Author Topic: No Paw Print on Dingoo A320 issues with Emualtors Posted  (Read 15326 times)

Kalisiin

Re: No Paw Print on Dingoo A320 issues with Emualtors Posted
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2009, 02:09:13 am »
Well, I just got three white Dingoos today.  Won't know till Monday if they have the paw or not, because I wasn't here to sign for them, so they are sitting at the Post Office till Monday.

Meneer Jansen

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2009, 01:23:32 pm »
Maybe a stupid question, but has anybody w/ an unpawed version tried to overwrite the .SIM emulators w/ the "old" ones from a pawed version yet?
Finally got me a new Dingoo after I Kentucky ~~::fried::~~ the other one. Yippee! [edit] And lost it!

Harteex

• * Administrator
    • Harteex Productions
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2009, 02:00:38 pm »
Maybe a stupid question, but has anybody w/ an unpawed version tried to overwrite the .SIM emulators w/ the "old" ones from a pawed version yet?

I've compared the emulators that came with a dingoo that was preloaded with 1.20 and they are exactly the same. Don't know if it was a pawed or non-pawed one though.

Meneer Jansen

« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2009, 02:12:09 pm »
I've compared the emulators that came with a dingoo that was preloaded with 1.20 and they are exactly the same. Don't know if it was a pawed or non-pawed one though.
Well, that's the question, isn't it? It might be the unpawed emu's that are faulty, not the unpawed Dingoo itself... The former is simple to change, the latter is a disaster for the Dingoo scene imho.
Finally got me a new Dingoo after I Kentucky ~~::fried::~~ the other one. Yippee! [edit] And lost it!

Shred

• * Former Staff
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2009, 03:19:21 pm »
Well, that's the question, isn't it? It might be the unpawed emu's that are faulty, not the unpawed Dingoo itself... The former is simple to change, the latter is a disaster for the Dingoo scene imho.

The problem is nothing to do with the default emulators that are shipped with Dingoos.

Its a freezing issue when changing roms with some community created emulators - Gnuboy, SMSGGOO and LynGOO.

And it looks like Alekmaul has cracked the problem! Still awaiting some more confirmations from other users mind.
http://boards.dingoonity.org/dingoo-general/freeze-issue-with-new-manufactured-dingoo%27s-and-three-emu%27s/msg3439/#msg3439

QBert

« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2009, 05:12:50 pm »
And it looks like Alekmaul has cracked the problem! Still awaiting some more confirmations from other users mind.
http://boards.dingoonity.org/dingoo-general/freeze-issue-with-new-manufactured-dingoo%27s-and-three-emu%27s/msg3439/#msg3439

The updated SMSGGOO Alekmaul posted in that thread does indeed fix the problem on my non-paw Dingoo. At least two other people have had the same results.

kswildside

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2009, 02:00:50 pm »
The conspiracy theories need to stop I deal with Dingoo Digital China on a daily if not bi daily basis I don't know why they took the paw print off the back other then they had a request from some resellers that were buying large quantities of them not to have a logo on them.

If you had to retool each time those orders came in it would cost you loads of money hence no more will the Dingoo's have a paw print on it. It's not more inferior or less inferior all they did was change some parts like the memory from two chips to one a couple amirite chips etc.

Like any business they look for ways to cut cost in production and make more money. I mean look at the Wii and PS4 they have worked and worked to cut costs and make a better profit what is so different with them versus Dingoo Digital China.

All the emulators that shipped with the dingoo from the factory work as they always have not perfect but hey so be it the issues was never the basic emulators from the factory but the community based emulators. It took some time and people doing testing to figure out what this issue was Akemaul and Harteex are the bomb.

It's nice to speculate and wonder and even come up with conspiracies about what happen etc but end of the day you need facts to back them up. Alot of resellers wanted to be able to pass this off as there own or with there own logo hence no paw print anymore end of story. Ok I have spoke my piece now I will get off the soap box.

Kalisiin

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2009, 07:08:19 pm »
The conspiracy theories need to stop I deal with Dingoo Digital China on a daily if not bi daily basis I don't know why they took the paw print off the back other then they had a request from some resellers that were buying large quantities of them not to have a logo on them.

If you had to retool each time those orders came in it would cost you loads of money hence no more will the Dingoo's have a paw print on it. It's not more inferior or less inferior all they did was change some parts like the memory from two chips to one a couple amirite chips etc.

Like any business they look for ways to cut cost in production and make more money. I mean look at the Wii and PS4 they have worked and worked to cut costs and make a better profit what is so different with them versus Dingoo Digital China.

All the emulators that shipped with the dingoo from the factory work as they always have not perfect but hey so be it the issues was never the basic emulators from the factory but the community based emulators. It took some time and people doing testing to figure out what this issue was Akemaul and Harteex are the bomb.

It's nice to speculate and wonder and even come up with conspiracies about what happen etc but end of the day you need facts to back them up. Alot of resellers wanted to be able to pass this off as there own or with there own logo hence no paw print anymore end of story. Ok I have spoke my piece now I will get off the soap box.

Well....all the same, I am VERY HAPPY to report my three new Dingoos, that I just got today...all have the paw print!!

By the way, Justin, I also just got my package from you, today, too....so everyone, I vouch for Justin here as a good seller of Dingoo accessories...I got exactly what I ordered, and considering that he's a one-man operation, and had some issues going on, which he mentioned elsewhere, shipping time was not too bad, either.

I will most definitely continue to do business with Justin here...he's trustworthy in my book.

P.S. I can see where some folks might have a tough time getting used to gameplay, at first, with the silicone gloves, but I was able to play ok with them.
As for the Vinyl protective case, ya gotta get yourself one of these, they are fantastic!!  They're a tight fit, it's a little bit of doing to get the dingoo in the first time, as it is just wide enough to fit the dingoo, but it's really nice and compact, and looks like it would definitely protect the dingoo well, while you're carrying it around.  Of course, you can't PLAY it while its in the case, but it looks like it would for sure protect your Dingoo if you should drop it.  Very good construction, and there's even a little thing on the back of it that you could pass a shoelace or a thin belt thru, and create a handle for it.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 07:18:53 pm by Kalisiin »

ctrl_shift_esc

« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2009, 08:06:31 pm »
couple amirite chips etc.
excuse me, what do you mean amirite? it was my intentionally corrupted "Am I right?". hope amirite is not a top-secret material that i accidentally exposed.

two facts make me doubt your words:
1) about the paw.
why would resellers ever want to make such a nutty request? to sell A320 as their own product? then why they still haven't done it? dingoo became a TM over last month among emulation fans (target audience of A320) and i'd never make my online shop un-findable through google request "Buy Dingoo A320".
2) if I am Dingoo-China and someone asks me to erase my logo (ok, let's accept it as gospel) and I do it (is it getting hot around here?) then WHY do I also change memory system of my console. that is as off-beat as it gets.

Kalisiin

« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2009, 08:25:27 pm »
Again, this is why I am very pleased to see that mine got the paw.  I don't want part in any conspiracy or anything, I just want what I'm used to...and I got it.

As to the rest, as a seller of dingoo accessories, I vouch for dingoo-digital-usa.  I got what I ordered...and in a fairly reasonable time frame.
I do plan on getting some more accessories for my new Dingoos...now that I got my first order from dingoo-digital-usa and thus, insured, to my own satisfation, that it is a reliable source.

Like I said, the vinyl case is really nice.

Now that I own 4 Dingoos...and all of them with the paw on it...I'm very very happy.  I know now that I ought to have a working Dingoo for the rest of my life.

Yes, I take my gaming very seriously.  Gaming is my life.  Gaming is the one and only thing in life I ever CAN seem to win at.

Goon8

« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2009, 10:53:02 pm »
Again, this is why I am very pleased to see that mine got the paw.  I don't want part in any conspiracy or anything, I just want what I'm used to...and I got it.

As to the rest, as a seller of dingoo accessories, I vouch for dingoo-digital-usa.  I got what I ordered...and in a fairly reasonable time frame.
I do plan on getting some more accessories for my new Dingoos...now that I got my first order from dingoo-digital-usa and thus, insured, to my own satisfation, that it is a reliable source.

Now that I own 4 Dingoos...and all of them with the paw on it...I'm very very happy.  I know now that I ought to have a working Dingoo for the rest of my life.

Yes, I take my gaming very seriously.  Gaming is my life.  Gaming is the one and only thing in life I ever CAN seem to win at.

Why do you need 4 Dingoos? That's just greedy! :P

kswildside

« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2009, 11:24:08 pm »
It's plain and simple really You get an order of 10,000 unit whether in country or not in country meaning China the buyer reuest you to make a change to the product like what has happened removing the logo from the back A320.

Lets see normal sales are 1000 to 2000 units a week yep lets skip printing the logo on the back of the unit all together. Number one is it cuts cost on the units no screen printing of the logo equals more profit.

The changes to the console never affected the use of the A320 with it's default emulators it is supplied with everything that has had issues with the A320 are community based and are in the process of being resolved. Every A320 that has no paw print still have all menus and everything the Dingoo A320 has to include the Dingoo-Digital with the paw print on boot up and shutdown.

Every company in the world reserves the right with out notice to modify their products as long as it does not impied what they sold the item for or with. Dingoo Digital China made cost saving and profit mazimizing changes to their units. Hell Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo have all made changes to their consoles as time goes along for to better the product and maximize profit margins why should Dingoo Digital China be any different.

I understand everyone saying I got one from ChinaVision and DX with a paw print on the back there are only two conculsions to this one either they are screen printing them after they get them or they have a stock surplus once that stock surplus goes you will see non paw printed A320's everywhere. 

As for calling my word or intergrity into question I have been a long standing member of Dingoo-Digital.com forum and have been in this business since June 2009 but have owed a A320 and been in contact with Dingoo Digital China since March 2009. If you goto the other forum you will see a thank you posted by team dingoo  from Dingoo Digital China verifying I'm an authorized reseller for Dingoo Digital China and thanking the community for all it's hard work to make the A320 better.

Not too mention I was able to get the Factory Official 1.20 Firmware which fixes several bugs the A320 has after it was metioned the 1.20 was seen in the wild on newly purchased Dingoo A320's which happened also not to have a paw print logo on them.

I'm not techincal when it comes to actual chips on the board I saw the comment Amirite so I assumed those were chips that were also changed the only thing I can verify for sure is memory has moved from two chips to one as for any other mods DD China has done I have no clue nor do I speculate.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 11:26:20 pm by dingoo-digital-usa »

kswildside

« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2009, 11:50:49 pm »
I will leave this topic alone I have stated what I know to be fact not fiction and you can believe me or not that is totally everyones decision either way it's a waste of time to speculate when time will show the real truth on the matter.

Kalisiin

« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2009, 12:16:51 am »
I hope you don't think I was calling your integrity into question!

I only mentioned that I vouch for you as a seller of Dingoo accessories...because a lot of people are afraid to buy from someone on-line, unless they know that they are legit...or that someone ELSE bought from them and had good results...and I promised to report when/if I got the goods from you...so that others would then feel more comfortable placing orders with you.

You are good in my book, and will be getting another order from me for more accessories in the near future.

QBert

« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2009, 12:24:17 am »
Now that I own 4 Dingoos...and all of them with the paw on it...I'm very very happy. 

Apart from the freezing bug with certain apps (which has now been isolated and is in the process of being resolved), there's no functional difference between the paw and non-paw units.

kswildside

« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2009, 12:47:00 am »
No Kalisin my anger and facts were aimed at others I appreciate your comments very much but best not too mention your dealings with me on the forums unless it is brought up about how I do or do not do business once again I appreciate you coming in for my defense very much... Thanks Qbert for pointing out what I have said all along you can't control what DD China chooses to do you can get pissed and upset but as long as it still functions as it was inteded there isn't much any of us can do. If it will make everyone feel better I will take the concerns direct to DD China and state we want the logo on the back again that still won't change the fact the way they are made now is different.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 12:50:35 am by dingoo-digital-usa »

Shred

• * Former Staff
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2009, 01:32:40 am »
Resellers are requesting Dingoos with no Pawprint logo so they can rebrand the Dingoo A320 as a completely different product while charging a premium for it.

They do this to avoid the people Google searching "Dingoo A320".

Thinkgeek is a good example of this practise. They brand the Dingoo A320 as a "Pocket Retro Game Emulator" and charge $99. Compared to like $83 from other places such as Dingoo Digital USA and DealExtreme. They are simply trying to avoid competition with other Resellers by using different names.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/electronics/retro-gaming/bd6f/

Kalisiin

« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2009, 04:36:08 am »
Now that I own 4 Dingoos...and all of them with the paw on it...I'm very very happy.  

Apart from the freezing bug with certain apps (which has now been isolated and is in the process of being resolved), there's no functional difference between the paw and non-paw units.

Well, all the same, I'm still glad mine have the paw.  I'm just more comfortable with it, you know?
I know for sure I'm getting the genuine article.

Resellers are requesting Dingoos with no Pawprint logo so they can rebrand the Dingoo A320 as a completely different product while charging a premium for it.

They do this to avoid the people Google searching "Dingoo A320".

Thinkgeek is a good example of this practise. They brand the Dingoo A320 as a "Pocket Retro Game Emulator" and charge $99. Compared to like $83 from other places such as Dingoo Digital USA and DealExtreme. They are simply trying to avoid competition with other Resellers by using different names.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/electronics/retro-gaming/bd6f/
That's piss-poor lousy.  Hell, even without the logo...doesn't it still have the paw print on the native OS boot-up screen?

I'd be royally pissed if I found out I had gotten overcharged in this way.

No Kalisin my anger and facts were aimed at others I appreciate your comments very much but best not too mention your dealings with me on the forums unless it is brought up about how I do or do not do business once again I appreciate you coming in for my defense very much...

No problem.  I say you do square business with me...I'm gonna tell others about it, and recommend you.  As a business owner myself (my business is totally unrelated to any gaming/gaming products), I know how powerful word-of-mouth advertising is.

Likewise, any business that screws me over...I'll ell people about that, too.  and for the same reason.
Word of mouth advertising is powerful, and having a good reputation is priceless to a business owner who wants to stay in business.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 04:41:26 am by Kalisiin »

Dingoo888

« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2009, 09:22:27 pm »

This is true. The paw print came off because Dingoo were getting requests from a large reseller for unbranded units. now all of them are unbranded. They wouldn't tell us which seller it was that requested it. We don't want to speculate on the public forums.

There is no link between particular sellers and unbranded units. Eventually, every seller will be selling the unbranded ones - those are the only ones being made.

And no, Shenzhen Dingoo Digital isn't entirely happy about it. They were hoping to get the brand well-known. At least this way they get more orders from whoever it was that asked for the unbranding.

We were told that Dingoos A320s sold within China would still have the Dingoo logo. How they are managing to do this I don't know. We don't buy Chinese/domestic stock, so we can't confirm this.

As with Dingoo Digital USA, all our stock comes direct from the manufacturer (we don't dropship, we don't use HK agents etc.)

Kalisiin

« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2009, 09:30:20 pm »

Why do you need 4 Dingoos? That's just greedy! :P

1. My main playing unit.
2. A test unit, so as to test new stuff without screwing up my main unit.
3. A total backup of my main playing unit, in case it should ever get fouled up.
4. A second test unit, in case the first test unit gets fouled up.

I don't take chances with my games.

Once I get everything set up exactly as I wish it to be, I would probably only need 2...and may sell a couple to friends.

Post a new topic