Author Topic: No Paw Print on Dingoo A320 issues with Emualtors Posted  (Read 20339 times)

kswildside

No Paw Print on Dingoo A320 issues with Emualtors Posted
« on: November 06, 2009, 12:22:34 am »
Well here is a tested look at the new NON PAW Print Dingoo A320 I will first start with the Applications and the default
emulators the dingoo comes with and move on from there to Community made emulators.

1. Went into applications picked Mushroom Roulette played once exited and went to play again the A320 freezes in game list.
   Tried again same result so Mushroom Roulette does not work on the new non paw print A320.

2. Went into applications picked SameGoo played two levels and exited then went to again SameGoo loaded again with no problems
   and no freezing.

3. Went into applications picked a Dingoo Game Nose Breaker played two rounds and exited then went to again NoseBreaker
   loaded again with no problems and no freezing.

4. Went to GooPlayer picked a *.Ogg file played and went to select another program freezes. Also hard reset and went into
   GooPlayer again and exited freezes in the app/game list selection window.

After Playing all the Dingoo native emulators none of them locked up or froze on me.

although GBC.SIM did lock up several times but that is a 760 ported emulator...

Ok now on to the Community made emulators first up is drum roll please...

LynGOO.SIM

1. Loaded up Chopper.lnx played a round or two exited went to load it again froze in game list.
2. Lodead up Frogger.lnx played a round or two exited went to load it again froze in game list.

ColeCOO.SIM

1. Loaded up Wrongway.col played a round or two exited went into game again no problems works
2. Then loaded kevtris.col played a round or two exited went into game again no problems works

So ding ding one round that actually the emulator works and doesn't freeze up

GNUBOY.SIM

1. Loaded up a Gameboy game Adjustris.gb played a round or two exited went to load it again froze in game list.

2. Loaded up a Gameboy game boxing.gb Loaded up the Gameboy game

3. Loaded up a GameBoy Color Game CrazyZone.GBC played a round or two exited went to load it again froze in game list.

4. Loaded up a GameBoy Color Game Whackemon.gbc played a round or two exited went to load it again froze in game list.

SmsGGOO.SIM

1. Loaded up a SMS Game BlockHead.sms played a round or two exited went to load it again froze in game list.

2. Loaded up a SMS Game Robbyie.sms played a round or two exited went to load it again froze in game list.

3. Loaded up a Game Gear Tween.gg played a round or two exited went to load it again froze in game list.

4. Loaded up a Game Gear Columns played a round or two exited went to load it again froze in game list.

DOOENGINE.SIM

1. Loaded up a PCE Game Pacu.pce played a round or two exited went to load it again froze in game list.

2. Loaded up a PCE Game Centipide.pce played a round or two exited went to load it again froze in game list.

This concludes our broadcasting day of the dreaded dingoo a320 with no paw print and how it locks up and freezes and requires a
hard rest.

Goon8

Re: No Paw Print on Dingoo A320 issues with Emualtors Posted
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 12:44:45 am »
Man that sucks big time.

So what are we going to do about this complete drop in quality? Is it possible that the new units are complete rip offs of the originals? Happens a lot in China. I've just received a bunch of brand new September made units and they all have PAW prints on the back.

Also; what about Dingux is there a lot of freezing going on there? Also is the software contained on the none-paw printer versions exactly the same as the others?

Hopefully something can be done about this mockery of our beloved.  :P

ctrl_shift_esc

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 01:07:28 am »
oh noes. what dingoo should i expect to get from DX if it shipped today?

kswildside

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2009, 01:15:04 am »
It's not a rip off they come from Dingoo Digital China I order direct from the manufacturer I'm sure it's not a drop in quality or but don't know what it is at this point but I'm working with Dingoo Digital China and trying to work with Akemaul, Spiller, Joy Rider, and Haartex to see what if anything might be causing the freeze/lockups. At this point there is no way to point what it is.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 02:07:47 am by dingoo-digital-usa »

Goon8

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2009, 01:30:03 am »
Yeah it's a pretty strange occurrence..

What is the manufacture date for these units?

Battlepriest

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2009, 03:27:06 am »
I don't know how "new" these units are... I've had mine since the first week of August and it's a non-Paw version. Yes, it has the same lock up issues as reported up thread. I think only ColecOO (3.0 up) and the Odyssey2 emulator (as well as the included native emus) don't lock up on a second title load.

kswildside

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2009, 03:40:40 am »
Yep I agree with you on that so far thats what I see also

Azm0deus

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2009, 06:44:04 am »
after playing any game in GNUboy i restart every time. If i do not restart it'll freeze when trying to play another gb/gbc rom.

My dingoo is the non-paw version
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 06:45:59 am by Azm0deus »

Kalisiin

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2009, 07:42:07 am »
I got 3 white ones coming from DX.

I am probably the one who cleaned them out, because mine shipped...and then they went to backorder status.

I'm hoping I got PAW Dingoos!!  Maybe I cleaned DX out of the last of the PAW Dingoos??  I hope, hope hope...mine have the PAW!!!

alekmaul

• Portabledev
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2009, 08:05:06 am »
As i said iin previous thread, please tell me which version of emualtors you are using and which firmwware are in your dingoo.

About devs, just want to know if you're using last gcc (V4) or not and last version of flatmush lib (it's different from the first one in lib and src/lib)

Also, perhaps we must take a look at gcc options when we are compiling our emulators. Does everyone is using -O3 option for example ?

Harteex

• * Administrator
    • Harteex Productions
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2009, 12:26:01 pm »
I'm using -O3 and the gcc version 4.1.2 provided by flatmush.

Spidey

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2009, 08:51:09 pm »
Are these No Paw Print Dingoos running the new 1.2 firmware?

Goon8

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2009, 08:15:47 am »
What are the manufacture dates on the none paw versions?

I'm thinking they've been made in a different factory to the paw versions.

alekmaul

• Portabledev
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2009, 10:11:08 am »
dingoo-digital-usa (or people with smsggoo hanging pb), could you try this version. The only difference is the gcc toolchain used (i used the first one with s2dsdk).
http://www.portabledev.com/temp/SmsGGOO.SIM

Battlepriest

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2009, 03:58:53 pm »
Alekmaul - I gave it a try, same hanging problem occurs. I'm using 1.2 firmware. I checked ColeCOO as well to make sure it still worked, and it does with no problem.

ctrl_shift_esc

« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2009, 07:33:24 pm »
Sorry if someone already posted it, but the source of unpawed dingoos is obviously here: http://www.chinavasion.com/product_info.php/pName/multi-platform-portable-gaming-entertainment-station-black/
1) on the pic there is no paw
2) it is not refferd to as dingoo, just some no-name

dear no-paw users, please prove me right and tell us that you bought your dingoo at chinavasion.

QBert

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2009, 08:24:10 pm »
dear no-paw users, please prove me right and tell us that you bought your dingoo at chinavasion.

My "no-paw" came from Thinkgeek in August of this year. English "Game King" box.

Harteex

• * Administrator
    • Harteex Productions
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2009, 08:34:08 pm »
Sorry if someone already posted it, but the source of unpawed dingoos is obviously here: http://www.chinavasion.com/product_info.php/pName/multi-platform-portable-gaming-entertainment-station-black/
1) on the pic there is no paw
2) it is not refferd to as dingoo, just some no-name

I bought mine from Chinavasion and it has the paw. But it was quite some time ago now... still, those images were like that on Chinavasion when I bought mine aswell.. so the images are not really a good indication.

Battlepriest

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2009, 09:48:12 pm »
As with QBert, my no-paw came from Thinkgeek in early August (Game King box, et al).

Goon8

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2009, 10:48:59 pm »
I received a white dingoo from chinavasion on Friday, and it has a paw!