• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: Emulators for Dingoo a330  (Read 10967 times)

antonycatton1 (OP)

Emulators for Dingoo a330
« on: October 09, 2013, 03:57:09 pm »
Hi guys,after having the Dingoo a330 for Afew days I have Afew questions,
When I plug the Dingoo into my laptop it comes up with the USB symbol on the screen,once I've done what I need to do I click the eject device button @ bottom right of my screen but when I unplug the Dingoo the USB symbol stays on and I have to reset the machine,is this normal?(I'm using windows 7)
Also can you put other emulators on the Dingoo that work better than the inbuilt ones and is it just a case of download then drag and drop the emulator onto the Dingoo?
Lastly when I plug the Dingoo into my laptop I noticed the diffrent files(3D,CPS1/2,GBA,MVS,MD,FC & SFC)I'm wondering what games go in which files,some are obvious like snes in SFC, NES in FC but where do original gameboy/colour,master system/game gear and wonderswan games go & what is CPS1&2?
Hope someone one here can help as I'd be most grateful for any advice as I'm new to the whole rom/Dingoo buisness.

MightyJAK

• My tumblr
Re: Emulators for Dingoo a330
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2013, 05:24:55 am »
can you put other emulators on the Dingoo that work better than the inbuilt ones and is it just a case of download then drag and drop the emulator onto the Dingoo?

Yes, but for ones with the .sim extension (which launch by selecting a rom directly from the "Interesting Game" file selector), you can only have 1 installed at a time for each system. For example, if you were using alekmaul's SmsGGOO.sim to play Sega Master System / Game Gear and later wanted to try out lion_rsm's DingooSMS.sim instead, you'll have to delete SmsGGOO.sim before installing DingooSMS.sim in its place.

Some emulators have an .app extension instead. These are launched from the "3D Games" menu like a Dingoo native game, then have you select a rom via the emulator's own menu, so no filetype association issues with having multiple .app emus for the same system. That means for playing PC Engine / TurboGrafx-16 games, it's perfectly acceptible to have DOOEngine (.sim) installed along with DingooHuGo and Temper (.app).

Lastly when I plug the Dingoo into my laptop I noticed the diffrent files(3D,CPS1/2,GBA,MVS,MD,FC & SFC)I'm wondering what games go in which files,some are obvious like snes in SFC, NES in FC but where do original gameboy/colour,master system/game gear and wonderswan games go?

Roms go whereever you want, the included folders are just examples. You can delete the ones you don't plan on using, rename them, and add new ones. You can also add subfolders to further organize large rom collections by name, genre, etc.

what is CPS1&2?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capcom_Play_System
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CP_System_II

tldr; a couple of arcade boards with games on interchangeable cartridges, like the Neo Geo. Also like the Neo Geo, Capcom made a home version of the CPS1, but only released a handful of games for it.

<a href="https://web.archive.org/web/20210622080451/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_8M2m2ub9E" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_8M2m2ub9E</a>
My machines:
GBC,GBA,GBA SP,NDS,NGPC,Panasonic FZ-10 3DO,NES,Sega Nomad,Sega CDX w/Power Base Converter,PS1,PS2,PS3,Saturn,Dreamcast,PC (Win 98, XP, 7),Dingoo A320,Dingoo A330,Gemei A330,LetCool N350JP,PAP-GAMETA,GCW-Zero SE,Kyocera Rise,2DS,GP2X-F100,GPD G7,JXD 100,JXD A1000,JXD A3300,JXD F3000,JXD V5000,JXD S7300B,Hyperkin SupaBoy

Currently playing: Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call (2DS)

Harteex

• * Administrator
    • Harteex Productions
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2013, 01:06:28 pm »
Just to check, this is the Dingoo A330 you have, right?
http://www.ohgizmo.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/a_330.jpg

Otherwise the things in the Dingoo Official Firmware subforum won't work.

When I plug the Dingoo into my laptop it comes up with the USB symbol on the screen,once I've done what I need to do I click the eject device button @ bottom right of my screen but when I unplug the Dingoo the USB symbol stays on and I have to reset the machine,is this normal?(I'm using windows 7)

This happens to me as well. Might be a better idea to just wait a little after transfer and then just unplug it.

MightyJAK

• My tumblr
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2013, 05:22:44 pm »

This happens to me as well. Might be a better idea to just wait a little after transfer and then just unplug it.

I was having a similar issue with windows XP. Sometimes when moving files to the SD card the device would become unresponsive, eventually bringing up an error (something like "make sure there is a disk in the drive"). Although I could still access the NAND, after safely ejecting the device the Dingoo would be locked up and need a reset. Turns out the problem was caused by a faulty micro SD -> mini SD adapter, bad pin connections were making the micro SD card unmount randomly. Replacing the adapter fixed the problem.
My machines:
GBC,GBA,GBA SP,NDS,NGPC,Panasonic FZ-10 3DO,NES,Sega Nomad,Sega CDX w/Power Base Converter,PS1,PS2,PS3,Saturn,Dreamcast,PC (Win 98, XP, 7),Dingoo A320,Dingoo A330,Gemei A330,LetCool N350JP,PAP-GAMETA,GCW-Zero SE,Kyocera Rise,2DS,GP2X-F100,GPD G7,JXD 100,JXD A1000,JXD A3300,JXD F3000,JXD V5000,JXD S7300B,Hyperkin SupaBoy

Currently playing: Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call (2DS)

antonycatton1 (OP)

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2013, 07:14:12 am »
Thanks so much for all the replies,so much help.im going to try and find a decent NES and snes emulator and try and install them instead of the originals.im assuming the emulators are the files that end in .sim in the browse section?not sure if your allowed to recommend emulators but what are people's favourites to replace the originals with?also what are the best ones to put in the 3D games section?

gabriel314

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2013, 01:22:26 pm »
Hi all of you!

I am joining the club of A330 owners as well since I got this console yesterday.

I would ask you a very nooby question:

How can I play these games ?(I got the .zip file from each below)

- Aero Fighter 2
- Goal!Goal!Goal!
- Hat Trick '95
- SuperSidekick3
- Street Hoop
- Ghost and Goblins
- Pang
- outrun
- Big Striker
- Cadillac & Dinosaurus
- Captain Commando
- Street Fighter 2
- Final Fight
- Hat Trick Hero
- The King of Dragons
- Moral Kombat
- Shinobi
- Power Spikes
- Metal Slug (ALL :D )
- Toki
- Secret Agent
- Sunset riders
- Caveman Ninja
- Fatal Fury
- Neo Turf Master
- Puzzle Bouble
- Basball Stars
- Fatal Fury
- Football Frenzy
- KoF
- Neo Drift Out

I don't have any idea how to install a MAME4ALL or anything inside.... :(

I downloaded them, put the zip files on the internal memory (not sure where to put actually and what emulator use), but are not booting up once I select them