• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: Mini Arcade Cab - DIY Guide included (Youtube Vid inside)  (Read 58648 times)

abstauber

Re: Mini Arcade Cab - DIY Guide included (Youtube Vid inside)
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2011, 08:55:51 am »
Glad to hear that your project is still going on :)

I bought most of my electronic stuff here: http://www.conrad.com/, although I could have easily bought at a local store. The part number of the voltage converter is: 19100 (just enter it in the search field)

Extending the usb was pretty easy, since I just bought this genderchanger: Neutrik NAUSB-W-B. So you simply plug in a standard mini-usb cable and connect that to the dingoo.
I bought my converter (and all other arcade parts) at http://www.arcadeshop.de

For preventing the usb-connection "charge" the converter, I applied two protection diodes. I don't exactly know which one it was, but it could be a 1 N 4001 I=1A U=50V.
You can also order that one from conrad.com.

As for the soldering I haven't made any guides, but it's pretty straight forward. Just google for some joypad hacking guides, it's almost the same deal. All buttons are connected to the same ground, which makes it pretty easy.

ace9094

« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2011, 09:23:38 am »
Thanks for the reply....

I sourced the arcade stick and buttond form arcadeshop.de ;)

I am looking into the power converter next, now I have the part number that will help a lot...  :)

Then onwards and upwards....

I looked at the USB plug http://www.neutrik.com/us/en/misc/210_t2_987072893/NAUSB-W-B_detail.aspx but I am not sure what it is for.

The biggest problem I have is i know NOTHING about electronics or where i put the voltage converters for the screen and dingoo.

What it the thing I connect to the dingoo usb to stop it going into charge mode?

Sorry I have lots of questions, Its because i do not understand what im doing...
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 01:48:02 pm by ace9094 »
Dingoo A320, GCW0, RS-97 x2, Revo-K101, RS-90, PSP, GameGadget, New 3DS 128GB, PS Vita 200GB, RS-45, Gamebox Advance and a few other obscure devices

slimdan22

« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2011, 05:18:05 pm »
Awesome Build!!

I plan on making one of these for my girlfriend for christmas!

I was planning on getting a pico-itx board, but stumbled upon your build and changed my plans

Just bought the LCD, bought an portable RCA 5" TV with composite input, hopefully the colors are good, TV is from 2004, good deal though, since it is useless due to overtheair signals in the U.S. being digital now.

Anyways, i use sketch-up constantly, would it be possible to for you to upload the sketchup file or even the dimensions of the cabinet,   you can even upload it to the Google Sketchup warehouse if that makes it easier for you
http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/

Thanks in advance!!

Again, really awesome project  :)

ace9094

« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2012, 07:47:38 pm »
Hi there,

me again.... im stick at the following part...

Voltage Transformer.

QUOTE: It's infinitely variable from 3 to 24 V and will be the Dingoo's battery replacement. I also used two protector diodes to prevent the transformer from being charged by an USB connection. So I set this transformer to 5v (the two diodes reduced the power by 2V)

What should I connect it too?
What should I connect the diodes too?

Thanks
Dingoo A320, GCW0, RS-97 x2, Revo-K101, RS-90, PSP, GameGadget, New 3DS 128GB, PS Vita 200GB, RS-45, Gamebox Advance and a few other obscure devices

abstauber

« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2012, 06:16:11 pm »
Hey Ace, sorry for the ultra late reply. I hope this diagram makes it up a bit.

ace9094

« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2012, 11:22:35 pm »
abstauber,

Thanks for the reply, That does helps loads... It makes more sense to actually see it in a diagram...

I will post my progress :)

Thanks again I really appreciate it

Post a new topic