Author Topic: gba problem  (Read 4989 times)

ELMTxVash

gba problem
« on: August 12, 2010, 08:41:25 pm »
ok sorry if im posting something thats already been posted but i got my dingoo today and i loaded up some gba roms to test it out and it goes to the load screen and freezes...anyone know why??i tryed crash nitro kart sonic advance 2 sonic advance.the sega port of the original sonic...mortal kombat..nothing works..:/

Re: gba problem
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 08:59:48 pm »
Try replacing your GBA.sim with this patched one. http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/dingoo.cgi?0,0,0,0,5,253

You might want to try wiping everything off of it and getting this: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X836J9DB

They are the emulators, patched to work with certain kinds of Dingoos.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 10:33:14 pm by Jesse »

ELMTxVash

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 09:16:44 pm »
tryed it still same problem i orderd it from dingoo digital usa if that helps..he already had custom firmware on it i think cause it has a bomber man theme  and says DINGO DIGITAL USA on the charging screen lol..nes and sega run fine so do the 3d games that come installed the only thing i cant get it run is the gba games do they have to be named a certain way?cause mine have like CRASH NITRO KART (U) blah blah blah would that cause it to mess up at all?

darfgarf

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2010, 09:32:03 pm »
Perhaps you're just running Roman that don't work properly, there are a few that don't

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2010, 09:40:18 pm »
I would try erasing everything by formatting. Then put those patched emulators on. That's what worked for several others with your problem (emulators not starting and crashing the Dingoo). But you say the other emulators work, just not the GBA?

Maybe they are just corrupted roms or something? Try getting them from somewhere else? I just tried out Sonic Advance 2 and it works.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 10:35:04 pm by Jesse »

ELMTxVash

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2010, 10:11:25 pm »
i figured it out man i went on that site u showed me to get the patched emu and that didnt work so i tryed the original one that wasnt patched and it worked lol...

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2010, 10:31:33 pm »
But shouldn't that have been the one already on there?

Lol, whatever. As long as it's working now.  ;D
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 10:35:18 pm by Jesse »

Frank_fjs

• My simple Dingoo web site
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2010, 03:42:01 am »
But shouldn't that have been the one already on there?

Not if someone is messing with your Dingoo before shipping. :P

cause it has a bomber man theme  and says DINGO DIGITAL USA on the charging scree

I wouldn't want that. I'd want it unopened & untouched, which is why you buy & pay for something that's new.

darfgarf

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2010, 08:59:53 am »
don't think you understand frank, he tests every dingoo to make sure it works before sending, to avoid situations like accidentally sending out a cruddy dingoo that people then have to fix, or bitch and whine, send it back and have to fix it anyway

did you try other roms in the end? or just assumed that because one doesn't run then none will

Frank_fjs

• My simple Dingoo web site
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2010, 10:18:57 am »
Checking is one thing, but replacing themes and wallpapers (which involves hacking to do so) to promote your own company is completely different. Wouldn't you agree? In this case, more likely than not, had it been left alone, the GBA emu probably would have run fine.

Maybe it's just me, but when I buy something new I want to receive it that way. New & untouched. If I buy a TV, I don't want a salesperson to open it first and play around with its settings & configuration. If I buy an iPod, I don't want a salesperson to load it with songs that they think I should listen to. Likewise with a mobile phone, I'll decide what settings to apply and what themes I want to use. I want to break the seal on the packaging. Its peace of mind for me.

I'm not attacking DDU, I just think its odd to tamper with new goods before selling them.

ELMTxVash

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2010, 07:37:04 am »
ehh well man its pretty cool he loaded up a bunch of games and emulators that dont come standerd so i dont really care he saved me some work..he also puts screen proctectors on them apparently cause mine has a screen protector..i mean hes got good service he also gives u a 1 year warranty..so idc good service in my opinion

Post a new topic