Author Topic: Guide - Flashing custom firmwares to your Dingoo  (Read 97118 times)

evilronald

Re: Guide - Flashing custom firmwares to your Dingoo
« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2009, 02:16:02 am »
cheers dude, this got me out of a sticky situation after i bricked my dingoo...erm by switching it on! ???, anyhow, all fixed now lol  ;D

woooozzaa

« Reply #41 on: December 25, 2009, 03:26:06 pm »
Thanks for taking the time to write this easy tutorial. Was there any more tests tried on the firmware? Like shuffling the menu around (ex: adding sub-menus for each emu) getting rid of those white lines in the lists etc. ? Might work on some themes to contribute to the scene a little  :).

EDIT: *mod edit, moved to right topic*
« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 01:34:32 am by omgmog »

omgmog (OP)

• * Administrator
  • Doesn't sleep.
    • omgmog.net
« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2009, 01:36:18 am »
From what I could tell there isn't anyway to physically move/add/remove the menu entries, just change the strings that are displayed.

If you look in my Dingoonity Custom Firmware topic though, you will see that I've made a version with a relocated /Game/ directory -- moved to the miniSD instead of internal flash.

So that's one kind of mod you can do.

You could also sort your roms/games into subdirectories for a bit more structure, but that's about it

dingoomom

« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2009, 09:24:53 pm »
As someone who is totally new to this emulator world, I found this post very helpful. I have 2 questions that I think it would be helpful if they were addressed.

1. When going into the system diagnostics to see which LCD version I have, I did not know how to get out of it. I just did a reset.

2. When using the patch for themes, the instructions say the a system directory is generated and needs to be moved to the root of the Dingoo. Where is this directory found after it is generated?

In my first attempt, I tried to skip dealing with the system directory hoping to do it another time. Unfortunately I just bricked the unit. Hitting reset while holding B unfroze it and I flashed an unedited hxf file. The Dingoo is happy once again (and so is my son!)

Thanks for a great tutorial!

ETA: for some reason the a320.hxf file was not on the dingoo. The first time I connected to the computer, it finished the update and closed the connection to the computer. The second time I connected to the computer, it was visible to the computer and I just copied the a320 file from the computer to the dingoo, then restarted the dingoo while holding the d-pad "down" key. It is now recognizable again.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 09:46:21 pm by dingoomom »

omgmog (OP)

• * Administrator
  • Doesn't sleep.
    • omgmog.net
« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2009, 12:29:47 am »
As someone who is totally new to this emulator world, I found this post very helpful. I have 2 questions that I think it would be helpful if they were addressed.

1. When going into the system diagnostics to see which LCD version I have, I did not know how to get out of it. I just did a reset.

2. When using the patch for themes, the instructions say the a system directory is generated and needs to be moved to the root of the Dingoo. Where is this directory found after it is generated?

In my first attempt, I tried to skip dealing with the system directory hoping to do it another time. Unfortunately I just bricked the unit. Hitting reset while holding B unfroze it and I flashed an unedited hxf file. The Dingoo is happy once again (and so is my son!)

Thanks for a great tutorial!

ETA: for some reason the a320.hxf file was not on the dingoo. The first time I connected to the computer, it finished the update and closed the connection to the computer. The second time I connected to the computer, it was visible to the computer and I just copied the a320 file from the computer to the dingoo, then restarted the dingoo while holding the d-pad "down" key. It is now recognizable again.

Hi there,
Thanks for the feedback on the tutorial, now in response to your questions:

1 - Pressing B should get you out of the diagnostics screen, that's the usual button behaviour to go "back to the previous screen" on the Dingoo firmware
2 - Hxftool will generate a folder alongside the exe that you launched, inside that will be the "SYSTEM" directory.
  --- a note here, by flashing a custom hxf and forgetting to put the "SYSTEM" directory onto your Dingoo you haven't actually bricked it. You should still be able to boot into usb mode (boot+b) and then copy the "SYSTEM" directory over to the flash, without having to restore an untouched a320.hxf

I hope that helps,
Max

mysonic

« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2010, 04:14:23 pm »
The burning procedure has finished, but my dingoo can't boot.

Are there any other boot config files available?

Could anyone help me?

omgmog (OP)

• * Administrator
  • Doesn't sleep.
    • omgmog.net
« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2010, 07:54:16 pm »
Hi mysonic,
I'm going to need some more detail to be able to help you

- what did you try to flash (if your own custom firmware, what did you change?)
 - what kind of Dingoo do you have?
 - which LCD controller does your Dingoo have, did you select the right bootfile?

willer

« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2010, 08:49:53 pm »
Dear omgmog, could you please add a reminder for absent-minded ppl (such as myself) to copy over the system directory right after this part:
Code: [Select]
If you're currently using a firmware version lower than the version you've modified, you can do this quite simply by putting your modified firmware on to the root of your Dingoo's internal memory, named as 'a320.hxf', and booting the Dingoo while holding down on the d-pad. This should start the updater, and flash your firmware.
And now for some heavy unbricking..  8) Many thanks!

santino

« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2010, 08:34:40 pm »
I dont know if everybody already knows this:

You dont need to use the Flashertool if you dingoo isnt bricked. If the dingoo says "same firmware version" there is a standard firmware which is always flashable, so you can downgrade and flash another customfirmware again. This keeps your files on the dingoo and the dingux bootloader, too. :)
If someone needs that hxf I would upload it.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 01:01:24 pm by santino »

travers114

« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2010, 03:18:31 am »
I dont know if everybody already knows this:

You dont need to use the Flashertool if you dingoo isnt bricked. If the dingoo says "same firmware version" there is a standard firmware which is always flashable, so you can downgrade and flash another customfirmware again. This keeps your files on the dingoo and the dingux bootloader, too. :)
If someone needs that hfx I would upload it.

I would love that!!  :o
I can't flash to the same version because I have W7 64bit and the driver doesn't work to allow me to flash.  But if you were to post that, I wouldn't even need the drivers!  :D

santino

« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2010, 01:21:55 pm »
Okay here it is:

Download Downgrade HXF

I dont know if it works with every dingoo on every firmware, but it worked two time with my pawed one and the 1.20pof. :)

travers114

« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2010, 01:14:40 am »
Okay here it is:

Download Downgrade HXF

I dont know if it works with every dingoo on every firmware, but it worked two time with my pawed one and the 1.20pof. :)

Thanks so much!  It worked for me, and I would recommend it to others, it's much simpler than flashing!  The only thing is I think I saved the logon screen at 24bit or something, so now I'll have to find a 32bit XP machine to fix it as it wont get past the boot screen!  ;D

Oh well, I have an old one kicking around somewhere... ::)

travers114

« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2010, 05:30:51 am »
I do have a question though... How do I know what model # mine is?

eule

• * Former Staff
« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2010, 02:44:03 pm »
There should be a serial right to the left speaker. If it ends with HK, you have a HK unit.  :)

blastyrant

« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2010, 05:43:40 am »
There should be a serial right to the left speaker. If it ends with HK, you have a HK unit.  :)

i've been told by more than a few distributers in the past few days that not all dingoos have a serial number on them.

classicparty

« Reply #55 on: June 01, 2010, 07:38:23 am »
Hello. I'd like to modify my boot screen but the package I downloaded from the link on page 1 can't be opened. Would anybody please help me out?

speak2me

« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2010, 04:27:38 pm »
i cant download the all-in-one package

Father

« Reply #57 on: October 02, 2010, 07:22:58 pm »
Maybe said before, but my dingoo start flashing only when pressing "down" + "B", after clicking sound on boot.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 07:25:11 pm by Father »

knox777

« Reply #58 on: November 08, 2010, 03:10:26 am »
I got a problem here trying to unload the TD-1.03 Custom Firmware on my Dingoo.  Whenever I use the flashing tool it recognizes the drivers for it, but whenever it's writing the firmware, it automatically cuts the USB connection off and bricks the Dingoo with a striped screen.  I keep connecting it over and over again, but it does the same thing. I even tried doing this with the unbricker tool and it does the same thing.  I had the 1.20 official firmware on it before, so I don't know if this has to do with anything.

Sid_Icarus

« Reply #59 on: November 19, 2010, 12:15:36 am »
Can you please re-upload the Dingoo firmware flashing files.zip ??