Author Topic: App for Dingoo Native OS Reboot??  (Read 4183 times)

yefeng (OP)

App for Dingoo Native OS Reboot??
« on: June 11, 2010, 12:01:11 pm »
Is there any one think of writting a App for Dingoo Native OS to reboot the machine? Could you give me some tips?

flatmush

Re: App for Dingoo Native OS Reboot??
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 04:15:23 pm »
Read the jz4740 datasheets, it should be possible through the use of the Clock, Reset and Power Management unit, however if not then it can certainly be achieved by abusing the WatchDog Timer unit. What level of reset do you want, it may be possible to reset simply by jumping the the RESET vector in assembly.

yefeng (OP)

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 05:36:43 pm »
Ohm,thanks,I think assembly may be the fastest way,I just want to switch the two different OS that no need to power off the native dingoo and then power on to use dingux. :P

comatsu

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2010, 04:57:22 pm »
Yefeng did you find a way to reboot the Dingoo with the native SDK?

flatmush

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2010, 01:10:52 am »
The native SDK has nothing todo with rebooting the dingoo and contains no functions for it, it's basically a matter of figuring out how to reset the chip and writing it to the correct chip registers.

comatsu

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2010, 11:28:58 am »
OK perhaps I understood what's happening, but I assumed once one figured out how to do it in assembly/by setting the registers etc. this could be included in any program.

darfgarf

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2010, 12:17:59 pm »
Dissassemble the native OS for the shutdown code, then replace the last instruction with j 0x00000000? Something along those lines   ;D

Post a new topic