• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: Please don't use the official wall charger  (Read 56327 times)

Re: Please don't use the official wall charger
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2011, 12:42:04 am »
What are you guys talking about?

I've used the original charger that came with the Dingoo like forever. It's been left plugged in for more than a year, the charger to a surge protector I that is. No problems at all.
It never overheats when charging anything and I use it to charge many more devices than just the Dingoo, I use it to charge whatever device will charge via USB.

I bought my Dingoo in May 2009.

Well you just got a good one then. The point here is that these are cheap and the quality will vary from unit to unit. There's no denying that some chargers have destroyed their Dingoos. Better to be safe than sorry, and use a USB charger from a more consistent and reputable manufacturer.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 12:44:09 am by Jesse »

intern

« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2011, 07:30:32 am »
I bought mine in May 2009. At that time I've never heard of any issues with the included charger. So I'm guessing this only applies to chargers made some time after.

bigdavebear

« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2011, 08:50:42 pm »
As Jesse says these Dingoos are not built to the same standards that PSPs and DS's are. And so some consoles have some isues that others dont, and its all to do with build quality.

And so i guess the same hit/miss can occur with the chargers.

I only used mine 2 times and noticed it get a bit warm but not hot and my Dingoo a bit warm too.

I used my PC and PS3 to charge the Dingoo but they do take longer.

But as i said before a Motorolla Mobile/Cell Phone Charger worked fine for me, so Phones that have the same USB (B) Connection as Dingoo, you should be able to use their chargers.

Or even PS3 Pad Docking Stations.

The best way may be to get a decent quality USB charger, i got one from a popular electrical retailer and use that to charge my Dingoo and other USB devices from now on.

ergo0100

« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2011, 04:25:28 am »
I have been using the wall charger that came with my dingoo since i bought it! the charger is connected 24/7 an it have been like this for many weeks... No problem at all

Black un-pawed dingoo from thinkgeek

Sworly

« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2011, 05:50:57 pm »
Lol. I bought mine used, so it didn't include the original charger. Guess I got lucky, then.  ;D

atari_afternoon

« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2011, 07:47:55 pm »
I?d not have used it anyway. 110V is of no use here and for the price of a 110->200V changer... I got a general USB-wall charger for 6,99.- which has accompanied me to the holiday flat. Was worth the buy since it also charges any other USB charge gadget, camera, DS, GBA...

thegreendutch

« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2012, 07:37:15 pm »
well I just got mine in and I have it plugged into the wall. I'm going to watch it for a bit. I think the problem lies in within the chargers 2 piece design. Also the plug has no flare on the end and its kind of flimsy. Its probably better to plug it in a power strip to charge rather then plugging it into the wall if your not using the PC. Letting it hang off a wall seems like it only slips out and then you have a bad connection and problems. Also don't ever leave a rechargeable device plugged in more then a couple days. Some of these products will keep cooking themselves if you leave them plugged in too long.
Bubble Bobble Master

emrextreme

« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2012, 05:04:33 pm »
This topic really terrified me. I'm still waiting for my Dingoo A320 and try to learn what to do when i get it. I see that A320 uses mini-usb cable and charger as my Philips phone does. They are both 5V and wonder if i can use my phone's cable and charger instead of the stock ones. Thanks in advance.

darth_llamah

« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2012, 08:55:50 am »
This topic really terrified me. I'm still waiting for my Dingoo A320 and try to learn what to do when i get it. I see that A320 uses mini-usb cable and charger as my Philips phone does. They are both 5V and wonder if i can use my phone's cable and charger instead of the stock ones. Thanks in advance.
You can as long as your charger has USB output- I use HTC charger with a "generic" USB cable.
Messing with wires can fry your dingoo.

emrextreme

« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2012, 09:00:16 am »
Thanks, it has mini usb output that probably fits to dingoo.

darth_llamah

« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2012, 09:06:14 am »
It should. Motorola's miniUSB charger also works fine.

Post a new topic
Post a new topic