• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: ColecOO freezes when i open file.  (Read 3319 times)

ComaBlack

ColecOO freezes when i open file.
« on: December 13, 2011, 05:17:14 am »
Ok so when I try to open my .COL files the Dingoo just freezes. Doesn't start ColecOO at all it just freezes. I have firmware 1.2 and am trying to run ColecOO 3.1. I got my game files as .ROMs and all i did to change them was right-click rename and i changed the extention. The computer now recognizes them as HTML something files. I noticed at Dingoo-Digital someone else had this problem, but there was no response. Can anyone offer some help?

Trevor Belomont

Re: ColecOO freezes when i open file.
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 01:05:02 am »
I would recommend downloading roms from a site that ends with the word -Hustler. Those Coleco roms are already in "COL" file format with the ".col" extension and everything.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 12:27:19 pm by Turkish »

RetroChiGuy1212

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 01:47:46 am »
I'm having the same trouble too with ColecCO.  I had to install the DinGear emulator just to play the games.  DingooSMS played the games, but the button control is limited so you couldn't play most of the games.

Trevor Belomont

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 02:02:17 am »
I have an idea. Its worked before for other emulators. You try using the configuration (.cfg) files from someone's emulator that is working smoothly, and usually, that does it. I'm offering my .cfg files if you guys wanna try that...Just let me know.

RetroChiGuy1212

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 02:22:12 am »
Sure...for the ColeCOO emulator, right?

Trevor Belomont

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 02:32:16 am »
Yeah man. Shoot me a message and i'll reply with the necessary data.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 08:41:31 am by Turkish »

Post a new topic