• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: Dingoonity custom firmware 1.2  (Read 84256 times)

omgmog (OP)

• * Administrator
  • Doesn't sleep.
    • omgmog.net
Re: Dingoonity custom firmware 1.2
« Reply #60 on: January 06, 2010, 10:30:47 pm »
I'm pretty sure there was never such an option to remove menu sounds :P

All you can edit in the firmware are strings and images, and ofcourse with hex editing paths, but nothing to do with sound.

:P

Mateogodlike

« Reply #61 on: February 11, 2010, 03:58:07 am »
thanks works great.

Berticus

« Reply #62 on: February 14, 2010, 05:51:02 am »
It hangs at the bootscreen, but when I try to connect to PC (linux and Windows XP), nothing shows up. I can't even get linux to recognize something has been plugged in (/dev/disk/by-id doesn't show usb-ChinaChip-etc). I put it in rockbox mode to unbrick, but Windows XP isn't recognizing it anymore.

omgmog (OP)

• * Administrator
  • Doesn't sleep.
    • omgmog.net
« Reply #63 on: February 14, 2010, 11:38:36 am »
It hangs at the bootscreen, but when I try to connect to PC (linux and Windows XP), nothing shows up. I can't even get linux to recognize something has been plugged in (/dev/disk/by-id doesn't show usb-ChinaChip-etc). I put it in rockbox mode to unbrick, but Windows XP isn't recognizing it anymore.

Sounds like you forgot to copy the /SYSTEM/ directory over.

Boot the Dingoo while holding B to access flashing mode, then mount it (it would be picked up as a regular usb drive in Windows XP, not sure about Linux), and then copy the /SYSTEM/ directory over.

http://boards.dingoonity.org/dingoo-hacks/guide-flashing-custom-firmwares-to-your-dingoo/

Berticus

« Reply #64 on: February 14, 2010, 05:56:37 pm »
No, I did put the system folder in there.

I tried both drivers in Windows, but neither of them allowed me to access it. The Chinachip  USB Loader brought up the device removal tool icon, but in explorer, I couldn't access it. So I couldn't simply recopy the system folder over.

Reflashed using the guide. It didn't help. It seems the dingoonity firmware doesn't work :( Had to reflash with the pof firmware.

pmo

« Reply #65 on: April 25, 2010, 10:37:36 pm »
I updated both 1.2a and 1.2b with english set to default language, auto shutdown set to 1 hour and brigthness set to 3.

1.2a download link:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2685562/Dingoonity%201.2a.zip

1.2b download link:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2685562/Dingoonity%201.2b.zip

Enjoy :)

jweck

« Reply #66 on: May 04, 2010, 02:18:32 pm »
Thanks for sharing pmo. This is highly appreicated!  ;)

Tabaluga_FX

« Reply #67 on: May 14, 2010, 06:09:51 pm »
HELP HELP

Dear omgmog,
Dear pmo,

as first a big thanks for your dingoonity firmware 1.2b. But I have a big problem with the neogeo test switch enabled emu while using your firmware.

Every time I want to start my neogeo games the emulator shows the following error message: "BIOS not found" but the neogeo.zip is the Dingoo shipped one and is located inside the GAME folder too.

After i created onto the internal memory another GAME folder and copy the neogeo.zip file inside this location everything works fine. Even the emulator created the MVS folder onto this internal memory GAME folder.

So could you please fix this - or is this a problem of the neogeo emulator?

best regards

omgmog (OP)

• * Administrator
  • Doesn't sleep.
    • omgmog.net
« Reply #68 on: May 14, 2010, 06:17:47 pm »
I think that would be a problem with the NEOGEO emulator.

Try putting your Neogeo.zip into /Game/ on the internal memory instead of the memory card

HELP HELP

Dear omgmog,
Dear pmo,

as first a big thanks for your dingoonity firmware 1.2b. But I have a big problem with the neogeo test switch enabled emu while using your firmware.

Every time I want to start my neogeo games the emulator shows the following error message: "BIOS not found" but the neogeo.zip is the Dingoo shipped one and is located inside the GAME folder too.

After i created onto the internal memory another GAME folder and copy the neogeo.zip file inside this location everything works fine. Even the emulator created the MVS folder onto this internal memory GAME folder.

So could you please fix this - or is this a problem of the neogeo emulator?

best regards

classicparty

« Reply #69 on: May 31, 2010, 08:14:55 am »
Since I don't want to place the /GAME directory in sd card, I decided to have the version 1.20a and it now works perfectly. Thanks for sharing.

For your information, my dingoo is using the old 9325 LCD module.

madhatter

« Reply #70 on: June 28, 2010, 07:00:02 pm »
omgomg, could you post the themes that came with this rom?

evertonsteve

« Reply #71 on: September 04, 2010, 07:52:54 pm »
thanx

olio

« Reply #72 on: September 09, 2010, 02:58:27 pm »
i can use this with a330?

darfgarf

« Reply #73 on: September 09, 2010, 03:00:21 pm »
should be able to, don't think anyone's really tried much, as only dingux uses the extra ram on the 330, native doesn't

ZOMBIE_FETUS

« Reply #74 on: December 18, 2010, 08:28:19 pm »
Is the Dingoonity Firmware better than Custom Firmware v1.20-pof?

koci

« Reply #75 on: April 07, 2011, 05:57:37 pm »
Hi there!
Thanks for the firmwire, it is much better, but i've got one question. My memory card has much less free space than internal memory of dingoo, so i prefer to have games folder there.
Can I change it somehow?

omgmog (OP)

• * Administrator
  • Doesn't sleep.
    • omgmog.net
« Reply #76 on: April 11, 2011, 06:01:46 pm »
Hi there!
Thanks for the firmwire, it is much better, but i've got one question. My memory card has much less free space than internal memory of dingoo, so i prefer to have games folder there.
Can I change it somehow?

1.2a has /GAME/ on the internal NAND memory
1.2b has /GAME/ on the SD card

Is the Dingoonity Firmware better than Custom Firmware v1.20-pof?

I'd say yes, but I'm quite biased as I made this :p This has a complete English translation and some tweaks for /GAME/ folder location.

Should work fine with the a330, probably best if you use the flasher tool and make sure you select the correct screen type (9331)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 06:04:40 pm by omgmog »

mhobbit

« Reply #77 on: May 08, 2011, 11:29:36 pm »
I can't update, i think that im doing everything right but it doesnt update the firmware after i boot pressing the down button at the d-pad. =(

Please help me.

a330boy

« Reply #78 on: June 21, 2011, 01:57:49 am »
By default, if the Dingoo thinks you are trying to flash with the "same" version (and to it, 1.20 custom is the same as 1.20 official for instance since both are 1.20) it won't flash.  As the original post says, you can use the unbricker tool -- just be warned that the unbricker will erase all files stored in the internal memory (not any memory cards.)  However, it seems like this tool worked for me at least.

@omgmog, I wonder if there's any chance we might ever get versions of this firmware with the CPU clock set higher on startup?  Dealing with external overclocking applications can be something of a pain at times IMO (Especially since it seems like many of us must do this mess to get it to actually work even with this custom firmware -- just ridiculous to have to do all that IMO.  To see what I mean, try his suggestion of underclocking down to 200MHz.  If it's underclocked, the menus will run HORRIBLY.  If you don't trick it like in that suggestion, you'll see the menus continue to run full speed.)  I really like the idea of it starting up at full speed (eg 400MHz, or perhaps that's actually 396MHz?) without requiring one to manually "overclock" it every single time.  I can imagine some people might even enjoy it starting at 430MHz by default to actually overclock (but I personally prefer to keep it running at its native speed and only ever use 430MHz if I absolutely need it, just to preserve the CPU's lifetime as much as possible.)  From what I hear, it really doesn't affect battery lifetime all that much to be constantly running at 400MHz (more around 6 hours versus 7,) it just pushes the CPU a bit more (more heat.)  Not a problem for many people.  Plus I've even moved the battery and put on a heat spreader as per this thread so I'm not terribly concerned about the CPU running at its rated speed long term.  This is one of the biggest things I've been missing from all recent firmwares.  A long time ago we had some that had overclocking built in, but since then for some odd reason there not even one has come out with it and I can't find any info or tools to modify the firmware to do this.

I've heard that the only reason they don't do this anymore is because it breaks the TV output?  I don't even use the TV output and you can find many others who don't as well.  Of course, this should be optional.  A separate version just for a higher clock on startup would be welcomed.  Even if only a 400MHz version were offered since the 430MHz version isn't always stable would make a lot of people happier I think.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 03:13:55 am by a330boy »

Brodiaga

• Tout pour la Dingoo A320 - Le retrogaming entre vos mains
« Reply #79 on: August 29, 2011, 10:46:50 pm »
Hi!
How you have patched for relocated folder Game in SD card please?

Post a new topic
Post a new topic