Author Topic: Project Ideas and Requests  (Read 50247 times)

Andross

Re: Project Ideas and Requests
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2009, 10:03:55 pm »
A good tool would be an equivalent to the dingux local pack. This would make it easy for someone to just grab all of the available homebrew. This is especially useful for those like me who have been almost exclusively following dingux homebrew and would like an easy way to get into this other side of dingoo homebrew. Thanks to anyone who considers this idea!

rekmk1

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2009, 07:04:26 pm »
is virtual boy possible? possibly with red blue glasses? ???

zear

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2009, 08:30:09 pm »
I am affraid not.
The only two portable VB emulators require liballegro. And even with that, they would be really slow (at least basing on my experience with VB emulator for GP2X, which has similiar specs).
And the 3d glasses support requires the screen to be rendered twice - once in red, and once in blue. That would rise the hardware requirements even more.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 08:33:47 pm by zear »

rekmk1

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2009, 07:24:57 pm »
gutted :'(

ctrl_shift_esc

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2009, 08:09:01 pm »
Some elastomania/it's clone port would be so appreciated!

janX

Guitar Tuner APP
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2009, 11:45:14 pm »
Guitar Tuner APP

Guitar Tuner utilizing the built-in mic.

Source Code: http://www.codeproject.com/KB/audio-video/FftGuitarTuner.aspx
This source code is just an example. I'm sure there are plenty of other codes that could be used. It's irrelevant what the programmer would prefer to use. Just as long as you can tune a guitar with it.

Features:
-----------
Keep it simple, guitar tuners don't need to be complex.
Dial that displays how close you are to actual note.
Ability to choose tuning other than just C. IE:#d

Bonus Feature Ideas:(which would otherwise be nice to seen in a separate APP if not in this one)
------------------------
Would be nice to have a cord finder or cord list.
Perhaps some guitar tab or guitar tab text reader.(that isn't affected by word wrapping)

----
Doesn't matter. Native or Dingux. Although Native would probably be easier to build, from a programming point of view.

P.S. This following tuner is not all that great, and doesn't utilize the built-in mic.
http://dingoo-scene.blogspot.com/2009/10/guitar-tuner-for-dingux.html
Which is the purpose of this request.

janX

MEDIA PLAYER / KARAOKE PLAYER
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2009, 12:10:33 am »
Media Player / KARAOKE PLAYER APP

A Media player that can play .mp3+G, .mid and .kar files. While viewing the lyrics on screen.

Features:
Not worried about it. Just being able to view .mp3+G  (or .mid .kar) files would be good enough.
GUI would be a bonus, but not necessary. Simply to be able to browse folders is good enough for basic karaoke.

Doesn't matter Dingoo Native or Dingux.

Source Code:
Maybe one of these would help?
http://planet-source-code.com/vb/scripts/ShowCode.asp?txtCodeId=14415&lngWId=1
http://quickstarts.asp.net/Futures/Silverlight/media.aspx
http://www.sourcecodeonline.com/list?q=kar_midi_cdg

onthebridge

COMIC viewer
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2009, 06:15:34 pm »
Hi all,

I wonder if it would be possible to see a Comic viewer application in our Dingoos native firmware, with its amazing TV out.

It would have to be able to read .cbz and .cbr files ir order to get the job done.

Since is possible this could be too difficult ... what about for Dingux? There are lots of programmes like the one i`m  talking for linux, so ... it is possible? I`d love to read comics or magazines on the go

Tell me guys, What do you think?

darfgarf

Re: COMIC viewer
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2009, 10:11:51 pm »

if tv out was needed, dingux is a no, or at least is until some very clever and generally awesome person sorts it...though there's more pressing issues i think

batman52

« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2009, 11:59:06 am »
Hi all,

I wonder if it would be possible to see a Comic viewer application in our Dingoos native firmware, with its amazing TV out.

It would have to be able to read .cbz and .cbr files ir order to get the job done.

Since is possible this could be too difficult ... what about for Dingux? There are lots of programmes like the one i`m  talking for linux, so ... it is possible? I`d love to read comics or magazines on the go

You can rename .cbz to .zip, then unpack and view the image files with the embedded viewer. I remember moths ago I also found a good homebrew jpg viewer for the native firmware, but don't remember where...

I have also ported an image viewer for dingux, but it's still in a very early stage (not to mention that i dicovered i started form bad written code) intending to transform in into a cbz viewer. In dingux you can have a good image viewer if you install dinguXMB (which IMHO also looks better than dmenu). Maybe I'll restart working on it as soon as I will be finished with porting GTK and fbreader (it could take a *not so short* while though...).

Nickeng

« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2009, 12:41:31 pm »
Hi all,

I have reall issues work comic viewers on handhelds - must be me ! The PSP  latest update adds a veiwer and I have tried it I seem to be always scrolling, zooming, unzooming etc, an A5 size touch tablet would be better for me...or a real comic

anyway, its a good idea - I just cant use it !

woooozzaa

« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2009, 05:09:45 pm »
Don't know if this as been suggested before but a simple apps that would run in the system tray that would sync *.SAV files from the dingoo to the PC everytime its connected would rock. Its a pain doing it by manually and its even more of a pain to restart your games from scratch when something happends. I'm using linux so a nice python script would be awsome :P.

Something simple, setup just asking you to plug your dingoo and browse to the folders to scan something like that.

Sgt.Ghost

NeoGeo Pocket Color
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2009, 02:46:21 am »
What I would like to see is a nice NeoGeo Pocket emulator on Native OS. I have a hacked PSP and I use RACE! PSP to play NeoGeo Pocket, and I think it would be really cool if someone ports that to the Dingoo. I also know there is an emulator already out but its very slow, there is no sound, and it makes my Dingoo freeze after use. I just want to play a NeoGeo Pocket emulator that is close 60fps, with O.K. sound, and if it makes it easier you don't put in the extra stuff like rewind, and turbo.

Here a link to the source code to RACE! PSP:
http://svn.akop.org/psp/tags/race/

I don't know if makes a difference, but I also found a source code for a NeoGeo pocket emulator on P.C.:
http://neopop.emuxhaven.net/NeoPop-Src-Win32-1.06b.zip

P.S. Please don't flame me if its impossible to port this emulator to Dingoo. I don't really know much about C coding. I've been only learning/studying it for 2 months, and I still cant do much.

alekmaul

• Portabledev
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2009, 05:48:46 pm »
I made a port of NeoPop but it's about 20/30 fps so unusable to play something ...
I will perhaps release it (of course with source code) to know if someone can help me to improve it.

Sgt.Ghost

« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2009, 02:55:08 am »
I'm glad to hear there is some progress being made with the NeoGeo Pocket emulator. Do you have any idea when you can release this to the public? I really want to see how well it can play SVC, Samurai Showdown, Metal Slug, and etc.

Post a new topic
Post a new topic