• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: NATIVE A320 - ROMS NOT FOUND / WORKING ?  (Read 6019 times)

simulink (OP)

NATIVE A320 - ROMS NOT FOUND / WORKING ?
« on: March 25, 2014, 03:59:57 pm »
I recently installed "md.sim" in a folder for megadrive in the native A320 menu, same area as the GBA and other emulators that work fine..  No matter how I rename the genesis games or use sbwin, when I click in the megadrive folder it says "no file found".  Any ideas ?

I recently installed Mame4All in the native Dingoo A320 directory.  I put some really old (and known good)  mame games in the roms folder in Mame4All.  When I click on any game it says "please wait" then goes back to the list of games.  What am I doing wrong ?  Thanks for your help...

MightyJAK

• My tumblr
Re: NATIVE A320 - ROMS NOT FOUND / WORKING ?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 04:38:07 pm »
I recently installed "md.sim" in a folder for megadrive in the native A320 menu, same area as the GBA and other emulators that work fine..  No matter how I rename the genesis games or use sbwin, when I click in the megadrive folder it says "no file found".  Any ideas ?

I can think of a couple of possibilities. If you got your A320 new or from someone with no interest in the homebrew scene, it probably already had the original md.sim installed (with a different name, maybe?). So you'd have to find the original megadrive .sim and delete it.

The other possibility is you might just have to run "update jukebox" (in the music player menu) to refresh the file list and show your roms.

I recently installed Mame4All in the native Dingoo A320 directory.  I put some really old (and known good)  mame games in the roms folder in Mame4All.  When I click on any game it says "please wait" then goes back to the list of games.  What am I doing wrong ?  Thanks for your help...

Are you using the dingoo's file browser to select the roms? Mame4All is an .app, you have to open it then select a rom from it's own menu.
My machines:
GBC,GBA,GBA SP,NDS,NGPC,Panasonic FZ-10 3DO,NES,Sega Nomad,Sega CDX w/Power Base Converter,PS1,PS2,PS3,Saturn,Dreamcast,PC (Win 98, XP, 7),Dingoo A320,Dingoo A330,Gemei A330,LetCool N350JP,PAP-GAMETA,GCW-Zero SE,Kyocera Rise,2DS,GP2X-F100,GPD G7,JXD 100,JXD A1000,JXD A3300,JXD F3000,JXD V5000,JXD S7300B,Hyperkin SupaBoy

Currently playing: Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call (2DS)

simulink (OP)

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 06:30:47 pm »
Hmmm...I refreshed the jukebox, that didn't do anything.  There are a number of different .sim emulator files in the main game folder, including md.  Do I need to name the genesis roms folder something particular or put it somewhere in particular to be seen ?  I have had this unit for a while, I use it for gba and neogeo all the time, I'm just trying to expand my options

All I see in the mame4all folder on the A320 is the folders (like rome).  I dont see any of the files in the main directory or an app.  How do you launch mame ?

Thanks

MightyJAK

• My tumblr
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 06:56:33 pm »
Hmmm...I refreshed the jukebox, that didn't do anything.  There are a number of different .sim emulator files in the main game folder, including md.  Do I need to name the genesis roms folder something particular or put it somewhere in particular to be seen ?  I have had this unit for a while, I use it for gba and neogeo all the time, I'm just trying to expand my options

You should be able to name your rom folder whatever you want (Genesis, MegaDrive, Sega16bit, etc.) and have the roms show up as long as they have the correct file extensions. I think you could even have all your roms for different systems dumped in the same folder (I've never actually tried this though, and probably wouldn't try it unless I was loading up <20 or so roms).

All I see in the mame4all folder on the A320 is the folders (like rome).  I dont see any of the files in the main directory or an app.  How do you launch mame ?

Use "3D Game" to launch .app files.
My machines:
GBC,GBA,GBA SP,NDS,NGPC,Panasonic FZ-10 3DO,NES,Sega Nomad,Sega CDX w/Power Base Converter,PS1,PS2,PS3,Saturn,Dreamcast,PC (Win 98, XP, 7),Dingoo A320,Dingoo A330,Gemei A330,LetCool N350JP,PAP-GAMETA,GCW-Zero SE,Kyocera Rise,2DS,GP2X-F100,GPD G7,JXD 100,JXD A1000,JXD A3300,JXD F3000,JXD V5000,JXD S7300B,Hyperkin SupaBoy

Currently playing: Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call (2DS)

simulink (OP)

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2014, 07:12:25 pm »
OK Mame is all set - I appreciate it !

I still cant get the unit to see the megadrive files.  These files work fine on other emulation devices.  The md.sim file is in the regular "GAME" folder, and I threw a couple of roms in there as well.  These roms don't show up when I look at the GAME folder on the Dingoo.  I also created a genesis folder and have roms and the same md.sim file in there.  This folder appears as empty.  These roms all end in .smd    I'm at an impasse...

Koji-Kendo

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2014, 02:59:25 am »
Try downloading some roms from a different site then where you got those. Sometimes certain roms won't work on certain emus / handhelds for some reason. I had the same problem trying to run Famicom Disk System roms. They would work fine on my DSi, but not on my Dingoo A320. Tried a few from another site and they worked perfectly.
DA320, DTA330, DD/GA330, DMG (modded), MGB (modded), MGL, CGB (modded), GBA, GBA-SP (001 and 101 (custom) w/flashcarts), GB Micro, DS Lite, DSi (custom), 3DS, 3DS-XL (all  w/ flashcarts), PSP (modded), WonderSwan, NeoGeo Pocket Color...PS1, 2, 3 and 4...

simulink (OP)

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2014, 07:01:03 pm »
I got these issues straightened out.  I have 2 A320s, so I copied the folders and configuration files from the old one to the new one, and this seems to have straightened out the Genesis problem.  Plus I used the app to rename the genesis files instead of manually renaming them.   Mame is working OK, I like it better on Dingux.

Is there any way to enter cheats on the MVS / Neo Geo emulator.  These games don't run on Mame on the A320.  I have the universal bios but it doesn't seem to matter where I put it.  When I go to select bios, the universal one is never on the list.  I tried using Alpha Burn on dingux but the games wont start.  The same games work fine on the native dingoo side (without cheats).  Thanks for your help...

Post a new topic
Post a new topic