• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: MAME4ALL v1.1 Dingoo Native released  (Read 46253 times)

slaanesh (OP)

• Slaanesh Dev
Re: MAME4ALL v1.1 Dingoo Native released
« Reply #80 on: August 27, 2013, 02:22:39 am »
why not port this emu to OD? OD have swap ,so Insufficient memory can be solved :)
expect have two versions... ,one for native ,one for OD

This version of MAME4ALL is optimized for Dingoo Native OS though pretty much all the core will work without issue.

I have built my version of MAME4ALL for OD however it's noticably slower for some reason and I don't know why.
It's annoying as some games which run well on Native don't run very will on OD. Have you tried Outrun on OD? It's really slow and yet on Native it's quite playable.

The OD version uses SDL which may be the culprit, perhaps the sound driver is quite right... I don't know. And I don't have the time to find out I'm afraid.

Anyway, I've added ONE more game to the Native version, and it's a ripper! I won't tell you what it is but will give you a clue: It's a gun game by Taito!

slaanesh (OP)

• Slaanesh Dev
« Reply #81 on: August 27, 2013, 02:23:07 am »
why not port this emu to OD? OD have swap ,so Insufficient memory can be solved :)
expect have two versions... ,one for native ,one for OD

+1
hey slaanesh,van you fix the problem with cygwin.dll for the graphics converter in games like mortal kombat?

Yes I'll fix this up.

moldov

« Reply #82 on: September 02, 2013, 04:05:04 am »
slaanesh,

thanks for the emulator. It's really great to come back and play games which I used to play in my childhood.

One question - how to add ROMs? There is a rom konek.zip - which is kind of quest. Was developed in '88 in USSR for Soviet Arcade automat. That game is applicable for MAME, I was playing in different versions of MAME for Mac, Linux and Win. I added string in section "Others" in gamelist and gameslists files but out of luck. I tried all the mame apps but no way.

Could You tell me how to add the game?

Regards, moldov.

slaanesh (OP)

• Slaanesh Dev
« Reply #83 on: September 03, 2013, 09:00:09 am »
"Konek-Gorbunok" is not actually supported by MAME 0.37b5 and was added much later... MAME 0.106 or so.
However all is not lost I may be able to add it for you.

I read that "Konek-Gorbunok" was quite a popular game in Russia?

Drem

• Russian Android/Dingo/GCW/gaming gadgets blog
« Reply #84 on: September 03, 2013, 09:17:50 am »
"Konek-Gorbunok" is not actually supported by MAME 0.37b5 and was added much later... MAME 0.106 or so.
However all is not lost I may be able to add it for you.

I read that "Konek-Gorbunok" was quite a popular game in Russia?
I think that half-mechanical arcades like Sea Battle/Torpedo Attack (with periscope-like screen and controls) and Viraj ("Turn", autorally) were much more popular in Soviet Union.

moldov

« Reply #85 on: September 05, 2013, 12:40:16 am »
Slaanesh,

thanks a lot that You agreed to add the requested game. I could provide You with zipped ROM if You need.

You are right it was really popular because not so much arcades existed at that time. As Drem said, half-mechanical arcades were more popular, but when K-G appeared, I spent lots of 15c coins to play:)

Thanks and regards, moldov.

eltehero

« Reply #86 on: October 11, 2013, 11:23:04 pm »
Empire City now working.

Had to change some things around, the video driver was really expecting to use a lot of memory.
I went back to an older version of the video driver which was much more memory efficient and other wise functionally equivalent. As a result, it's running full speed now, nice game too.
I remember playing this on my Atari ST - though back then I didn't realize it was a port of an arcade game!

Many thanks, When can we expect v1.2

slaanesh (OP)

• Slaanesh Dev
« Reply #87 on: October 13, 2013, 12:40:16 am »
Sooner than you may think... Final testing on binaries now... :)

hastiau

« Reply #88 on: November 03, 2013, 08:23:13 pm »
Hi slaanesh.
Any news about the release of MAME4ALL ?

sparkymark79

« Reply #89 on: November 04, 2013, 02:56:46 pm »
ooohoh waiting :)

aargh. cannot get it working. I've read the readme but when I click on an app it just hngs and I have to reset. I must be doing something wrong. I've installed folder into 3d game folder as it says

anybody? Thanks
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 11:59:46 pm by sparkymark79 »

K-77

• * Former Staff
« Reply #90 on: November 06, 2013, 06:06:45 pm »
Just put some roms in /ROMS directory.

And try to write in this topic as the problem is not related to firmware.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 06:11:55 pm by K-77 »

sparkymark79

« Reply #91 on: November 06, 2013, 09:19:45 pm »
hi, I have many ROMs in the ROM folder. it just crashes the system as soon as I click on any of the mame.apps

I also downloaded an emulator pack from a foreign dingoo site which had everything already setup in the respective folders and it still crashes. this is why I posted in the firmware forum as I can't think of anything else it could be. its a mystery! somebody please help me. has nobody else experienced the same?

I even found the Python script to fix hong Kong dingoos and ran it against all the mame.apps just in case but they were obviously compiled with the new SDK.

I might be new with the dingoo but I'm not a complete noob. I've got the Pandora long service medal award too but I wanted something smaller as well and this is perfect.

sparkymark79

« Reply #92 on: November 06, 2013, 10:00:20 pm »
FIXED IT!!! it was the memory protection set to 'on' in the system settings.

EDIT - no it wasn't the memory protection - it fails whenever the SD card is in the slot. weird!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 12:09:35 pm by sparkymark79 »

slaanesh (OP)

• Slaanesh Dev
« Reply #93 on: November 13, 2013, 08:48:08 pm »
Version 1.2 is now out.
See www.slaanesh.net

Post a new topic
Post a new topic