Author Topic: GBA Saving and Saves  (Read 7818 times)

dollarhorror

GBA Saving and Saves
« on: April 06, 2010, 03:33:42 pm »
Hi,

When I had my first Dingoo I thought that it wouldn't save properly on the GBA using in-game saves and always just used saved states. After I didn't have the unit anymore I read someplace that it the a320 would use in-game saves, you just had to exit the emu after you saved. Is this true?

Also, can I user saves or saved states from VisualBoyAdvance for the PC in the a320? If so, how?

Thanks

DannyBoyTheDude

Re: GBA Saving and Saves
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 03:36:21 pm »
I think the .sav files are compatible with the dingoo's native gba emulator, just rename the .sav the same thing as your rom, like game.gba and game.sav. I don't know about the save states, probably not.

xdpirate

• * Former Staff
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 04:47:52 am »
Hi,

When I had my first Dingoo I thought that it wouldn't save properly on the GBA using in-game saves and always just used saved states. After I didn't have the unit anymore I read someplace that it the a320 would use in-game saves, you just had to exit the emu after you saved. Is this true?

Also, can I user saves or saved states from VisualBoyAdvance for the PC in the a320? If so, how?

Thanks
Hi there. Unfortunately, a lot of the ingame saves plain doesn't get saved on the native emulator, which is a shame. Fire Emblem, which I played for several hours, saved ingame, quit, and when I restarted the game, there were no save data there. Had the same problem with Summon Night: Swordcraft story.

However, save states work great, and doesn't take up too much memory, so they're just as good as in-game saves. Too bad you're without an A320 now, the community is getting better and better every day! :)

Renata12

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 10:04:46 am »
But I want to know why. ;D

eule

• * Former Staff
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 11:58:43 am »
I think if you make a savestate after you saved ingame, the ingame save is deleted. Happens me with Advance Wars every other day.  :-\
-edit- Are you a bot Renata?  :D
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 12:03:04 pm by eule »

mrzilch

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2010, 05:24:03 pm »
i just noticed this as well

what about GPSP? does it save well?

mandrake88

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2010, 05:31:18 pm »
i just noticed this as well

what about GPSP? does it save well?

i don't know if gpsp save well, but in general, works horrible. Bad emulation, and every time i exit of the gpsp, the gmenu get freezed.
Dingoo A320 Black - Original by Dingoo Digital

crudebuster

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2011, 05:51:50 pm »
Sorry for unearthing such an old topic, but I wish to share some information about these Battery Saves, as I'm a curious player.

I figured out that some games simply save small file sizes, and sometimes corrupt the data entirely.

Specially with Summon Night Swordcraft I, it simply saved and couldn't read nothing after a reset. I've examined the savefile with an hex editor and found the file header, but the rest was simply spaces and corrupt data compared to my PC emulator battery saves.

I use to play in my PC with the VBA-M, that's the most accurate emulator nowadays. So, I tried to use the battery saves I have in my PC in the Dingoo. I have an A320 HK one.

And it worked! And not only that, but every save I did when playing in Dingoo then worked normally, and I just had to rename the files accordingly, so I can use the same Battery files to play in PC and in the Dingoo...

The VBA-M emulator has some options about the battery save size, so even if the file looks bigger, the native emu can work it out.

I've used 64Kb battery saves from the emulator, and Dingoo reduces it to 32Kb, in Summon Night Swordcraft I and II case, and it works perfectly...

Looks like the native one has its limits, but so far I'm enjoying it, waiting for the Dingux port that will enable internal memory use and other stuff, as apparently is easier to code for Linux than for the native.

Post a new topic