Author Topic: Dingoo A320 keeps switching itself on.  (Read 4475 times)

lemmywinks (OP)

Dingoo A320 keeps switching itself on.
« on: November 24, 2013, 09:30:58 pm »
Went to use my A320 today after a few weeks of not using it and the battery was dead, I charged it up and started playing but when I switched it off it just switched itself back on again! Happens every time I do this, in native firmware using the hard power off and also in OD with the Power Off icon. Have pressed the reset button and this didn't help.

I took the back off and removed the plastic switch but it still happens.

Any ideas? I'm guessing the switch is goosed but wondered if anyone had experienced this before and maybe fixed it.
Handhelds:
GPD Win, GPD XD 64gb, PlayGo, RS-90, 3DS XL, DSi XL, GBA SP, GBBC Clone, Gameboy Pocket c/w screen mod, PSP Go
PC:
ASUS TUF, Medion Erazer, Toshiba Z20t, Dell Mini 9, Psion 5MX, Toshiba 3480ct
Tons of other old laptops and tablets.....

pcercuei

• My devblog
Re: Dingoo A320 keeps switching itself on.
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 10:43:03 pm »
Do you leave it powered via USB? It won't shutdown if it's powered.

lemmywinks (OP)

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2013, 11:12:38 pm »
No I charged it fully before using it and then unplugged it, it does this without being plugged into a power source. The behaviour is exactly the same as when you power off while plugged in though, shuts down the botts straight up again.

I tried powering off then quickly putting the power switch on hold just in case the switch wasn't centred properly and was constantly in the "on" position but it still reboots. Have also tried connecting itto my laptop and trying again - same thing. Weird!
Handhelds:
GPD Win, GPD XD 64gb, PlayGo, RS-90, 3DS XL, DSi XL, GBA SP, GBBC Clone, Gameboy Pocket c/w screen mod, PSP Go
PC:

pcercuei

• My devblog
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2013, 11:43:06 pm »
Well thanksfully OpenDingux has the suspend feature, you could use that to save the battery.

lemmywinks (OP)

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 09:11:43 am »
I hadn't thought of that, thanks. In truth I don't actually use the A320 much any more but it's still a nice little console which has worked perfectly since I had it, I'm a little bit gutted that it now has a fault.

It still plays games ok so could be worse I suppose.
Handhelds:
PC:

lemmywinks (OP)

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2015, 09:59:06 pm »
Ok so necrothread revival but maybe this is of use to someone.

Found a replacement switch salvaged from an old faulty mp4 player (generic Chinese tat) which is identical and still fully functional. Spend a while desoldering the old switch, cleaning contacts and fitting the new one. End result - the Dingoo still reboots instead of powering off.

So it looks like it isn't a faulty switch at all causing this, anybody got any ideas as to what might be wrong with it? I've resoldered the battery contacts and there doesn't look to be anything shorting on the board.
Handhelds:
PC:

Post a new topic
Post a new topic