• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: hope for a clock on native OS  (Read 3404 times)

madhatter

hope for a clock on native OS
« on: July 06, 2010, 02:52:28 am »
 is there any possibilty for a clock on the dingoos native os? when saving states in games it saves the time with it (always wrong for me, it says november) i dont know if this means there is some functionality of a clock in the firmware and just not way to get to it or what. but a simple digital display next to the battery would be great. could any dev out there enlighten me on the subject?

xdpirate

• * Former Staff
Re: hope for a clock on native OS
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 06:00:01 am »
First of all, we couldn't change it if we wanted, the source code for the native firmware is closed.

Secondly, the native firmware includes only unfinished drivers for the real-time clock unit, and resets it to some time in 1970 each time it is booted. So until/if Dingoo Digital decides to fix their RTC drivers, you won't see any clock on native.

(PS.: The November date you're seeing is the build date of the emulator, not the current time. Files created by the native firmware will be created without a timestamp, and when inserted to Vista/7, it will detect this and offer you to "scan and fix" the bad timestamps. Annoying, but it will happen each time you battery save or save state, or change any file in any way).

flatmush

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 05:12:02 pm »
It is possible, but very difficult to do. I looked for an easy way but I can't find where the source modifies the RTC, the best bet would be to patch some assembler to protect the RTC using the MMU, or to copy the value and rewrite it after the OS has crapped all over it. This would however require someone with more time and determination than I currently have.

madhatter

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2010, 08:05:02 pm »
thanks for the information. so it seems like the right response is to just sit on our hands until the sorce code gets released or a genius with alot of free time comes along

Post a new topic
Post a new topic