Author Topic: .opk files and Dingoo A320  (Read 14681 times)

Overflask (OP)

.opk files and Dingoo A320
« on: June 15, 2018, 07:07:12 pm »
Hi,

I have an issue. I downloaded Ur Quan Masters in opk format and I have no idea how to extract/install it on my Dingoo A320. I'm running the original os/firmware. I tried to look online but I haven't found anything. Is that a specific format only read by a third party program? If so which one?

Also if anyone managed to get openxcom to run, I'd be very interested in knowing how.

Thanks

Surkow

• * Administrator
Re: .opk files and Dingoo A320
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2018, 02:33:16 pm »
If you want I can move the thread to the Dingoo A320 section.

The original firmware of the Dingoo A320 is based on μC/OS-II. It will not run GCW Zero binaries, nor can it mount squashfs images (OPK files). The GCW Zero uses OpenDingux as firmware and OPK files are the default way to package programs.

Even if you'd install OpenDingux on the Dingoo A320, OPK files won't work on the Dingoo A320 OpenDingux firmware. If the game is compiled with hardfloat it won't work even if you would extract the binary and added it as launcher to gmenu2x.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 07:09:39 pm by Surkow »

Overflask (OP)

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2018, 12:22:02 am »
Oops... yes please. I didn't realize I was in the wrong section. Sorry

In other words I have to find an unpacked format of the game? Or can someone unpack it for me?

Surkow

• * Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2018, 07:07:25 pm »
Oops... yes please. I didn't realize I was in the wrong section. Sorry

In other words I have to find an unpacked format of the game? Or can someone unpack it for me?

The game will most likely have to be recompiled to target the Dingoo A320 and it's native firmware (not Dingux or OpenDingux) which doesn't have hardfloat support.

Overflask (OP)

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2018, 10:46:51 pm »
Dreams squashed  :'( :'( :'(
Thanks for the quick reply!