• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: Updating Offical Firmware From 2.0016  (Read 5132 times)

benmerrick3d (OP)

Updating Offical Firmware From 2.0016
« on: May 29, 2012, 09:16:26 am »
Hey,

Me and my friend just got A380s and we want to update the firmware so we can update the emulators on the console- as they are soo slow! The Mega Drive and SNES ones are unplayably laggy.

He tried unscrewing the back of his but he managed to destroy the screws trying to open it as they were so tightly done up.

So a couple of questions:

Is there any way at all of updating the firmware on the device (official or unofficial) to a new enough firmware to allow us to update the emulators without opening up the device- with the exturnal memory card slot or through the computer when it is plugged in?

Otherwise does anybody have any tips for managing to open the A380 up?

Thank you
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 09:20:03 am by benmerrick3d »

Alien Grey

Re: Updating Offical Firmware From 2.0016
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 10:40:55 am »
There's no way to update the firmware without unscrewing it and removing the MicroSD card. There's no official firmware to update the Dingoo A-380 and there probably never will be because the auto update in the firmware is screwed up.

The only way to update the Dingoo A-380 with an official update would be to overwrite the MicroSD card like we do with the unofficial firmware.

Make sure that you use a screwdriver that fits perfectly on the screws.
Dingoo A-380 CFW V2.11.09 "RetroDD" - 2 x SanDisk SDHC 32GB Class 10 MicroSD Inside - 2 x Dingoo F-16 Wireless Game Controller

benmerrick3d (OP)

Re: Updating Offical Firmware From 2.0016
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 01:40:25 pm »
Thanks, we managed to get mine open without a problem and his one he had to drill out one of the screws.

We got them updated but the SNES emulator still doesnt work properly in Mode 7 games- like Mario Kart. The Mega Drive emulator still has slow down in games like Sonic 2 with the music being affected the most, and the Game Boy emulator runs too fast :(

Post a new topic