Author Topic: PC game "Comanche" run on Dingoo...  (Read 4120 times)

stew

PC game "Comanche" run on Dingoo...
« on: February 25, 2010, 03:07:05 pm »
Hi dingoo users,
I would like to state here that I'm willing to pay for the development of a single emulator app (similar to quake 1/2) that can emulate the 1992 PC-Dos game Comanche: Maximum Overkill on a dingoo. I willing to pay from $100 to $500 for the full develop to any persons who are interest in this project.

Please email me [email protected] for more information... hope some of you are interested, I stand by my word always...
Regards

santino

Re: PC game "Comanche" run on Dingoo...
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 03:39:23 pm »
Why not take the 500$ and buy a better device which can manage dosbox?

RodrigoCard

• Mac Joystick Apps
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 04:05:11 pm »
Why not take the 500$ and buy a better device which can manage dosbox?

I would say the same thing...

but, I think there is no device as small as dingoo that can handle this.
Wiz?

stew

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 05:49:53 pm »
I agree I could buy a PSP :P but I love my dingoo so mush, and can even pulg it into my tv to play on the big screen. I know that it is possible as quake I and II was runs well and plays smooth. So why not Comanche: Maximum Overkill it looks so amazing to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjXXIFRud9o

Any takers will pay over $500 if needed...

zear

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2010, 05:58:37 pm »
I agree I could buy a PSP :P but I love my dingoo so mush, and can even pulg it into my tv to play on the big screen. I know that it is possible as quake I and II was runs well and plays smooth. So why not Comanche: Maximum Overkill it looks so amazing to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjXXIFRud9o

Any takers will pay over $500 if needed...

Quake 1 and 2 are not being emulated.
Quake 1 runs natively on dingux due to the fact that the original source code was publicly released.
In order to get Commanche running on the dingoo you'd have to either rewrite the whole engine, which would be very hard to do and take at least a couple of months, if not years, especially that this game uses a voxel engine.
Another way is to port dosbox to dingoo and emulate commanche with it, but dingoo has not enough power to emulate such a game.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 06:02:08 pm by zear »

darfgarf

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2010, 06:42:49 pm »
it'd be much easier to just do a full remake as close as you could get it, but it'd need different graphics/etc just to avoid the copyright

(though having it on a handheld would be extremely godly, should replay it shometime...)

stew

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2010, 07:17:46 pm »
how would I remake such a game? and when will the dosbox come to dingoo is it possible... zear I disagess and think that Comanche graphics could run on a dingoo. think about psp 1 game run and have more detail complex graphics why such Comanche with its save cutting voxel graphic work... it even run on a old GP2X see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6oxl5QMco4
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 07:21:20 pm by stew »

santino

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2010, 07:59:50 pm »
Maybe the dingoo could get this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uZeF4AvxM0

Its comanche on the snes.

accolon

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2010, 08:05:24 pm »
Comanche originally required a 386 cpu and 4 MB of RAM, so theoretically the Dingoo should be powerful enough.

However, there are several problems:
1. The source code is not publicly available, therefore it's not possible to port Comanche to the Dingoo like it was done with e.g. Quake.
2. Even if the source code was available, it would be very difficult to port this game over. The voxel engine was written in x86 assembly which would require major changes for the Dingoo MIPS cpu.
3. To run the original, unmodified game on the Dingoo, some sort of PC emulator (like DOSBox) is necessary. There is none, and the Dingoo is probably too weak to emulate a complete x86 PC running a game like Comanche.

The SNES version of Comanche was never released. Additionally, the E3 preview version from the Youtube video used the SuperFX 2 chip.

stew

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2010, 08:13:41 pm »
yes santino, I seen this its bloody amazing that this what do at all. but may I say do we have a fx 2 emulator for the dingoo (my guess no). ok if I cannot get a dingoo dosbox, could I get one for the wiz?

ctrl_shift_esc

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2010, 01:13:09 am »
I BET you're from texas. Making three threads on one forum in a single day asking to do the same impossible thing and willing to throw 500$ away for that.
Ride 'em, cowboy!

flatmush

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2010, 09:06:48 am »
Even if it could be done (I'm pretty sure I could program something similar) it would take way more than $500 worth of time, at my current rate of pay $500 would be 23 hours and 8 minutes, games are expensive to make.

eule

• * Former Staff
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2010, 02:18:44 pm »
Quite cheap for a developer.  :D
on: If you really want Comanche on the go, and have 500$ to throw at it, why not buy an UMID M1:
http://www.umpcportal.com/2009/04/umid-mbook-m1-full-review/
But i?d love to see it on the Dingoo too  ;D
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 02:21:11 pm by eule »

Bouvrie

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2010, 04:44:48 pm »
wouldn't a Pandora qualify?
Write/save problems? Segmentation faults? Black screens? Read the Troubleshooting and FAQ guide first to fix your issues! :)
SD Card readonly/corruption issues? Chkdisk /F and steer clear from DMenu: use GMenu instead!

Post a new topic