• RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: Fonts?  (Read 7307 times)

RONIN

Fonts?
« on: May 21, 2010, 07:56:09 pm »
Has anyone been able to figure out how the fonts worked. Ive created my own theme but the fonts for the main menu just look horrible. As lazy as I am I thought I'd ask first before trying to tackle this.

RONIN

Re: Fonts?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 10:08:16 am »
well the file type .bmf seems to be obsolete. I couldn't find a program that would open them as the newer version don't support the file type any more. From what I did find find out about it though is that it works by piecing together dots to form a letter so even if we were figure this out its unlikely we could make it look better.

omgmog

• * Administrator
  • Doesn't sleep.
    • omgmog.net
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 03:25:09 pm »
Maybe this will work, the VX747 uses the same hxf firmware type as the Dingoo, so I imagine the BMFFontGen tool linked at the bottom of the page should work

http://www.mp4nation.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=25382#p25382

RONIN

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2010, 01:07:04 am »
My anti-virus says it's a trojan :-\

omgmog

• * Administrator
  • Doesn't sleep.
    • omgmog.net
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2010, 07:59:41 am »
I had no problems with it here - -maybe it's a false positive?

Everett

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2010, 09:43:17 pm »
I have tried the utility and:

1) It works
2) it takes some work to figure out which sizes will be appropriate for the handheld as you have to input both the height and width before you generate the bmf file
3) It can only handle unicode fonts (such as ms gothic in windows) while non-unicode fonts (such as system, from the same OS) will not show correctly (the wrong letters will be shown, for exemple Ls being replaced with Ks)
4) It uses six encodings linked to the unicode fonts to generate its file. here they are in order: GB2312, GBK, BIG5, JIS, KSC and ASCII. This is important as the fonts in the fonts directory on the handheld has bmf fonts for most of these encodings, and choosing the wrong encoding for your selected font (for exemple, generating a BIG5 font to use as an ASCII font) will make the text garbled on the handheld.

Post a new topic