Author Topic: USB mode freezing when disconnected  (Read 6611 times)

VampireSlug (OP)

• Vampire Slugs Deviant Art page
USB mode freezing when disconnected
« on: August 23, 2010, 03:56:57 pm »
Just recently, whenever I disconnect the USB cable the system goes through it's list of files and the says "Finsihed updating" with the progress bar at 50% and just sits there.  This is new since adding the latest Speccy emu... could this be a coincidence?  Anyone else ever see this?  I'm running the Dingoo-digital 1.03TD-3 FW and have been since day one with this unit (black pawprint A320).
"The Earth starts to rumble, world powers fall. A 'warring for the heavens, a peaceful man stands tall...." - Mustaine. ?1992 Screen Gems/EMI

Skyline969

Re: USB mode freezing when disconnected
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 04:05:20 pm »
Maybe it could be from one of the files in Speccy. Did you try removing it to see if that fixed the problem? Also, that custom firmware is pretty outdated. Try upgrading to the 1.20 Dingoonity Custom Firmware and see if that fixes your problem.

joyrider

• Willems Soft
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 04:10:37 pm »
either remove your sd card when doing so, or fix the filesystem this happens mostly due to the filesystem on the sd card being borked !

Simple solution = remove sd card before using usb and / or update files on the sd card directly on the pc (using a cardreader) and not through the dingoo

Reason = native firmware will loop through all files EVERY time you use the usb connection to check for new files even if you didn't change a thing it will still loop through them all, files on sd card included !

VampireSlug (OP)

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2010, 04:20:20 pm »
either remove your sd card when doing so, or fix the filesystem this happens mostly due to the filesystem on the sd card being borked !

Simple solution = remove sd card before using usb and / or update files on the sd card directly on the pc (using a cardreader) and not through the dingoo

Reason = native firmware will loop through all files EVERY time you use the usb connection to check for new files even if you didn't change a thing it will still loop through them all, files on sd card included !

I, unfortunately, don't have an SD card...  thanks though.
"The Earth starts to rumble, world powers fall. A 'warring for the heavens, a peaceful man stands tall...." - Mustaine. ?1992 Screen Gems/EMI

VampireSlug (OP)

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2010, 04:22:06 pm »
Maybe it could be from one of the files in Speccy. Did you try removing it to see if that fixed the problem? Also, that custom firmware is pretty outdated. Try upgrading to the 1.20 Dingoonity Custom Firmware and see if that fixes your problem.

Thanks for the info... I'll try to remove the Speccy files then I'll update the firmware.  Thanks again :)

VampireSlug (OP)

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2010, 06:25:28 pm »
Well, I grabbed FW 1.2a and went through the painful process of backing up everything then flashing then putting everything back and now everything works fine!  Even the Speccy emu works now that I can finish updating after USB so the file associations get set correctly.  Thanks everyone for all of the help and advice.