Author Topic: Newbie Needs Some Emulator Advice  (Read 3084 times)

unclemuller (OP)

Newbie Needs Some Emulator Advice
« on: January 15, 2015, 01:45:40 pm »
Hello folks,

Got a JXD S7800b for Christmas and love it. Couple of noob queries here though, so please forgive me if the questions are daft, or the answers exist elsewhere...

1) What are the best emulators for running Sega Dreamcast and Sega Mater System games on?
2) Where would I acquire such emulators?
3) Which emulator would I use for playing Arcade ROMs? Is it the FBA one? Tried installing MAME and it doesn't seem to work
4) Does anyone manufacture a decent carry case for this? or is it a case of just buying a tablet cover?
5) Is it possible to play PS2 and Nintendo Game Cube games on this? Just wondering as I assumed you could because it can play Dreamcast games

Thanks in advance!

StriderVM

Re: Newbie Needs Some Emulator Advice
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 04:19:03 pm »
1) What are the best emulators for running Sega Dreamcast and Sega Mater System games on?
2) Where would I acquire such emulators?
3) Which emulator would I use for playing Arcade ROMs? Is it the FBA one? Tried installing MAME and it doesn't seem to work
4) Does anyone manufacture a decent carry case for this? or is it a case of just buying a tablet cover?

1)There's only one decent DC emulator. It's Reicast and it's found in Google Play. GenPlus supports both Genesis and Master System ROMS.
2)They're both free in Google Play.
3)FBA and MAME works, however it is very very complicated because FBA and MAME (Even depends on what MAME emulator are you using) uses different ROM sets. The ROM you downloaded is probably intended for another MAME version.
4)In my country, basically nothing. If you can't buy the S5800 in your local cellphone store, it's near impossible to find any kind of accessories for it.
5)Sadly there's no PS2 and NGC emulators for Android.

Post a new topic
Post a new topic