• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: Which dingoo should I get?  (Read 7579 times)

sadger (OP)

Which dingoo should I get?
« on: April 14, 2013, 09:28:35 pm »
Hi

I am new to this board so hello!
I am looking for a handheld console to emulate mostly SNES and GBC/GBA games,
How good is the dingoo support for emulating these types of games straight out of the box?
Also which version of the dingoo will be most appropriate for my needs?
Will i be expected to fiddle around with things to get most games working?

If I posted this in the wrong place please move it to the appropriate section.

Thanks,

Sadger  :)

hi-ban

Re: Which dingoo should I get?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 05:14:26 pm »
The dingoo does it good with GB/GBA games, but it is not that good at SNES. (has a 336mhz cpu which is not enough for SNES) Plus, it's not manufactured anymore.

You should wait to the GCW Zero. It should be available to buy in a month or so.

Yertle

• !
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 05:30:04 pm »
The dingoo does it good with GB/GBA games, but it is not that good at SNES. (has a 336mhz cpu which is not enough for SNES) Plus, it's not manufactured anymore.

You should wait to the GCW Zero. It should be available to buy in a month or so.

In a month or so.... HAHAHAHA! I'd bet on the latter! The GCW Zero won't even be in the United Stated until a month and that is if there are no more delays. And then they all have to be flashed and tested. And then all of the SE's and the Kickstarter units have to be sent out before being sold for retail. If I were you I would go with a JXD S602. Much less drama surrounding that unit.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 05:42:35 pm by Yertle »

sadger (OP)

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 08:28:46 pm »
Thanks for your replies.

I'm particularly interested in an open linux handheld rather than simply an android one.

Perhaps  I will wait for the gcw zero even if it takes a little while to come out.

I guess I will have to manage until then unless anyone has better ideas :)

Yertle

• !
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 08:43:47 pm »
I'm sure the Zero will be great but it's going to be a while before it is available to the public.

hi-ban

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2013, 12:11:59 pm »
The dingoo a320 is not produced anymore since a long time, so it's almost impossible to find a new one.

The a320e and a380 have very little support (not compatible with a320 software), and their screen has an awful aspect ratio.

The GPH consoles are not produced anymore since a long time, so they are also very difficult to find.

Letcool and  gamegadget are crap.

The best choices nowadays are the Pandora and the GCW Zero.

Trevor Belomont

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2013, 07:02:48 pm »
Amazon still has a few new A320s at $89 free ship.

http://www.amazon.com/Dingoo-Digitial-Emulator-Console-silicon/dp/B001UX9XF4/ref=sr_1_1?m=A37G8KTGKWF5I4&s=merchant-items&ie=UTF8&qid=1366221542&sr=1-1&keywords=dingoo+a320

Beats paying $100 or more, but yeah, I really did have a hard time finding them.
Everyone else who sold them for cheaper is sold out.

There was 1 on ebay.

Looks like people are holding onto theirs for the most part.

Think these will become a "collector's item"...?

Jutleys

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2013, 01:34:09 pm »
The dingoo a320 is not produced anymore since a long time, so it's almost impossible to find a new one.

The a320e and a380 have very little support (not compatible with a320 software), and their screen has an awful aspect ratio.

The GPH consoles are not produced anymore since a long time, so they are also very difficult to find.

Letcool and  gamegadget are crap.

The best choices nowadays are the Pandora and the GCW Zero.

Or you could try the Joyou A320+ I have one and its awesome its a dingoo on steroids built by the makers of dingoo as they now work for joyous I have good contact with them.

Post a new topic