• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: Mac OS 9 theme  (Read 11661 times)

VampireSlug (OP)

• Vampire Slugs Deviant Art page
Mac OS 9 theme
« on: August 19, 2010, 11:37:19 am »
I've been skinning for the GP2X for years, both the firmware and Gmenu2X but this is my first attempt at a Dingoo theme... holy cow, it was a lot of work.  This requires a custom firmware so you can see the system folder - pop the folders under \system\res, choose theme one, change the text to black and you're up an running.  

It's a total conversion so the only graphics I left untouched are ones I either couldn't see (like the pedometer stuff) or stuff I couldn't find (like the chinese text when viewing the Album/Artists/etc screens).  I worked really hard on this and hope everyone enjoys it, feedback is always welcome.

The download is here - http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/dingoo.cgi?0,0,0,0,50,397

* The screenshot is a mockup... is there a way to take screenshots from within the Dingoo native OS?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 11:42:59 am by VampireSlug »
"The Earth starts to rumble, world powers fall. A 'warring for the heavens, a peaceful man stands tall...." - Mustaine. ?1992 Screen Gems/EMI

darfgarf

Re: Mac OS 9 theme
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 03:38:56 pm »
 :D  i hate to say it but that looks really good

though you could've just scraped together something for gmenu2x :P

VampireSlug (OP)

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 04:35:18 pm »
:D  i hate to say it but that looks really good

though you could've just scraped together something for gmenu2x :P

Thanks!

I made a MacOS9 theme for Gmenu2X (along with Win 3.1, Win XP, Gnome, BeOS, and others) but as I have no mini SD I can't run anything other than the native OS :( 

I have a package of all seven Operating system themes I've done for Gmenu in the Gmenu2X section here:

http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/gp2x.cgi?0,0,0,0,61,2489
"The Earth starts to rumble, world powers fall. A 'warring for the heavens, a peaceful man stands tall...." - Mustaine. ?1992 Screen Gems/EMI

darfgarf

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 05:49:55 pm »
A microsd with adapters is less than a tenner from amazon :p

VampireSlug (OP)

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 07:09:26 pm »
A microsd with adapters is less than a tenner from amazon :p

I have a $25 gift card from BestBuy but they don't carry miniSD :(  I'll probably wind up getting the 4GB "mobility kit" I saw somewhere - micro to mini to SD all in one package, not too shabby.

In the meantime I see that GP2X Gmenu formats differ quite a bit from Dingoo Gmenu so I have some conversion work ahead of me.  Sigh.

eule

• * Former Staff
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2010, 08:02:32 pm »
Well, your OS skinpack works quite good on my Dingoo, love it!  :D

VampireSlug (OP)

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2010, 10:17:53 am »
Well, your OS skinpack works quite good on my Dingoo, love it!  :D

Cool, thanks!  I'm going to be slowly updating my themes to be more tailored to the Dingoo...

Everett

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2010, 11:47:31 am »
I don't know if I'm the only one who has this problem but the theme seems to be broken when browsing stuff like the settings or files under the emulator/app menus

xdpirate

• * Former Staff
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2010, 03:41:08 pm »

Those are teh hawt. Using WinXP one now. Hell yes!

I've been skinning for the GP2X for years
How about making me a Win7 theme? >:3
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 04:02:09 pm by xdpirate »

Post a new topic