• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: Keyboard Mapping Files on an RG350 (TI-99, Amstrad, etc.)  (Read 2779 times)

jonecool (OP)

Keyboard Mapping Files on an RG350 (TI-99, Amstrad, etc.)
« on: November 23, 2019, 05:38:05 am »
My apologies if this is a dumb question.  I'm new to the RG350/Dingux and I'm working on a page to explore things I've learned lately.  My goal is to be able to hook a USB Keyboard up to the RG350 (which I have all the hardware working) and allow using this USB keyboard to type in letters, numbers, special characters, etc. into the emulated computer (TI-99 will be my first attempt since it's one I'm used to). 

I can't figure out how the keyboard mapping files work, does anyone have links to documentation that explains how to setup a mapping file?  I looked at some existing mapping files, but I'm not getting it.  Are they ASCII values, UTF-8, something custom?  Do the characters to the left of the "=" have any meaning?  If so, how do I find a directory of what they are.  The numeric values to the right, how do they relate to the keystroke?  I've made a number of google searches either I'm using the wrong key phrases or the documentation for this is just hard to find.

Here's where I'm documenting what I've learned over the past couple days: http://wagnerstechtalk.com/rg350tips/

Thank you for any help!  Any mapping files I create will be made public on the above page for all to use.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 02:57:19 pm by jonecool »

Post a new topic
Post a new topic