• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: Broken Dingoo A320 help needed  (Read 3615 times)

TronTreez (OP)

Broken Dingoo A320 help needed
« on: January 30, 2015, 03:05:11 pm »
Hi my brother dropped my beloved Dingoo A320 a while back and it hasn't worked since. Just wondering if I can get some advice on where to start to try for a repair. There is no obvious damage to the board except for one black wire attaching to the speaker has become detached. The unit is non-functional when using the battery but when connected via USB to a PC the screen back light will come and pressing the reset button will cause the unit to power-cycle. There's no sound and the PC doesn't recognize the Dingoo as a particular drive.

I have a multimeter, soldering iron and isoproyl spray. Any ideas where to start ? How can I safely test the battery?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Tron

TronTreez (OP)

Re: Broken Dingoo A320 help needed
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 03:40:58 pm »
So I got bored waiting for a reply and did a little continuity testing on my Dingoo A320 board. I got some beeps from the multimeter and the screen flickered a little. My PC registered the hardware for a second then it disappeared. Then when trying a little more I got a power surge warning on my USB drive from the PC  ::) I think I'm going to have to wait for some expert advice before I electrocute myself or something.

Mayor Dewey

Re: Broken Dingoo A320 help needed
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 01:05:00 pm »
Hi there, I broke my dingoo in high school and repaired its WSOD recently.

1.If the battery has broken loose from the board you should see a point where it attached to the board via a solder point.
2.You can bridge these connections to repair it or you can resolder the ferrite copper coil that was originally there.

Post a new topic