OK, bear with me .....
I have tested this extensively, and I have no answers. I do not claim that my assumptions are 100% correct. I will explain this the best I can.
I have a brand new Dingoo that would lock up sporadically. After much testing, I discovered that only the following emu's were affected: GNUBOY, SmsGGOO, and LynGOO. Any game would launch and play fine. Exiting the game also presented no problems. When ANY game from ANY emu was launched after this, the Dingoo would freeze on the menu of games (roms). A hard reset was the only option at this point. I then verified that this was happening on each of three brand new Dingoo's. I tried the following:
Changed firmware from latest Custom to Official 1.1
Reformatted the entire 4GB, and recopied the data from a verified good source
Reloaded roms from a known "good" set
Tried every custom and official FW I could find
This unit did not have Dingux or any type of dual boot.
While on the Dingoo-Scene, a genius named Shred asked "Do you have an old or new Dingoo?" He then discussed the old units having a paw print on the back, and the newer manufactured units having no paw print on back. I discovered that these all had no paw print, and were newer. I pulled out an older unit I purchased used that had a paw print, and loaded the exact data that was not working properly on the other units. Everything worked fine.
I then began testing every variable I could. I took my current data backup and applied it to the following scenarios:
1) Older Unit with Official 1.1
2) Older Unit with latest custom FW
3) Newer unit with Official 1.1
4) Newer Unit with latest custom FW
5) Older Unit with Dingux and dual boot (Official 1.1)
5) Older Unit with Dingux and dual boot (Custom FW)
5) Newer Unit with Dingux and dual boot (Official 1.1)
5) Newer Unit with Dingux and dual boot (Custom FW)
All older units worked fine with these emu's, ALL newer units locked up upon exiting.
It is my belief that these emu's are not functioning properly with ANY newer manufactured units. I would LOVE if others could confirm or deny this.
Yes, I am new here, this is my first post. I am only stating my experience so that it may help someone else that spent the time I did trying to figure out if it was operator error. I am forever grateful to the hero's that create these emu's. Hopefully, this may provide them with something they were unaware of.
And yes, I still love my dingoo....
EDIT: The following Emu's work fine in both models: ColeCOO, CPS1, CPS2, GBA, MVS, NES
EDIT 2: FW 1.2 did not help in any of the situations