Author Topic: A320 Custom Firmware  (Read 6289 times)

Skyline969 (OP)

A320 Custom Firmware
« on: July 22, 2010, 04:53:44 am »
And now for another "noob" question: I've seen a lot of custom firmwares out there for the A320, and the official firmware 1.20 seems to have fixed the Y&B button problem. So, my question is this - which is the best custom firmware to install these days that offers a Y&B button fix and theme support?

I plan on having custom firmware and then installing the Dingux bootloader afterward (from what I've read this is possible). Anyways, if someone could give me some insight on this I would appreciate it.

And yes, I know there have been threads like this made in the past, but they're from last year. I'm looking for some more recent information.

Thanks in advance!

omgmog

• * Administrator
  • Doesn't sleep.
    • omgmog.net
Re: A320 Custom Firmware
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 10:30:04 am »
And now for another "noob" question: I've seen a lot of custom firmwares out there for the A320, and the official firmware 1.20 seems to have fixed the Y&B button problem. So, my question is this - which is the best custom firmware to install these days that offers a Y&B button fix and theme support?

I plan on having custom firmware and then installing the Dingux bootloader afterward (from what I've read this is possible). Anyways, if someone could give me some insight on this I would appreciate it.

And yes, I know there have been threads like this made in the past, but they're from last year. I'm looking for some more recent information.

Thanks in advance!

The Dingoonity Custom Firmware 1.20 ofcourse! :p

Skyline969 (OP)

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 11:04:26 am »

Thanks in advance!

The Dingoonity Custom Firmware 1.20 ofcourse! :p
You make it seem like I know where you guys stash that! Haha, pardon the ignorance, but where is that custom firmware? And, is it as easy to install as 1.20-pof? Using that ChinaChip flashing stuff seems kinda sketchy to me, and I'd prefer to not use it if I don't have to. I like 1.20-pof because all I have to do is copy files to my Dingoo, turn it off, and turn it on while holding down until the flashing process begins, then set it down and go grab a drink. Simple, automated, the way I like it because I'm lazy. :P

EDIT: Search is my friend. Do you mean this one? http://boards.dingoonity.org/dingoo-hacks/dingoonity-custom-firmware-1-2/

EDIT(2): Of course you mean that one. YOU made that post, after all!  ;D Thank you very much, I'll use this one instead of 1.2-pof.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 11:14:23 am by Skyline969 »

omgmog

• * Administrator
  • Doesn't sleep.
    • omgmog.net
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 11:16:16 am »
You should be able to put the a320.hxf and /system/ directories onto your Dingoo's NAND memory (internal memory) and then just reboot while holding down on the dpad to begin the update.

Skyline969 (OP)

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2010, 11:19:02 am »
You should be able to put the a320.hxf and /system/ directories onto your Dingoo's NAND memory (internal memory) and then just reboot while holding down on the dpad to begin the update.
That easy, huh? Alright, once my Dingoo gets here (I hate the wait as I order it from a Chinese dealer - a reputable Chinese dealer) I'll toss this on there. And it doesn't matter which LCD mine has, right? It should be universal? And, what if mine turns out to be a HK model? Don't use this then? Sorry for all the questions... but it's the only way I'll learn. ;) I was this way when I was new to the PSP scene, and also when I was new to the DS scene. Now, I'm a great contributor to both. :)

omgmog

• * Administrator
  • Doesn't sleep.
    • omgmog.net
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2010, 11:37:21 am »
That easy, huh? Alright, once my Dingoo gets here (I hate the wait as I order it from a Chinese dealer - a reputable Chinese dealer) I'll toss this on there. And it doesn't matter which LCD mine has, right? It should be universal? And, what if mine turns out to be a HK model? Don't use this then? Sorry for all the questions... but it's the only way I'll learn. ;) I was this way when I was new to the PSP scene, and also when I was new to the DS scene. Now, I'm a great contributor to both. :)

I'll break the answer down :p

1 - yes, that easy :)
2 - updating using the "hold down" method doesn't matter, as just the firmware portion is flashed, not the bootloader
3 - it should be universal, yes
4 - if it's a HK dingoo, then you will get a red "unauthorized" screen, and will have to use the firmware flasher/unbricker tool
5 - you can still use this, it's pretty much *impossible* to permenantly break a dingoo by flashing firmware -- I've experimented lots with this, even flashing firmware from other chinachip-based PMPs

Skyline969 (OP)

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2010, 04:04:04 am »

I'll break the answer down :p

1 - yes, that easy :)
2 - updating using the "hold down" method doesn't matter, as just the firmware portion is flashed, not the bootloader
3 - it should be universal, yes
4 - if it's a HK dingoo, then you will get a red "unauthorized" screen, and will have to use the firmware flasher/unbricker tool
5 - you can still use this, it's pretty much *impossible* to permenantly break a dingoo by flashing firmware -- I've experimented lots with this, even flashing firmware from other chinachip-based PMPs
My guess to test if my Dingoo is HK or not without bricking it, is to launch an app that is guaranteed to NOT work with HK models. Where can I get my hands on one of those?

Post a new topic
Post a new topic