Author Topic: Another LynGOO issue... please help!  (Read 2627 times)

Max Volume

Another LynGOO issue... please help!
« on: September 08, 2010, 08:34:50 am »
Hi all, it's good to be a part of Dingoonity.

I've read a couple threads on LynGOO, and none have quite addressed the issue I'm having... here's where I am:

LynGOO.SIM file - check! (version 1.2, also tried the original Beta)
lynxboot.img - check! (tried 3 different versions)
unzipped ROMs with .lnx extension (CA Games, Ms. PAC, Diag. cart) - check!

My ROM files are just in the GAME folder, and they DO show up, it's just that once I try to launch any of them the Dingoo freezes and must be reset.

I've specifically read that Ms. PAC and the Diag. cart work with LynGOO, so I can't work out what the problem is.  I'm running the official firmware version 1.2, and my Dingoo has no paw mark on the back.  That seems to be behind the NEO GEO bug, so could my newer Dingoo simply not work with LynGOO?  Say it ain't so! :(

Anyway, thanks in advance for any help you can provide.  Luckily I do have an *actual* LYNX, but the Dingo is of course MUCH easier to carry with me! ;)

P.S. in my collection of BIOS files, I seem to have lynx.bin, lynxa.bin, and various others (48K, 128K, etc.) -- anyone know which flavor might work with LynGOO?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 08:42:51 am by Max Volume »

Chris23235

Re: Another LynGOO issue... please help!
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 09:02:50 am »
Even if you have a non HK Dingoo, have you tried the patched version of the emulators?

You can find them here

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X836J9DB

Max Volume

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 05:14:32 pm »
Even if you have a non HK Dingoo, have you tried the patched version of the emulators?

You can find them here

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X836J9DB

Thanks, Chris!  In the words of Gen. Beringer from WarGames, "I'd piss on a spark plug if I thought it'd do any good!" ;)

Hopefully the LynGOO contained in that archive will work, but if not, you've at least saved me a lot of time downloading emulators, since every system the Dingoo can emulate (natively, anyway) seems to be represented in that archive... woohoo! :)

Max Volume

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010, 02:23:38 am »

AWESOME!!! LynGOO now works!  I can see that this is NOT gonna replace my real LYNX, but it's great that it's working! ;D

I haven't tried the other emulators, but so far things look promising... a bit disappointing that it seems to mean I have at least the equivalent of an HK Dingoo even though there's no HK in my serial number, but it's nice to know that it's possible to overcome those issues.

Thanks again, Chris!!!

Post a new topic
Post a new topic