• RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: CPS??  (Read 11395 times)

Kalisiin

CPS??
« on: November 05, 2009, 05:32:54 pm »
This is weird...I thought Native firmware supported CPS1 and CPS2.

Seems to only support CPS1.

I tried some CPS2, and no go.

Does someone know something that I don't?

eule

• * Former Staff
Re: CPS??
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 06:18:59 pm »
CPS2 roms must be converted.
The tool is to find at dingoo-digital.com, aswell as many other tools for native OS, like the NeoGeo converter, that might interest you too.  :D
Or use FBA320 on dingux. But some bigger roms don?t work...  :'(

Kalisiin

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 06:54:31 pm »
SO many things nobody tells ya!!

Thanks, eule....'preciate it!

+ Karma for you.

EDIT: Very weird...this tool converted them to .cp2 files.  I was looking for .mvs
Hummm....

Well, 2 of them worked as .cp2 files, one did not work as a .cp2 file...and one totally just would not convert.

Don't use CPS too much as a rule, but there's a few games I like in there...for when I just totally feel like blasting the crap out of something.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 07:11:27 pm by Kalisiin »

eule

• * Former Staff
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2009, 07:14:13 pm »
MVS are neogeo roms, cp2 is cps2. Should work normally, if not it might be the wrong rom you converted. I had best success with mame roms  ;).
List of CPS2 games:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CP_System_II

demon cleaner

• ClassicAmiga
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2009, 07:15:21 pm »
There's a .cp2 converter for CPS2 games, and there's also a .mvs converter for NEO GEO games.

Kalisiin

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2009, 07:19:39 pm »
ok...have to check that out.
See, I had CPS2 roms.
And I used the CPS2 converter.

One did not convert, one didn't work after conversion, 2 worked.

But I was expecting .mvs files because this is what it says on dingoo-digital:

CPS2 converter - english version
Posted Sun, 03/08/2009 - 22:30 by teamdingoo

This is the dingoo-digital.com partly english translated version of the CPS2 Game Conversion tool V1.0

Use this application to decrypt your CPS2 games from ZIP format to MVS files.[/u]

Anyways, thx for the help...don't have much use for CPS...or NEO-GEO really, most of it isn't really my speed...but a few of them are good for, like I said...when you want to just blast the crap out of something.

Is there anything that works with CPS3?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 07:29:12 pm by Kalisiin »

Kalisiin

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2009, 07:52:03 pm »
Weird.

Downloaded the NEO-GEO converter.
Ran it with 3 zips.
Said it converted them...well, actually, it said something in Chinese...

But no .mvs file outputted anywhere.
I even searched my whole computer for .mvs files, NADA.

And of course the original .zip files won't work.

But I did get CPS2 working.

Like I said, this is not a huge deal, because there's very few games I really want from this category, anyway.
But I'd like to know what, if anything, I did wrong, why it does not work....

demon cleaner

• ClassicAmiga
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2009, 08:22:40 pm »
Yo it's in a foreign language, but it just works like the cps2 converter:

- open it (preferrable with the console behind (dos window), so you will see what happens)
- press left button (chose which game to convert)
- press middle button (starts conversion)
- in the window you can then see what happens and when it's finished press any button to close it)

.mvs file will be put into the same directory than where your .zip game is.

ruffnutts

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2009, 08:54:37 pm »
I just converted Neo Geo Metal slug - its all corrupt it plays but screens all funny - and how do you know what bios to use?

ruffnutts

Hellblaze

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2009, 09:12:57 pm »
There are several CPS2 games that don't work once converted. I don't believe this is a complete list, but:

http://a320.bluwiki.com/go/Non-Working_Games

eule

• * Former Staff
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2009, 10:36:54 pm »
If the screen is garbled, it?s probably the rom. All Metal Slug games work great, when the right rom is used. As i said, MAME roms work best most of the time.
There are also some torrents floating around, type Dingoo in piratebay eg to see what i mean.  :D

ruffnutts

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2009, 11:03:29 pm »
See I`m new to CPS1/CPS2 - Mame and Neo Geo MVS - as I`ve never been interested,
But I`m sorted for Neo Geo MVS - just downloaded the pre-converted 1.3 roms set lol - metal slug works great now lol

Also got a CP1 rom in zip format wich worked - just need to figure out Mame :-)
Tried Mortal Kombat 3 with no luck  :-\

Cheers ruffnutts  ;D

Kalisiin

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2009, 11:27:54 pm »
See I`m new to CPS1/CPS2 - Mame and Neo Geo MVS - as I`ve never been interested,
But I`m sorted for Neo Geo MVS - just downloaded the pre-converted 1.3 roms set lol - metal slug works great now lol

Tried Mortal Kombat 3 with no luck  :-\

Cheers ruffnutts  ;D

MAME on Dingoo is easy.  I have 167 working games there now...and that's just the ones I could get to work, and that I like.  I don't collect games just to have them...I only keep games that I like.

You need to use 37b5 MAME romsets with MAME4ALL.

If you know how to add to .zip files, you can sometimes luck out and find missing parts of some .zip files and make a previously not-working MAME into a good, working MAME...I have done this many, many times.

Kalisiin

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2009, 11:33:37 pm »
Still can't make the Neo-Geo converter spit out a file....

Nada, nothing, zip, zero output is what I get.

Just some message in Chinese.

EDIT: I figured out my problem.
You CAN'T re-name the .zip files before trying to convert, or the converter won't recognize them.

I'm trying now, to see if you can re-name the .mvs file AFTER conversion...so that the actual name of the game is the file and not some irritating abbreviation.

EDIT: Yep...that did it.  You're allowed to change names AFTER conversion.  I got Ghost Pilots and Last Resort to work for me.  But Irritating Maze would not work, it froze...which is....really irritating!!  :P
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 12:12:00 am by Kalisiin »

ruffnutts

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2009, 12:38:45 pm »

Tried Mortal Kombat 3 with no luck  :-\

Cheers ruffnutts  ;D

MAME on Dingoo is easy.  I have 167 working games there now...and that's just the ones I could get to work, and that I like.  I don't collect games just to have them...I only keep games that I like.

If you know how to add to .zip files, you can sometimes luck out and find missing parts of some .zip files and make a previously not-working MAME into a good, working MAME...I have done this many, many times.

Thanks for your help - can you tell me if street fighter 2 on Mame is anygood - I`m try to find what system is best for this game to play - as my mate loves it and wants it on he`s dingoo :-)

Also what games to look out for on Mame..... BTW: sorry for going off the CPS topic.

cheers ruffnutts  ;)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 12:46:33 pm by ruffnutts »

demon cleaner

• ClassicAmiga
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2009, 03:13:47 pm »
Quote from: Kalisiin
EDIT: I figured out my problem.
You CAN'T re-name the .zip files before trying to convert, or the converter won't recognize them.

I'm trying now, to see if you can re-name the .mvs file AFTER conversion...so that the actual name of the game is the file and not some irritating abbreviation.

Yep, I noticed that too first time I did it, the converter contains a list with all the names of the roms how they're supposed to be, thus if you change the name before converting, it doesn't find it in its list, and does not know which one that is. After converting, the renaming is no problem.

Thought I was the only one who would try to rename the roms BEFORE converting ;D that's why I didn't mention it.

demon cleaner

• ClassicAmiga
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2009, 06:05:01 pm »
Quote from: Kalisiin
EDIT: Yep...that did it.  You're allowed to change names AFTER conversion.  I got Ghost Pilots and Last Resort to work for me.  But Irritating Maze would not work, it froze...which is....really irritating!!  :P

Btw, Irritating Maze works fine in FBA320 in zipped form. Tested just now.

demon cleaner

• ClassicAmiga
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2009, 06:52:31 pm »
I noticed now that none of 8 converted CPS2 games work??

- Alien VS Predator
- Battle Circuit
- Dungeons & Dragons - Shadow over Mystara
- Dungeons & Dragons - Tower of Doom
- Dimahoo
- Giga Wing
- Mars Matrix
- Progear

Kalisiin

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2009, 07:00:10 pm »

Tried Mortal Kombat 3 with no luck  :-\

Cheers ruffnutts  ;D

MAME on Dingoo is easy.  I have 167 working games there now...and that's just the ones I could get to work, and that I like.  I don't collect games just to have them...I only keep games that I like.

Thanks for your help - can you tell me if street fighter 2 on Mame is anygood - I`m try to find what system is best for this game to play - as my mate loves it and wants it on he`s dingoo :-)

Also what games to look out for on Mame..... BTW: sorry for going off the CPS topic.

cheers ruffnutts  ;)

Nope.  couldn't even tell you if it's actually working.  "Supported" and "working" are 2 different things.  I never tried to do anything with Street Fighter, because I do not enjoy games of that genre.

- Alien VS Predator
- Battle Circuit
- Dimahoo
- Giga Wing
- Mars Matrix
- Progear

Giga Wing worked for me...but 1944 didn't.  Alien vs Predator did not work for me either.  Can't say anything about the other six you list as I have not tried them.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 07:02:18 pm by Kalisiin »

demon cleaner

• ClassicAmiga
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2009, 09:17:59 am »

- Alien VS Predator
- Battle Circuit
- Dimahoo
- Giga Wing
- Mars Matrix
- Progear

Any ideas?