• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: MAME4ALL v1.1 Dingoo Native released  (Read 48785 times)

naxeras

Re: MAME4ALL v1.1 Dingoo Native released
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2013, 10:45:48 am »
Thank you slaanesh incredible work, with FAME cores this MAME is more fast.

This mame is incredible more faster than legacy dingux but for RAM issues is not than compatible.

It is possible compile this fast mame in legacy digux or opendigux with swap for RAM issues?

Alekmaul in your git I see FAME in your opendingux mame, are binary available?

slaanesh (OP)

• Slaanesh Dev
MAME4ALL v1.1 Dingoo Native released
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2013, 01:09:03 pm »
would it be possible to add support for Bomberman/Dynablaster (bombrman.zip/dynablst.zip)?

I'll add it.

About Konami Simpsons, like I said RAM is the issue in Dingoo Native.
I've already compiled an updated version of MAME4ALL for OD and pretty much all games that don't work due to lack of RAM, work fine on OD however it's some what slower even with hardware double buffering.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 01:13:06 pm by slaanesh »

Winchester

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2013, 08:26:15 pm »
Hello!

My first time on this forum :)

I am Brazilian and I'm using Google Translator. So forgive me for any mistake of English.

I bought the Dingoo 3 months ago. I registered just to thank you for the new version of Mame. Thank you!

slaanesh (OP)

• Slaanesh Dev
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2013, 01:18:18 am »
I bought the Dingoo 3 months ago. I registered just to thank you for the new version of Mame. Thank you!

You are welcome.

would it be possible to add support for Bomberman/Dynablaster (bombrman.zip/dynablst.zip)?

Added because I love Bomberman!

Was a bigger job than I thought. For a relatively small ROM, the driver was fairly inefficient and used a lot of space (luxury of being a PC emulator really) so I had to change a few things to get it to fit but it's in now and it runs reasonable fast and very playable.

Next release will have Bomberman and Dynablaster available.

If anyone wants games add or improved, let me know and I can consider it.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 01:22:23 am by slaanesh »

the_wub

« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2013, 12:07:46 pm »
I'd like to make a request for the Sega racer Power Drift!  Out Run works really well without sound so maybe it's possible?

hi-ban

« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2013, 01:14:55 pm »
Thanks for adding bomberman!

One of my favourites is Golden Axe: The revenge of Death Adder (ga2.zip)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8_Dzh1HZ4I
But being it a Sega System 32 game, i am aware that it may be difficult to run for the Dingoo.

Super Burger Time (supbtime.zip) was also good.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njh0P_cRCQY
Not sure if that will be difficult to add support, though.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 01:29:36 pm by hi-ban »

slaanesh (OP)

• Slaanesh Dev
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2013, 12:51:33 am »
I'd like to make a request for the Sega racer Power Drift!  Out Run works really well without sound so maybe it's possible?

Powerdrift is a fairly complex game and was added relatively late in Mame. As a general rule, the later it was added, the harder it is to integrate.
Simple games can still be done fairly easily, more complex ones require a bit of effort. I'll check into it.

One of my favourites is Golden Axe: The revenge of Death Adder (ga2.zip)
But being it a Sega System 32 game, i am aware that it may be difficult to run for the Dingoo.

Super Burger Time (supbtime.zip) was also good.
Not sure if that will be difficult to add support, though.

As you already said, Golden Axe: Death Adder is not really possible. :D

Super Burger Time is already there! but had a few bugs. I've updated it now so it should be perfect.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 01:48:39 am by slaanesh »

slaanesh (OP)

• Slaanesh Dev
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2013, 12:07:35 pm »
I've been playing a bit of Super Burger Time! Great game! I like the original but this one is even better. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

doglush

« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2013, 12:20:51 pm »
I've already compiled an updated version of MAME4ALL for OD and pretty much all games that don't work due to lack of RAM, work fine on OD however it's some what slower even with hardware double buffering.

Do you know why OD is slower than native uOS ? (Everybody say that OD is the best thing on earth err on Dingux ;) )
Many thanks for all your work. I can play TOKI smoothly :)

hastiau

« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2013, 05:06:59 pm »
Slaanesh, could you do something for rampage world tour ?

slaanesh (OP)

• Slaanesh Dev
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2013, 05:56:13 am »
Unfortunately the ROM is massive. MAME4ALL on Dingoo Native has to be able to load the entire ROM at once or like Mortal Kombat split it up. But the ROM once uncompressed is about 22MB - then the graphics need to be extracted and converted which usually doubles the size again. Then there's runtime memory requirements.

If the Dingoo Native had 64MB *usable* then I could do it :-)

I've got 16MB usable. :)

Power Drift is similar, though a lot smaller it's probably right on the maximum size of being able to fit.

A 2.5MB - 3MB compressed ROM file is about the very maximum sized game that Dingoo Native will be able to play.

naxeras

« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2013, 08:17:03 am »
It is possible ADD sound to Hook?.

In Legacy Dingux Hook Works but without sound.

slaanesh (OP)

• Slaanesh Dev
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2013, 12:55:40 am »
It is possible ADD sound to Hook?.

In Legacy Dingux Hook Works but without sound.

The Irem M92 games, which includes 'Hook' as well as 'In the Hunt' are excellent games which both unfortunately need more RAM than the Dingoo Native is capable of. It's that silly 16Mb limit.

That 16MB limit includes the size of the executable + uncompressed ROM + converted graphics + a whole load of other bits and pieces.

The typical MAME executable is about 2MB.
Hook as an uncompressed ROM is about 7MB.
The Graphics when converted are about 10MB
Other runtime can vary anywhere from 1MB to 8MB.

As you can see we've quickly gone over Dingoo Native's 16MB limit, yes would still fit in old Dingux's ~25MB usable limit.

So basically it won't run, even without sound. Perhaps with a GFXCONVERT written for it.

If only the Dingoo guys had given 24MB of user space to use in Native mode and loads of great games would work very nicely.

It's funny I was thinking the same thing a few years ago when I was looking at the GP32 version.
The GP32 only has 8MB RAM total of which 7MB is usable - but it's a good decent percentage, especially considering that things like screen size hasn't changed (ie both 320x240)

Anyway, if there is anyone technical out there and good and stuffing around with uCOSII, the A320's native OS, please put your hand up!

Anyway, for larger games Open Dingux is going to be the way to go in the future for the A320, however I've still found nothing beats the speed of the A320 in native mode, and that speed difference is substantial.

naxeras

« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2013, 07:45:50 am »
Thank you for your explanation slaanesh.

uCOS is much RAM expensive.

Another question, Why native OS is more faster then Open Dingux/Legacy Dingux?

herts

« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2013, 12:39:57 pm »
Hi all

this is probably a silly question, but how do I install this?

Literally just received my dingoo 320 today.

Edit: Just read the readme.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 12:50:02 pm by herts »

wy_scorpio

« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2013, 04:42:46 pm »
strange...
why the rom '1942,1943,Double Dragon...' cant be recognition..

slaanesh (OP)

• Slaanesh Dev
MAME4ALL v1.1 Dingoo Native released
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2013, 01:11:05 am »
They work fine you need older versions of these ROMs though. MAME went through a big internal renaming if the ROMs so the latest versions will not work.
Look for m37b5 to m37b16 era and you should be fine!

wy_scorpio

« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2013, 03:47:51 pm »
They work fine you need older versions of these ROMs though. MAME went through a big internal renaming if the ROMs so the latest versions will not work.
Look for m37b5 to m37b16 era and you should be fine!

ok thx :)

wy_scorpio

« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2013, 03:54:15 pm »
i find a little bug..
when i copy new roms to folder \roms , mame4all cant recognize these roms..but when i delete some '.1st or .cfg' files in folder \frontend and re-run mame4all ,the new roms all can be recognized..i dont want to delete these files every time...can repair this bug? thx :)

samir

« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2013, 03:45:42 am »
Hey slaanesh, when I try to use the grapchic converter for MK, the system gives me an error: could not find cygwin1.dll  ::) any suggestion? Win7 64 bits.