller which uses the transceiver/receiver to get data from the controller , and then set the button lines high or low , depending on what's receiving.
I believe this because if it was controlled by software , there must have been a "Wireless controller" (or "Wirelass king controla" , as the chinese would call it) in the settings menu , to be able to map your own controls from there.

We already know that it atleast has basic controls by hardware alone. Currently the firmware has no mention of control schemes, but if they keep to their word I suspect this will come in the final version of the native OS.

Meneer Jansen

« Reply #62 on: May 11, 2010, 10:50:42 pm »
Welcome the PSP Games A-330!

http://dingoo.hk/en_product.asp?id=4

I wonder that the domain and the Dingoo Technology company name remain.

I am also wondering if it comes with the 7 days game .... or will it be renamed to 8 days? ;)
Has the world gone completely mad? ;)
Finally got me a new Dingoo after I Kentucky ~~::fried::~~ the other one. Yippee! [edit] And lost it!

thismeinteil

« Reply #64 on: May 12, 2010, 01:22:17 am »
Guys, screw the 330.  Let's get the 360.  After all, it is 30 numbers better.   ;D  

Anyway, so are the ones that DDU is shipping in mid-May preview versions, as well?  Or are they the final product?

kswildside

« Reply #65 on: May 12, 2010, 03:09:01 am »
Final

« Reply #66 on: May 12, 2010, 05:48:37 am »
The DD and DT sites both have stupid things like that.

And I'm fine with the A330 looking like a PSP. The PSP looks cool. And all that really matters is it's functionality.

But I admit, I'm starting to get annoyed. "PSP Games A320" and "PSP Games A330"? What the hell? That better just be some funny chinglish mistake.

Is there an official name for the product? Is there an official ANYTHING in China?

« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 05:51:45 am by Jesse »

mrkingoo

« Reply #67 on: May 12, 2010, 10:52:29 am »
New A-330 firmware is perhaps on its way, download link doesnt work

http://dingoo.hk/en_service.asp?classid=4

Meneer Jansen

« Reply #68 on: May 13, 2010, 01:39:03 pm »
So far we've only got the review of the sample version of the A330. Is the final release for sale yet? And if so: in what way does it differ from the sample version?
Finally got me a new Dingoo after I Kentucky ~~::fried::~~ the other one. Yippee! [edit] And lost it!

ricsi

« Reply #69 on: May 13, 2010, 02:00:26 pm »
So far we've only got the review of the sample version of the A330. Is the final release for sale yet? And if so: in what way does it differ from the sample version?

No, it is not sold yet.

Nobody has spoken up about the differences ...

Oppinions range between nothing, and different firmware and different HW.

last option (different HW) seems highly unlikely to me personally, if they want to meet their own deadline (start selling end may, beginning of june 2010)

we will see.
When the final units arrive than we can REALLY say what the dingoo technology a330 CAN do, and what it finally contains.
In the meantime I am thinking of starting a thread in the rumour mill to collect all the bits and peaces of information.

Also dingoo digital has announced to start selling a successor of the dingoo digital a320 in 2-3 months.
I do not know either company, and they seem to fight at the moment.
dingoo tech has prooved that they are able to (at least minimally) update the a320 ... dingoo digital has not shown any proof of their ability to reegineer the a320.

philos

« Reply #70 on: May 14, 2010, 12:31:06 pm »
I just recieved my A330 from a Hong Kong seller today.

ricsi

« Reply #71 on: May 14, 2010, 12:49:53 pm »
I just recieved my A330 from a Hong Kong seller today.

Please share your findings with us.
Are the XYAB buttons on your unit as hard to press as on the sample unit of omgmog?

Did you also buy the wireless controller?

philos

« Reply #72 on: May 14, 2010, 02:24:13 pm »
The XYAB buttons are fine, but the L button got stuck the 1st time I used it.
I also have the wireless controller, in the manual it say's that the left joystick is wired to the direction control key's and the richt one is wired to the XYAB buttons and that the L1 and R1 are wired to the L and R button.

I do not own a A320 so I can not compare them, played a bit of Sega 16Bit on it and the image was not that great when I played Sonic, there where a lot of stripes in the picture when the game got "fast", also the speed of the Sega emu is about 2/3rds of the original as far as I can tell.

« Reply #73 on: May 14, 2010, 02:26:43 pm »
Is the L button fine now? Are the L/R buttons comfortable to use?

The included Sega Megadrive emulator on the A320/A330 is definitely not something you should use to gauge the machine's abilities. That's one of the worst default emulators. The default SNES is also pretty bad. You need to install Dingux and use Picodrive and SNES9x4D.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 02:40:54 pm by Jesse »

kswildside

« Reply #74 on: May 14, 2010, 02:39:55 pm »
Philos what reseller was it not trying to get them in trouble but no reseller was authorized to release the A330 yet as official reviews have not come out and public release is not due till May 17th to the 20th or later till official reviews from Tech Radar UK and ByteJacker come out.

« Reply #75 on: May 14, 2010, 02:44:30 pm »
So the final units are out?

Or did philos get one of the test units, or what's going on?

Are there any changes at all made to the final units?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 02:46:06 pm by Jesse »

ricsi

« Reply #76 on: May 14, 2010, 02:51:08 pm »
I do not own a A320 so I can not compare them, played a bit of Sega 16Bit on it and the image was not that great when I played Sonic, there where a lot of stripes in the picture when the game got "fast", also the speed of the Sega emu is about 2/3rds of the original as far as I can tell.

genesis and snes (as already pointed out) are not the strengths of the dingoo.

There is a community update for the genesis emu, which gets rid of the stripes.

You can also get the overclock utility from the dingoonity download section, and try that. (you have to hold down (and keep pressed until other app is started) y when exiting, otherwise the native OS sets back the clock to default!)
Check it by starting the overclock app again ... if done correctly it should show the same clock as before leaving.
Also please tell us what the default clock is. (some say its 400 MHz, some say it is 336 MHz - I would be glad if you could check and tell us)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 02:53:23 pm by ricsi »

grunator

« Reply #77 on: May 14, 2010, 02:57:52 pm »
Hello,

I will buy my Dingoo a330 today but i can't find any review about the controller...

On this website (http://www.consoles-mobiles.com/article-dingoo-a330-719.htm) first controller is free but second is around 16 ?...

I think pad isn't important but i don't know...Order it or not ?

philos

« Reply #78 on: May 14, 2010, 03:03:30 pm »
Philos what reseller was it not trying to get them in trouble but no reseller was authorized to release the A330 yet as official reviews have not come out and public release is not due till May 17th to the 20th or later till official reviews from Tech Radar UK and ByteJacker come out.

I bought it from toy_bar on Ebay.

philos

« Reply #79 on: May 14, 2010, 03:05:12 pm »

Also please tell us what the default clock is. (some say its 400 MHz, some say it is 336 MHz - I would be glad if you could check and tell us)

How do I do that? It's my 1st dingoo...

Post a new topic
Post a new topic