Author Topic: How to create a background app?  (Read 3994 times)

gsoft (OP)

How to create a background app?
« on: March 20, 2011, 07:38:14 pm »
How to create a background APP for recognizing the Y+X buttons as (Start) on firmware?

It is a test

clach04

Re: How to create a background app?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 08:03:38 pm »
How to create a background APP for recognizing the Y+X buttons as (Start) on firmware?

It is a test

My best guess is that this is NOT possible, if you remember back to the A320 Y+B button problem, that was only handled in a firmware update.

One option for the x760 would be for you to modify SDL in the SDK for native to do this under the covers, i.e. SDL would report the start button was pressed, this would need to be ifdef'd so that it only happens when built with that support. I think you've built the native SDK before.

This would be something we could add to the SDK if you have a nice patch for it.

I replied to your Dingux post too.

flatmush

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 12:23:34 pm »
This may be possible utilizing threads and abusing the fact that the Native OS doesn't clean up properly after itself, the best place to start looking would be at the ucos2 (standard) threading functions.

gsoft (OP)

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 04:00:26 pm »
I want to simulate the pressing of buttons with a background app.
In GemeiX760 +
A emulator buttons (START + SELECT) (L and R)

For use in SMSPLUS and others APPs

flatmush

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 08:59:05 pm »
There is currently no known way of doing that, but like I said it's not beyond the realms of possibility, but this isn't a commercially supported sdk, if you want the feature then you'll have to research and implement it yourself because nobody else will do it for you.
If I had the time then I'd look into this (it's been on my TODO list for a while) but realistically I'm not going to get the time in the near future.